Best OnStar Price - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Best OnStar Price in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by kiboater Just call and say you want to cancel. They will transfer you to the cancellation department. ...
    300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by kiboater
    Just call and say you want to cancel. They will transfer you to the cancellation department. They will ask why you want to cancel. Tell them you love the service but it is too expensive. Then it becomes lets make a deal.
    Thanks. I'll try calling. I hate to play these games. I don't want a deep discount, but there is no incentive for paying/renewing early.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2
    It's not from cadillac, onstar is it's own company.
    OnStar is a subsidiary of GM.

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Best OnStar Price

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    My 1 year trial ends on 7/27. I received an email asking me to renew at $199 for a year D&C plan. It did have an asterisk that said plus tax. When I go to the OnStar site it says $249. So which is it? Does the $249 include taxes and fees? Should I call OnStar to get their best price. I'd like to extend my service plan, but would like to get some sort of discount or promotional rate if possible. There should also be some incentive to renew early. I've watched for that all along and have seen nothing. Cadillac Customer Service, feel free to chime in. First time customer here looking for fair treatment.
    300:29:1,

The normal price for an annual renewal of Directions & Connections is $299, so that $249 offer you saw online is the promotional price. To get the most current pricing and promotions for your area push your OnStar button or call 1-888-4ONSTAR to talk to an Advisor, or I'd be happy to answer any questions. Just send me a PM with your account and contact information.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
    300:29:1,

The normal price for an annual renewal of Directions & Connections is $299, so that $249 offer you saw online is the promotional price. To get the most current pricing and promotions for your area push your OnStar button or call 1-888-4ONSTAR to talk to an Advisor, or I'd be happy to answer any questions. Just send me a PM with your account and contact information.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
    Thanks Jessica. I appreciate you pointing out the discount. I'll probably renew online. As I said, I'm not looking to pry a big discount out (threaten to cancel).

It's my pleasure 300:29:1! Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm always happy to help.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Are phone minutes transferable to a new vehicle? I just got notified that the minutes on my current 2011 expire on 8/1/13 unless I add more minutes. I may be getting a new 13 in September. If I buy the minutes can they be transferred to my new vehicle or are they lost when the old vehicle is traded. I really do not use the OnStar phone very much except when regular cell service is poor.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Minutes can not be transferred.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Minutes can not be transferred.
    Hi Captain: Just spoke with OnStar via 888# and was told that minutes are in fact transferable to new vehicle. Maybe Jessica will chime in on this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Well, that is a new deal-eo that I was not aware of! I stand corrected!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by halp View Post
    Are phone minutes transferable to a new vehicle? I just got notified that the minutes on my current 2011 expire on 8/1/13 unless I add more minutes. I may be getting a new 13 in September. If I buy the minutes can they be transferred to my new vehicle or are they lost when the old vehicle is traded. I really do not use the OnStar phone very much except when regular cell service is poor.
    halp,

Yes, your remaining Hands Free Calling minutes can be transferred to a new vehicle, as long as the previous vehicle was sold or traded and will not remain active. The easiest way to transfer minutes is to call (press the blue OnStar button) on your new vehicle to activate. Be sure to let the advisor know you have a previous vehicle with OnStar and would like to transfer your remaining minutes and subscription. Once your new vehicle is active any remaining subscription and minutes can be added to the new vehicle. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

halp,

Yes, your remaining Hands Free Calling minutes can be transferred to a new vehicle, as long as the previous vehicle was sold or traded and will not remain active. The easiest way to transfer minutes is to call (press the blue OnStar button) on your new vehicle to activate. Be sure to let the advisor know you have a previous vehicle with OnStar and would like to transfer your remaining minutes and subscription. Once your new vehicle is active any remaining subscription and minutes can be added to the new vehicle. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
    Hi Jessica:
    Thanks for the info on the minutes. I have decided to just let them expire as I originally bought 100 and still have over 70 left a year later. I always forget to use them and use my cell phone. Also, 40 cents a minute is really expensive. I probably will not even re-new my OnStar if I keep this vehicle unless they will give me a good deal. I have rarely used it in the two years that I have had my SRX.

Quote Originally Posted by halp View Post
    Hi Jessica:
    Thanks for the info on the minutes. I have decided to just let them expire as I originally bought 100 and still have over 70 left a year later. I always forget to use them and use my cell phone. Also, 40 cents a minute is really expensive. I probably will not even re-new my OnStar if I keep this vehicle unless they will give me a good deal. I have rarely used it in the two years that I have had my SRX.
    halp,

I'd be happy to review your account and see what I can do to better assist. Can you send me a PM with your account and contact information?

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

halp,

I'd be happy to review your account and see what I can do to better assist. Can you send me a PM with your account and contact information?

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
    Jessica, PM sent.

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

On Star is a must have. It's nice to know, that someone is always with you.
    TheCaptain likes this.

SRX Lady is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree. It is nice to know that Onstar is there if you need them. Three days after registering my 2013 SRX, a deer ran into the drivers side of my car. Onstar was talking to me within seconds of the crash. It was very nice not to have to fumble with my phone with my shaking hands. I will renew when my trial is up!
    njacobsen and georule like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.