Weathertech front digital fit mats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Weathertech front digital fit mats in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone successfully clipped the driver side digital fit mats into the nubs that the oem mats attached to? I ...
    adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Weathertech front digital fit mats

Has anyone successfully clipped the driver side digital fit mats into the nubs that the oem mats attached to? I am pushing quite hard and have had no luck. Without it, the mat is constantly riding up under the pedals.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Re: Weathertech front digital fit mats

I have. Mine were difficult to get the two mount points to line up too. My guess is that Weathertech got the measurement slightly wrong.

I was able to get it correctly attached only by attaching the right mount point first and then reaching underneath the mat with one hand to tilt the post into position while pushing down on the mat with the other hand.

-Jeff

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

I was also able to fasten mine in the same manner as Jeff. Once attached it fits perfectly.

However, I am unable to remove the driver mat for cleaning. I have pried up on the mat, but stopped for fear of ripping the mounting post out of the carpet.

I talked with WeatherTech and after a long conversation was told Cadillac changed the mounting posts in 2013 and they do not have the measurements. The customer service person recorded my complaint and said they will send a new set once they have the updated measurements. She said the part number should be different for the 2013's when the mats are updated.

Meantime, I clean the driver mat without removing it. That is OK for a few more months, but I sure want to remove it for a good cleaning under the mat when the winter months are behind us.

I have a 2012 but I will still email Weathertech about the issue.

Going out now to try again.

Thanks all!

I just e-mailed WeatherTech as well. I'm curious to see how they will respond....

-Jeff

I feel like I got duped a little. I checked my order and was shipped the following part numbers: 463831-462782.
    I checked the Weathertech website and now see the following part numbers for a 2012 SRX: 443831-442782.

I ordered my mats on 1/11/13. Not happy right now.

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

I got both front, back and the cargo area fit perfectly. I slightly Q-tipped oil each insert for easy installation.

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base

I spread the mat's anchoring point slightly with a pair of needle nose pliers. Then they snapped right in.

Was able to get the mat snapped in. I had to beat it with the bottom of my hand. Still not sure the fit is 100%, hopefully it will mold in place better now that it is anchored. I am still going to inquire about the different part numbers being shown from just 3 weeks ago for my 2012.

kathykip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

I Just got my floor liners yesterday and am having a terrible time getting the posts on the drivers side to snap in. I'm going to try the ideas you all have given. The back mat and the passenger side are in and look great....now if I can just get that other one to snap down....

It's been three days, still waiting to hear back from WeatherTech.....

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
    It's been three days, still waiting to hear back from WeatherTech.....

-Jeff
    I've got crickets here, too. I thought Weathertech was known for its customer service.

floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

Weathertech is sending me replacement front mats. I'll return the ones that don't fit. The replacements should be here tomorrow and I hope they solve the problem. Weathertech also told me that Caddy changed the size of the posts on the floor. That doesn't wash with me because my vehicle is an early production 2012. I suspect the problem is Weathertech. With that said, I love the digital fit mats except they don't fit the posts.

witz5557 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 AWD Performance SRX
    Received my gray weather tech digital front inserts last week and had no problems installing. With the recent snow storm glad I had them versus the crappy carpet mats that Cadillac supplies. Nice fit and will save my gray carpet during the winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by witz5557 View Post
    Received my gray weather tech digital front inserts last week and had no problems installing. With the recent snow storm glad I had them versus the crappy carpet mats that Cadillac supplies. Nice fit and will save my gray carpet during the winter months.
    I would guess you got the proper part number. I got the old part number and had to basically hammer the mat onto the posts. I emailed Weathertech about the issue and have not gotten a response back. I'd like to get the proper part so I can clean these easily. One member could was having trouble getting the mat out since the fit was too tight.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.