Stone Chipped Windshield
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Stone Chipped Windshield in Cadillac SRX Forums; A stone came off the road and struck the windshield now there is an inch spider crack. Does any one ...
    Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

Stone Chipped Windshield

A stone came off the road and struck the windshield now there is an inch spider crack. Does any one know if this is under factory warrenty? Thankx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mfdoc911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Re: Stone Chipped Windshield

I just replaced the windshield in my 2010, I dont think it is covered, be very careful, most replacement glass will not have the sound deadning propertys of the original. I fought with Farmers for most of a month before they got the apropriate glass

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Many insurance companies will repair this for free. Definitely not covered under warranty. If the crack is too large it will need replaced.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Have your dealer look at your windshield. My 2010 was showing delaimation in the in the upper corners. Was replaced under warranty with a GM windshield. Worth a try.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoc911 View Post
    I just replaced the windshield in my 2010, I dont think it is covered, be very careful, most replacement glass will not have the sound deadning propertys of the original. I fought with Farmers for most of a month before they got the apropriate glass
    I agree 100%!

Always insist on GM OEM replacement parts whether it is a windshield or any other significant part. Most insurance companies offer full glass coverage at a very minimal yearly cost. I had replaced my Chevy SSR windshield a few years back and I asked for the GM OEM Glass "ONLY" and then I asked for their best installer. The insurance company hesitated slightly at first but I insisted that I wanted OEM parts only so they finally agreed after only a few minutes talking with them.

I then asked my friend who owns a Chevy dealership near if he would allow me to use a bay for the windshield install. He agreed because I didn't want the windshield installation to be negatively affected by any possible bad weather.

*Note: I believe the newer style sound deadening windshields became standard in the 2012 Model Year. If I am correct about that information I would certainly ask to see if you could "upgrade" to the newer style windshield.

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by allgm View Post
    Have your dealer look at your windshield. My 2010 was showing delaimation in the in the upper corners. Was replaced under warranty with a GM windshield. Worth a try.
    does anyone have any pictures of this delamination problems with the windshield? I've seen a few posts here with this problem and just curious to see how the symptoms looks like. thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.