Heated Steering Wheel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Heated Steering Wheel in Cadillac SRX Forums; Gotta say. Probably one of the best features. Lets shot out some love....
    quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

Heated Steering Wheel

Gotta say. Probably one of the best features. Lets shot out some love.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: Heated Steering Wheel

Love!!!!

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Miss it . Had it on my 2008 SRX

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Glad to hear it, quantex! Thanks for kicking off this thread; the feedback is much appreciated.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Yes! Hands down one of the nicest features I enjoy!

It feels sooooo nice to grab onto a really "WARM" steering wheel in our cold weather here in NY.

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    Yes! Hands down one of the nicest features I enjoy!

It feels sooooo nice to grab onto a really "WARM" steering wheel in our cold weather here in NY.
    It's really unfortunate that Cadillac chose to make this seemingly great feature available, but made the benefit so so. I'm referring to the portions of the steering wheel that aren't heated due to wood trim. I understand this was remedied in MY 2013, but I find myself getting less than maximum benefit from the heated wheel. Even when not turning, you have to be careful how you grip the wheel when it's very cold. I don't drive with gloves on. SOrry to complain, but this little defect bugs me at times.

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    It's really unfortunate that Cadillac chose to make this seemingly great feature available, but made the benefit so so. I'm referring to the portions of the steering wheel that aren't heated due to wood trim. I understand this was remedied in MY 2013, but I find myself getting less than maximum benefit from the heated wheel. Even when not turning, you have to be careful how you grip the wheel when it's very cold. I don't drive with gloves on. SOrry to complain, but this little defect bugs me at times.
    Yes that was my only gripe on my 2012 SRX that the full benefits of a heated wheel was lost unless you kept your hands in certain areas of the steering wheel and it was very evident when one was making turns, your hands would have to grip the still cold wood area. That was one reason Cadillac fixed that situation when their GM engineers came out with the newer design wheel. Still many of us owners liked the look of wood thus the reason why the wood was placed on the inside of the steering wheel.

Yes that was my only gripe on my 2012 SRX that the full benefits of a heated wheel was lost unless you kept your hands in certain areas of the steering wheel and it was very evident when one was making turns, your hands would have to grip the still cold wood area. That was one reason Cadillac fixed that situation when their GM engineers came out with the newer design wheel. Still many of us owners liked the look of wood thus the reason why the wood was placed on the inside of the steering wheel.
    Remember GM does not stand for Genius Motors. Anyways, my wood is very dark on my wheel as compared to my wife's wheel. I like it.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

You have the Light Titanium interior quantex? I notice the Light Titanium for '13 gets extra dark wood.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    You have the Light Titanium interior quantex? I notice the Light Titanium for '13 gets extra dark wood.
    Actually no. It is ebony. The wood in the sunlight looks nice, but man it is dark. Almost looks like dark plastic. I like it alot though. If it ever gets sunny here I will try to get a picture. My wife has the LT and here wood is lighter.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Ok right on.
    Back on topic, I'm excited to use the heated wheel!!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

hiznhrz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Blk/Blk SRX Performance Collection

My wife love the heated steering wheel. I thought it was a good idea but my opinion when I bought the cars was "take it or leave it". We spent last weekend on a road trip; I drove. When I got back into my daily driver on Monday morning I sure wished I had a heated steering wheel. Love it!

hambone8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium

Never thought I would enjoy such a feature since I wear gloves in the winter... I freakin' love it now!

Quote Originally Posted by hambone8 View Post
    Never thought I would enjoy such a feature since I wear gloves in the winter... I freakin' love it now!
    I thought I would only use the heated steering wheel when it was around 20 degrees or lower out but I now find I use it almost all the time throughout our extended NY cold weather season.

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

I thought I would only use the heated steering wheel when it was around 20 degrees or lower out but I now find I use it almost all the time throughout our extended NY cold weather season.
    This is one of the features in the SRX I am looking forward to.

I couldn't find anywhere if this can be programmed to come on automatically when remote starting like the heated/ventilated seats. That would be even nicer. Is it possible? Or does it at least remember the previous setting (on or off) when you start the vehicle next time?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.