Interesting keyless start article - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Interesting keyless start article in Cadillac SRX Forums; the FOB will not need reprogramming when the battery is removed ... if you leave the battery out it might, ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Interesting keyless start article

the FOB will not need reprogramming when the battery is removed ... if you leave the battery out it might, but i've never tested that... i've always put a new battery in or the old battery back in
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

There was a block on Wisconsin Avenue just south of the Washington, DC line that would render remotes temporary inoperative. This was 12 years ago and no big deal because this was before push button start. There was a TV station in that block with 3 large towers and we assumed this was the cause. I suspect the manual key and the console spot would get you going. I always use remotes and this is the only place that rendered the remotes temporarily inop.

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Ive tried this with all of my passive detect vehicles to include a 2013 SRX a 2012 Buick Reagal and a 2012 CTS-V. Pull the battery out of your FOB. Put the FOB in the correct place in your console (check your manual for your car's specifics) and the car will start just the same. You should have no worries about this.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

going back to the original topic, I'd be interested to know how todays cars do with security. I doubt that its all that easy to electronically steal todays keyless entry systems. Even garage door openers have had rolling codes for years. I cant find for sure, but I thought our keyfobs were bluetooth enabled, so one would have to be pretty smart to figure out the digital coding. And there's probably something that disables a brute force attack. We're not just talking the old days where a certain radio frequency worked. Even my old S-10 Blazer (early 90s) had PASS-2 digital keying...

swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

The SRX has always seemed to be very succeptible to interference from uninsulated wiring for closed circuit cameras. The Video store across the street from the dealership installed security cameras and screwed up all the SRXs. One of my customer's installed cameras at his business, and had the same problem. Insulated wires dont create any issues, and installing the fob in the console cradle always let the car start, but still can be very scary and frustrating when the car wont start.

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

My daughter is in the Navy and stationed in San Diego and from what I understand that the electronics on the ships can reek havoc at times on the fobs for cars. When you rent a car in San Diego there are signs that state this. Don't know if this also include keyless start or not but I wouldn't be surprised. She has a new Camaro and I haven't heard anything about a problem with this but I'm sure i would be the first to hear something if there was a problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.