Performance chip
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Performance chip in Cadillac SRX Forums; Purchased a new 2012 SRX a year ago and just started reading this forum. Saw an ad for a chip ...
    eldoherb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Performance chip

Purchased a new 2012 SRX a year ago and just started reading this forum. Saw an ad for a chip that will enhance the performance and mileage on our SRX. Has anyone installed this chip ($69.00) and gotten any benefit? Herb

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: Performance chip

stay very far away! checkout 'ripoffreport' about the company...
    IMO, the 3.6 doesnt need to be chipped. I wont make that determination for you tho.
    Actually, I think someone will speak up that you CANT chip the SRX because the computer is protected. All that $69 thing does is fake out the airflow values, I think.

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base

The only performance Tuning for the SRX is Trifecta Tuning. About 18 Hp and 20 Tq at the wheels. A bit more on the 3.0. More aggresive shifting in Sports Mode too, if you so desire. I'll be Tuning mine once the snow is gone!

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Save your money

eldoherb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

O.K. then. I thought so. The old saying - If it sounds to good to be true,It isn't true. Thanks,Herb

e004698 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4

Can't wait to hear about your results. Do you know anyone else who has tried it? Approx. cost? I tried checking their website but I didn't have permission to continue so I want to know a little more before I get "permission'. thanks in advance for your reply.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Those chips are a joke, they are just resistors or boxes that modify the data coming from the sensors before it gets to the ECM (jetchips is an example of this). You do NOT want the ECM being told it's 10*F outside when the actual air temp is 90*F, you'll have major problems, maybe even blow an engine.

You need a real tune that actually modifies the code inside the ECM, which is what we do.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Remember, GM can spend a billion dollars trying to add 1mpg to a car platform. If just $69 would have done the same thing, I think they would have already put it into the car and saved the billion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.