SRX Performance tuning
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By BNRacing
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Performance tuning in Cadillac SRX Forums; I haven't seen much interest here in tuning the ECM/TCM on the SRX, but I want to let you guys ...
    BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

SRX Performance tuning

I haven't seen much interest here in tuning the ECM/TCM on the SRX, but I want to let you guys that are interested know that we are a Trifecta performance dealer and we sell the tunes and cables for less than direct pricing. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have about tuning!
    Chicago SRX and Chicago SRX like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

doug goldberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: SRX Performance tuning

Do you have measured HP and torque curves with / without. I assume you need to buy the cable to flash the tune? Can the cable be used to also read OBD-2 error codes etc? Is the tune compatible with the improved throttle body. Does the tune require premium fuel?

Thanks.

mfdoc911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Do you have a product for the 3.0 liter in the 2011's

ricksutliffe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Performance AWD, 2014 CTS Performance Coupe AWD

Price, specs, availability for 2012 3.6L

Glad there is some interest!

We also include TCM tuning at no extra cost. It will hold gears longer and shift firmer. Throttle response is improved as well, we can eliminate the "dead spot" most of the 3.6s experience.

Pricing on the tune is $300 and the cable is $150. $450 total shipped to your door. You also get free retunes for life so if you throw on an intake or exhaust, well adjust the tune for free.

Here are some dyno results-

This is for the LF1 3.0 engine-

This is for the LLT (2008-2011 3.6 V6)-

This is for the LFX (2012+ 3.6 V6)-

Quote Originally Posted by doug goldberg View Post
    Do you have measured HP and torque curves with / without. I assume you need to buy the cable to flash the tune? Can the cable be used to also read OBD-2 error codes etc? Is the tune compatible with the improved throttle body. Does the tune require premium fuel?

Thanks.
    We do not require premium fuel on the 3.6 tunes. Yes the cable can also clear OBD2 CELs. The tune is compatible with the ported throttle bodies- it's a custom tune. You flash the tune, data log the car, send us the log you recorded, we send you back an updated tune if needed.

doug goldberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Neat! I like the idea of "custom" tunes. How do the TCM updates work with the eco/sport modes? Is the shifting changed in all modes?

We should be able to make it shift like stock in D and shift harder and at different points in M

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    We do not require premium fuel on the 3.6 tunes. Yes the cable can also clear OBD2 CELs. The tune is compatible with the ported throttle bodies- it's a custom tune. You flash the tune, data log the car, send us the log you recorded, we send you back an updated tune if needed.
    Do you have a map for premium fuel and is there any gains to be had? I would run premium if i can get and extra 10-15whp. Can i backup the original tune with the cable and i assume software that you are providing ?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by miamictsv View Post
    Do you have a map for premium fuel and is there any gains to be had? I would run premium if i can get and extra 10-15whp. Can i backup the original tune with the cable and i assume software that you are providing ?
    Thank you
    The map we have is made for premium fuel but the knock sensors are so sensitive and calibrated in such a way that if you run 87 octane it will "detune" the timing curve. But yes if you run premium it will make the full 20 or so whp. We include the stock tune with every purchase, and you do have the ability to use our software to take a backup of it if you wanted to make your own rather than trust ours

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    The map we have is made for premium fuel but the knock sensors are so sensitive and calibrated in such a way that if you run 87 octane it will "detune" the timing curve. But yes if you run premium it will make the full 20 or so whp. We include the stock tune with every purchase, and you do have the ability to use our software to take a backup of it if you wanted to make your own rather than trust ours
    Thank you, one last thing i want to ask. Have you done E85 tune yet ? What will be the gains over the gas tune ? Thank you

We have done E85 on the LLT and LFX in the Camaro, gains are around 10HP on E85 vs 93 tune. It's not really worth it to run E85 on the 3.6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.