SRX fwd in snow
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX fwd in snow in Cadillac SRX Forums; Live in Michigan. Bought a 2011 SRX fwd last fall. Michelin Latitudes on car now. This car is TERRIBLE in ...
    Sparty6174 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

SRX fwd in snow

Live in Michigan. Bought a 2011 SRX fwd last fall. Michelin Latitudes on car now. This car is TERRIBLE in the snow! Worse fwd I had ever owned. Any suggestions? I really can't drive this another winter!
    srx4m&m likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: SRX fwd in snow

I live in WNY area near Bufflao, NY which was at one time called the Snow Blizzard Capital of the US. LOL I have owned 3 FWD SRXs and found them all to be very good in the snow. Would AWD be better in the snow, yes of course. Overal, I would say I am very pleased with the performance of my SRX in the snow.

cannon1017 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX 2012 CTS

I have got to agree with you. I had a 2008 SRX AWD and it was excellent in the snow. My 2012 SRX FWD is horrible, Had my first experience today and was defenitely not impressed.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Also had a 2008 SRX AWD excellent in the snow. My 2010 FWD with 20" tires is sub par. I am almost down to the wear bars 37,000 miles.
    Getting new Michliens next week should help. I found if you put the tranmission in manual and bump it up to 2nd or 3rd you can take off with better traction. Nobody said what size tires they have I would think the 18" would be better.

cannon1017 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX 2012 CTS

I did the same thing with the transmission. I switched to Sports Mode and did a lot of down shifting to stop and start.

Morenho is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The only problem with that type of thinking is that "major traction problem" could result in an accident ! Actually, I think the snows are most important for the stopping because I tend to drive a bit too fast !

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base

With snow tires, mine is a tank.

I can't understand why people don't use snow tires in the winter...

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by themacguy View Post
    With snow tires, mine is a tank.

I can't understand why people don't use snow tires in the winter...
    They don't make snow tires in my size 20" tires, Any way if it snows that much I'll stay home. My next SRX will be AWD .

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    My 2012 is my first AWD car ... I'm in Ottawa Ontario and have quite a lot of snow here (and way too cold also.. and I have been amazed on how the car perform in heavy snow.....impossible to make the wheels spin on a start (well almost!) .I was debating over spending the extra $$$ for AWD...I have no regret now....I never tried the FWD but I have read mixed reviews ... Some people like ...some don't.....it is true good snow tires makes a difference....and knew I wanted to stick with 18inch for that reason...

quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

You bought a Cadillac. Pony up the extra cash for the SRX4. Here in Chicago I laugh at the vehicles that did not opt for the 4 wheel drive feature.

There is no difference between 43K and 46K.

tmw
    tmw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hmm...2012 FWD SRX with goodyear ice snow tires...and it's been wonderful in 6 inch snow so far I have now complaints. Even drove it off the road in 6+ inches a couple of weeks ago and I didn't get stuck. So it isn't that bad...but Im very happy with these particular tires.

Although my other vehicle is a 2WD F150 so that in the snow is my more recent comparison...

Softail is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx, eldorado

Sparty, Be glad you saved the money and didn't buy the AWD. The wife's 2012 AWD SRX sucks in the snow. She bitched a few times about how bad it was in the snow and I didn't believe her until I tried it in the snow. I hate to agree with her, but it is disappointingly awful. Truthfully, I can't believe it's as bad as it is, there has to be something wrong. We need to take it back to the dealer to verify the AWD, maybe there's computer issue or maybe they forgot to install the AWD. The kids Honda CRV AWDs will go anywhere in the snow, a day/night difference to the SRX.

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Softail
    Sparty, Be glad you saved the money and didn't buy the AWD. The wife's 2012 AWD SRX sucks in the snow. She bitched a few times about how bad it was in the snow and I didn't believe her until I tried it in the snow. I hate to agree with her, but it is disappointingly awful. Truthfully, I can't believe it's as bad as it is, there has to be something wrong. We need to take it back to the dealer to verify the AWD, maybe there's computer issue or maybe they forgot to install the AWD. The kids Honda CRV AWDs will go anywhere in the snow, a day/night difference to the SRX.

Seriously?

We have had quite a good amount of snow here in Ottawa and I strongly disagree ... The SRX has been amazing....best car I have ever owned for winter driving....good winter tires make a difference but even with the original all seasons tire I was amazed how the car drives in the snow....

Softail is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx, eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by DTurmel View Post
    Seriously?

We have had quite a good amount of snow here in Ottawa and I strongly disagree ... The SRX has been amazing....best car I have ever owned for winter driving....good winter tires make a difference but even with the original all seasons tire I was amazed how the car drives in the snow....

I'm serious about how bad our SRX is in the snow, but I believe you DTurmel. If yours is so good, why is ours so bad. There must be something wrong w/ the AWD.

quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    I'm serious about how bad our SRX is in the snow, but I believe you DTurmel. If yours is so good, why is ours so bad. There must be something wrong w/ the AWD.
    I traded in a 4Runner because my wife's was so good in the snow. Now I have one too. I have to say it is amazing. Had a few inches last night and drove like a champ.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.