XM Subscription
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, XM Subscription in Cadillac SRX Forums; It's time to make a decision on XM as as my 3 month trial is over next week. What's the ...
    BriggZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS, LUXw/Nav & Sun Roof, RWD; 2012 SRX Performance FWD

XM Subscription

It's time to make a decision on XM as as my 3 month trial is over next week. What's the best rate everyone is getting? Want to add a second vehicle, any multi car discounts? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: XM Subscription

If you call and threaten to cancel, you can probably get it for arond $95. Did that in December for my HHR. I am reaching the end of the three months on our 13 SRX, and will have to call again and hassle with them. 888-539-7474 is the direct line to the cancellation department, or at least that is what I have written down. Hope this helps.

ATC
    ATC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Enclave, C6 Corvette

I just threatened to cancel because I am selling my car within the next 6 months and they wanted $90 for 6 months. When I said "cancel", they gave me 6 months for $45.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

After my 3 months were up XM wanted to put me *Edit* on a one year contract at the rate of $165.00 + taxes. Of course I stated that I wanted to cancel. I told them I wasn't keeping my SRX for more than 6 mths and didn't need a year contract. I also told them that I could just use my Pandora app. That is when they started to offer me a better rate. I also told them I wanted to keep the weather info too. *I found that I really enjoy viewing the great new "live" Doppler radar feature that comes with the weather on the CUE especially with all the bad weather coming in and out during our winter season.

The cost quickly came down from $165.00 a year to approx. $89 for a year but again I told them I was going to either trade or sell my SRX in ... so they offered me another special package for around $49 for 6 months. However, all of a sudden they offered me another package with weather for only $39.95 for just 5 months. I agreed and took that package!

Don't ask me how they figure out their packages... seems to me the prices changes with each different scenario.

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

XM is like Tivo; they are getting squeezed by newer technologies and packages from other sources. They try to sell at "list", but they'll do literally anything to stave off a cancellation.

jack vines

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    XM is like Tivo; they are getting squeezed by newer technologies and packages from other sources. They try to sell at "list", but they'll do literally anything to stave off a cancellation.

jack vines
    What newer TiVo technology are you referring to? I would love to get rid of yet another annual fee with my TiVo.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375

What newer TiVo technology are you referring to? I would love to get rid of yet another annual fee with my TiVo.
    I have a TiVo series 2 that I purchased a lifetime subscription for. I'm not sure but it's worth checking to see if you can find 1 of these. There is at least 1 place that sells modified units, and you may be able to skip the monthly fee. It's been a while since I've looked at this site, but there's alot of good info here. http://www.digitalrecorder.com

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

Can they remotely update your POI for your Nav? I just got 2010SRX Nav replaced by the dealer, the POI's are off

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I just squeezed them for a 6 month promo that was under $40. It was some email people got, I just said I got the email and they gave it to me. Now, in 6 months, I might be in trouble but it got me by for the mean time. I think XM is overpriced but I do really enjoy it so I'm not willing to give it up.

erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

Thanks for the update. I want to cancel XM when it expires at the end of March. I don't want any automatic bills to come for something I'm not using. I use Pandora primarily.

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

How did they put you on a "standard contract" after your three months trial period? How did they get your CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Grasso View Post
    How did they put you on a "standard contract" after your three months trial period? How did they get your CC?
    Sorry Mike, I miss spoke I should have stated that XM wanted me to enroll for one year after my trial period had ended on my CC at the rate of $165.00 + $10.00 in taxes. Which would then be automatically renewed and charged to my cc at the end of one year.

XM is a total ripoff. I have MOG (MOG.com) and I pay $9.99/month for it and the things I can do with it are amazing. So what that I need to plug in my cell phone to Aux-In. It's worth it to stream at 320 kbps anything my heart desires. XM repeats the same old crap over and over again. It's worse than a commercial radio station. What a racket they have going! I need to start my own business if people will pay for this kind of crap.

WOW ... Steve calm down a little bit there buddy ... Whew

IMO: XM is not worse than AM or FM, for heavens sake their commercials are almost non-stop . Yes, I like XM and Pandora too the price is way less than your $9.99 a month too. One of the best features I like with XM is their new "live" Doppler radar on their weather link. I also like that it gives you traffic reports i.e. accidents and road work ahead etc. You might not think it is worth the money but many of us do like XM!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    WOW ... Steve simmer down a little bit my friend. IMO: XM is not worse than AM or FM for heavens sake their commercials are almost non stop . I like XM and my Pandora too. The best part of XM is their new "live" Doppler radar on their weather link. I also like that it gives you traffic reports i.e. accidents and road work ahead etc. You might not think it is worth the money but many of us do like XM!
    Mark,

I don't pay for all those XM "extras" like Doppler radar. My smartphone gives it to me for free as well as the traffic reports, etc... Buy yourself a Samsung Galaxy Note II and you'll see what I mean. By the way, I'm not "simmering". I just state it all upfront like I see it. I see no need to sugar coat anything on here. We're all adults.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.