Weathertech front digital fit mats - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Weathertech front digital fit mats in Cadillac SRX Forums; Weathertech sent me another set of mats to replace the ones that don't fit the posts. They came quickly but ...
    floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

Re: Weathertech front digital fit mats

Weathertech sent me another set of mats to replace the ones that don't fit the posts. They came quickly but they could have saved the postage. The new set is just like the last set and doesn't fit. What a company... I checked the hole diameter of the OEM mats with inside calipers and it is a little larger than the holes in the Weathertech mats. And both set of WT have the same diameter hole. I called them today and their answer was to return them. If the mats fit, I'd be happy but as is I'd say save your money. Some here have been able to force the mats on the posts. I even used a little lubricant and they will not clip on. Lousy customer service Weathertech.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

While I agree that the mats dont fit the posts right, I just thought I'd add for others considering, dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    I have had the 2011 version of the WT digital mats in my 2012 for over a year now. I tried to clip on to the posts, but gave up fairly quickly. Yeah, it was a pain to try and fail, but I was ok with it, especially considering I wanted the mats more than I wanted to wait for the 2012 models to come out.
    After all that tho, the mats are fantastic. They dont slip around, since they first in the footwell. I much rather have a great protector during the winter, etc than to toss them out because they wont latch.
    I'm not saying they are the best out there, I never tried anything else. All I can say to those looking is that if you can live with the small flaw of the clips, the mats generally stay in place very well and do a fantastic job.
    For those concerned, I can see no possible way the unsecured mats would interfere with foot controls. The mats will not move more than an inch if unsecured, and the sides of the mats extend very high up the sides of the footwell, so there's really no way it could get in the way. I'm sure the unsecured mats dont meet the 'legal' definition of safe, but theres nothing to worry about (if you are worried about lexus/toyota type problems).

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    I would find my wife's unclipped mat slid up the floor way more than an inch. I don't care if it "may" not interfere with the pedals. I want a guarantee. This is also not doing it's job to protect the carpet. Also, someone earlier had said they could not unclip the mat because it was too tight.

This is more than just a slight inconvenience. They need to get it right and give us the proper fit.

caddyshac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013
    I have a 2013 SRX. Does anyone have these problems with the 2013 model year? I just ordered a set and was concerned about driver's side fit.

Ok. I just got my set. I put petroleum jelly on holes. I stepped on it and it went right in. Both clips. Hope it comes out when time to clean car.

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

In response to Huey Drivers comment "I can see no possible way the unsecured mats would interfere with foot controls" I could not disgree more and feel compelled to warn everyone that is reading this thread that driving an SRX with the WeatherTech Digital Mats unsecured is doing so with no regard for the safety of the vehicle occupants or others on the same road or any other drivers of the same vehicle. I was driving one snowy winter night with my Digital Mats unsecured because I could not get them over the posts with the same thought that they cannot move because of their contour. Well, they scared the h... out of me when I extended my foot for the accelerator after disengaging the cruise control and felt something spongy on top of the accelerator. The edge of the mat on the console side of the footwell buckled completely over the accelerator. The first thought that crossed my mind was uncontrolled acceleration of my three week old SRX into who knows what at who knows what speed.

It was nearly midnight when I got home, but I took the time that very night to force the mats over the posts and was genuinely releived then the first "snapped" into place. I was then able to reach under with my fingertips and move the mat around to snap the second in place. Since that time I have tried to remove the mats unsuccessfully, but will gladly clean the mats in place with a spray cleaner and wipe them out with an old towel.

I am hopeful WeatherTech will step up to being the qualilty company we expect and build mats that can be easily snapped in and out of our SRX's.

Huey, if I offended you by disagreeing, I apologize but at the same time am thankful that if you heed the warning you will be alive to respond to my comments.

Has anyone attempted to remove the driver's side? Seems pretty tight and scared to ripoff carpet.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

I'm not offended, but I do believe that saying it demonstrates "no regard for safety" is a little over the top.

I've attached a picture here to show what I mean. I have the pedals all the way back, and based on the way I sit, drive, etc, there just isnt a way this is going to surprise me, and if anything happened, I'd expect I'd handle it just as calmly as you did.

As shown, the firewall area of the mat extends well up the foot well. I cant see how that would in any way work itself in front of the pedals. As you describe, I can see the side buckling, but my mats are so hard that they just dont move around any. Like I said, maybe its the way I position my feet. But I feel confident that based on how snugly they fit, especially how I have to bend them around just to remove, I'll be able to deal with any interference.

I guess what I would point out tho, is that while WT has a responsibility to provide their product as advertised, I dont think they owe it to us to do anything. If they dont offer a refund or fix, thats different. But if the mats dont work for you as desired, they offer the refund and you get to take your business elsewhere. No one is forcing anyone to buy the product. If they say it works in their testing, you exercise your right to choose.

I also point out that the main point was that I was using the 2011 MY mats in a 2012 MY car. I didnt expect them to fit exactly, I wasnt disappointed. There are a couple minor places (ie, under the hood release lever) where fit wasnt 'laser accurate'. Taking everything into account, I wanted maximum protection and was willing to live with the minor inconveniences of the mat sliding around a little in exchange for having the mats immediately (vs waiting an undetermined amount of time for product development). I just measured and from pushed all the way to the front, the mat slides less than an inch. It does not move at all side to side.

But my carpets are totally protected, and thats what I was after...

IMG_20130213_172032.jpg

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Here is the email I received:

"Thank you for contacting MacNeil Automotive. The liners for the SRX are currently being redesigned. We have found that Cadillac puts the snaps in a few different places on the floor, so we are redoing the liners to accommodate the various positions. I can provide you with a prepaid FedEx return label and you can return them for a refund. The new should be available in about 8 weeks.

To answer your other question, the 46 just means gray. The 44 is printed on all the liners and means black."

Looks like they are still trying to figure out what is wrong. I don't know what she means about the posts being in different spots. Has anyone had a problem with this? My 2012 is lined up properly, just won't snap easily.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps

"Thank you for contacting MacNeil Automotive. The liners for the SRX are currently being redesigned. We have found that Cadillac puts the snaps in a few different places on the floor, so we are redoing the liners to accommodate the various positions. I can provide you with a prepaid FedEx return label and you can return them for a refund. The new should be available in about 8 weeks.

To answer your other question, the 46 just means gray. The 44 is printed on all the liners and means black."

Looks like they are still trying to figure out what is wrong. I don't know what she means about the posts being in different spots. Has anyone had a problem with this? My 2012 is lined up properly, just won't snap easily.
    Same here. Mine lines up perfectly but need to step on clip for it to attach. To remove I used a long flathead screwdriver and pryed it off.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I have a 2010 with the Digital Fit mats and have never had a problem.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post

"We have found that Cadillac puts the snaps in a few different places on the floor, so we are redoing the liners to accommodate the various positions."
    I bet the there is only one version of the OEM mats. Weathertech is just doing the two step shuffle to explain the problem. They supposedly sent me the corrected version as replacements to the first order. They are exactly like the first set. I think they make a good looking mat but the way they are handling this issue is doing serious damage to company's reputation.

Here is the email I got from weathertech.:

" I understand they are a little tight, however, the plastic will get easier
    over time, after a couple times being pressed on. If they are being
    absolutely impossible you could perhaps sand a small amount off the
    post. We make them tight so that they will not fall off and cause a
    safety issue."

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Still no reply from WeatherTech. Can't say that I'm impressed with this company.

-Jeff

hambone8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium

I purchased these a couple of months ago for a 2013 srx. I pretty much had to hammer down the driver side mat with my fist to get it to attach to the post. When both were attached I pulled it up to see how easy they would come off. The carpet was coming up with them. I was a little worried about the aftermath of removing them and putting back in the shitty OEM mats. I figured I would cross that bridge in the spring. I just noticed yesterday that the passenger side mat is no longer attached and one of them on the driver is not attached. Based on the info here I'm not going to hammer it back down. Not real happy reading about this...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.