Heated Steering Wheel - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Heated Steering Wheel in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by vi2k13 This is one of the features in the SRX I am looking forward to. I couldn't ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Heated Steering Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    This is one of the features in the SRX I am looking forward to.

I couldn't find anywhere if this can be programmed to come on automatically when remote starting like the heated/ventilated seats. That would be even nicer. Is it possible? Or does it at least remember the previous setting (on or off) when you start the vehicle next time?
    Sorry but the heated wheel can only be activated manually by the driver when the car is running. Only the heated seats will come on if you have selected that option in the settings menu. I find that the heated steering wheels heats up very fast and within a minute or two you already start feeling the heat.

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    Sorry but the heated wheel can only be activated manually by the driver when the car is running. Only the heated seats will come on if you have selected that option in the settings menu. I find that the heated steering wheels heats up very fast and within a minute or two you already start feeling the heat.
    Thanks!

That's great if it heats up fast! Good to know.

Whistlingdixiee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance, Glacier Blue

I just tried this feature today. Living in the South, I didn't think I would really use a heated steering wheel, but I
    have to say, I like it! I also questioned how much "heat" it would have and would it make a difference. I am
    pleasantly surprised at 1. How fast the steering wheel got hot and 2. How nice and toasty the wheel became. I
    still like the look of the wood on the steering wheel, and kind of miss not having that, but I will definitely use the
    heating feature, even here in Dixie! Where was this wonderful option when I lived in Alaska??

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Glad you're enjoying it, Whistlingdixiee! Many more happy, toasty miles!
    Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Two warm thumbs up!

XavierFlatbush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Yes, I'm a guy who usually is never cold, my heated seat very rarely goes on, and I thought the same would be the case for the heated steering wheel. But I was wrong. I really enjoy it, and it does heat up quickly so it not going on as part of automatic start is not an issue at all.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

I have to admit, this was on the short-list of "must haves" for my new vehicle and one of the reasons I ended up in an SRX. But living in Minnesota, a "cold" winter day is often well below 0F, and I don't drive with gloves on. I'm really looking forward to trying this out in another month or so!

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Heck I have been using the heated wheel a number of times already... I am getting really spoiled these days ... LOL

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Ohhh, man. That's good stuff. I'm very impressed how quickly it heats up the wheel without ever becoming uncomfortably warm.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

The heated steering wheel isn't an option I would have purchased. However it was included on our 2012 Premium package. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about the heated steering wheel as it is now one of my favorite options.
    Bill
    georule likes this.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    The heated steering wheel isn't an option I would have purchased. However it was included on our 2012 Premium package. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about the heated steering wheel as it is now one of my favorite options.
    Bill
    It's the kind of thing that you can't appreciate until you have it. Then you can't imagine not having it. I've had this since my 2004 X3 and love it.

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    It's the kind of thing that you can't appreciate until you have it. Then you can't imagine not having it. I've had this since my 2004 X3 and love it.
    My wife is completely jealous! She has remote start and heated seats in her Acadia, but *I* have a heated steering wheel, and she doesn't. :-)

Of course, she leaves for work before me, so I half expect to be left with her Acadia on the really cold days... we'll see!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

We've had a bunch of -5 and -8*C mornings already. I love this heated wheel!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat
    This is my first car with the heated wheel and it is great, Not even winter yet just cold enough to want it warmed up. I have issues with both front seats in terms of the heat. Both front seats only start to warm within 10 minutes of turning them on. In my ford explorer they were overly hot within five minutes is this normal in this car

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by shoeman View Post
    This is my first car with the heated wheel and it is great, Not even winter yet just cold enough to want it warmed up. I have issues with both front seats in terms of the heat. Both front seats only start to warm within 10 minutes of turning them on. In my ford explorer they were overly hot within five minutes is this normal in this car
    I am glad you are satisfied with your heated wheel feature, Mark. I am sorry your front seats do not warm up as quick as you would like. I would like the chance to look into this for you. Please contact me via private message so we can further discuss your current concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.