Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Hatch Gone Haywire in Cadillac SRX Forums; I found a bulletin, PI0636, that relates to this. It's only listed for 2010-2011s, but it appears that later models ...
- 05-29-13 11:08 PM #16Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
Re: Hatch Gone Haywire
I found a bulletin, PI0636, that relates to this. It's only listed for 2010-2011s, but it appears that later models may have the same issue. It instructs the dealer, before replacing the liftgate switch, to first check with the customer to see if it has happened without the doors locked. Otherwise, it could be just an inadvertent button press on the fob.
When this happened to ours, this factor was irrelevant because the exterior switch was completely dead. While waiting for the part, however, it did decide to open while we were moving. They therefore pulled the fuse until the part came in, as I described above.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Lucas Oil Products - Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner
Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner - 5.25 Oz.
- Mechanix Wear Original - Original Multicam Glove
Original Multicam Glove - Original Series Glove Medium Multicam
- Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA - Halogen Bulb
Halogen Bulb - 9006 SilverStar ULTRA Headlight Bulb, 2 pack