2012 Cadillac SRX Engine Fail!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 Cadillac SRX Engine Fail! in Cadillac SRX Forums; So I previously posted on here a couple months ago about my SRX having auxillary ipod issues and well about ...
    pltnmsldr05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX

2012 Cadillac SRX Engine Fail!

So I previously posted on here a couple months ago about my SRX having auxillary ipod issues and well about a week ago my SRX suddenly died on me in the middle of the road. I turned off the vehicle and restarted it and it would not go above 20 MPH. I drive it to the dealer and tell them what happened, its been in the shop for over a week now and they still cant figure what the problem is. This is the 1st american car that I ever owned and im TRULY dissapointed, I honestly wish I never bought it now. Has anyone had this problem? Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wiperman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 gold mist SRX Performance

Re: 2012 Cadillac SRX Engine Fail!

I'm sure not having your car is an inconvenience, but I hope the dealer at least gave you a loaner. My own 2012 Performance has been pretty trouble-free in the first 20K miles. We had to have the front strut mounts replaced, and still have a persistent rattle coming from the area around the tailgate. BUT, I have owned 67 vehicles so far, and have had at least one each of a Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Acura, Audi, Saab, Mitsubishi, VW, Jaguar, Ford, Mercury, Chrysler, Dodge, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevrolet, Rambler, and Studebaker. What I know is that they ALL can have problems no matter how much they cost, or where they came from. In fact, the most trouble-free of all of mine so far has been a 2000 Cadillac Catera. The most troublesome, a 2002 Lexus RX300.

I sincerely hope your dealer gets your fixed quickly for you, and I'll be eager to hear what the problem turned out to be.

phunter1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

I have not had a singe issue with my 2012 Luxury, so far, which is one of the few vehicles, foreign or domestic, that I have owned, that I can say that about. Whether that will continue, I don't know, but for now, I'm completely satisfied with my SRX and would buy another one.
    There are things I don't care for about the vehicle, such as the lack of HID lights, but they are not problems.

Don't blame you for feeling the way you do, though.

Phil

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Pltnmsldr05, I apologize for your frustrations and would be happy to work with your dealer on your behalf. Please let me know if you would like me to contact your dealership regarding your vehicle's status at any point; I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.