13 srx subwoofer - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 13 srx subwoofer in Cadillac SRX Forums; Our Bose system sounds okay but I didn't know they had a sub? We have the rear headrest Blu-ray screens ...
  1. #16
    hdrolling's Avatar
    hdrolling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Our Bose system sounds okay but I didn't know they had a sub? We have the rear headrest Blu-ray screens that pop up in the rear and NAV so I would assume we have the upgraded sound system. I have adjusted everything to try to get a little more bass but just sounds like normal speaker small bass. Our last car (Acura MDX) defiantly had a small sub and sounded great, My GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW has a little to much bass but that's because the factory sub is in the center console between the driver and passenger. I'll have to go back and see if I can locate the sub, anyone have an idea where it is located in the rear ie what side?

  2. #17
    phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    137

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Here a link to a thread on speaker location. The 8" sub is in floor just behind the back seat.

    Phil

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-speakers.html

  3. #18
    dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    74

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Related (but not quite the same) question .... Above the front doors, there appears to be a speaker grill behind the "oh sh!t" handle.

    Any idea what that is? Is it part of the active noise cancellation system? I have a '13 Lux non-Nav (so only the 8-speaker system.)

    photo.JPG

  4. #19
    hdrolling's Avatar
    hdrolling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
    Related (but not quite the same) question .... Above the front doors, there appears to be a speaker grill behind the "oh sh!t" handle.

    Any idea what that is? Is it part of the active noise cancellation system? I have a '13 Lux non-Nav (so only the 8-speaker system.)

    Attachment 145378
    I believe that is the thermometer for the auto air/heat?

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phunter1 View Post
    Here a link to a thread on speaker location. The 8" sub is in floor just behind the back seat.

    Phil

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-speakers.html
    Okay, just went to verify that we have it and its there. Just not very loud compared to the rest of the speakers, not that we need a bass machine but is doesn't sound like its more than a 6" sub if that. Might have to test the connections, maybe they have the polarity wrong?
    Thanks for the link!

  5. #20
    phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    137

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Have you got the bass turned up on the equalizer in your head unit? I turned the bass all the way up in my equalizer and it made a huge difference. Actually sounds pretty good for a stock factory set up. Of course mine is a 2012, not a 2013 ,so I don't have the CUE system.


    Phil

  6. #21
    rpottsl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    ok, I know nothing technical about electronics. I'm assuming since I have an AWD premium mine has the 10 speaker 5.1 but it sucks! There's no distortion, but it definitely isn't going to make me go deaf or give me a back massage with pounding base. Is there something wrong with it, would i get an error code if there were? I've never thought to address it at the dealership or listened to one in another of the same model...

  7. #22
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,282

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Quote Originally Posted by rpottsl View Post
    ok, I know nothing technical about electronics. I'm assuming since I have an AWD premium mine has the 10 speaker 5.1 but it sucks! There's no distortion, but it definitely isn't going to make me go deaf or give me a back massage with pounding base. Is there something wrong with it, would i get an error code if there were? I've never thought to address it at the dealership or listened to one in another of the same model...
    Hello rpottsl,

    I am sorry that you are unsatisfied with the sound coming from your speakers. I would be more than happy to set up an appointment for you with a dealership to see if they are operating correctly. Please private message me if you would like to further discuss your concern. I can also check to see if you have the 10 speaker 5.1 if you were to provide me with your VIN. Thank you very much for your time.

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  8. #23
    NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    940

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    I can't say whether there is something wrong with the speakers in your vehicle.

    I am guessing there isn't.

    I just don't think, bass wise, the stereo system in the Cadillac is any good. Hence, the reason why I went out and bought a larger subwoofer.

  9. #24
    pissedoffwookiee's Avatar
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    as an audio enthusiast (not quite audiophile....I don't have the golden ears that can hear the difference between lamp cord and thousand dollar speaker wire) I concur the sub in the SRX 10 speaker surround is a bit lacking, since this is my wife's car it'll do but my ATS surround system is much better. Bose is a favorite whipping boy of a lot of people, they've been an incredible force in audio and deserve their status as a premium brand. that said they do deserve a lot of the criticism they receive because they have leveraged their name to push overpriced and overly limited products on unsuspecting buyers, and they certainly could do better in cars, I'd rate them a B-. that grade is a little frustrating considering they have the best mini Bluetooth speaker (better than jam box) fantastic noise canceling headphones, and having owned a pair of 901's great classic speakers. I suspect cadillac is locked into bose because of the noise canceling they're putting into the cars..

    as an FYI I base my view of the audio of these systems from my home system 60" panny plasma (calibrated), ps3 (reference quality cd, DVD, blue-ray, USB playback) Sony ES av receiver (calibrated) and Martin Logan speakers and sub...... and in comparison the ATS and SRX Bose systems exhibit a weakness in the midbass the ATS is just a little weak, but the SRX bottoms out on the midbass and distorts slightly, what's weird is they then wake up again as the notes get lower into true bass. this leads me to believe the handoff from mids to lows is the problem maybe the way they are crossed over.

  10. #25
    dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    74

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    I don't blame the Bose system, necessarily, but the particular setup in the SRX is a bit underwhelming.

    My wife's '08 GMC Acadia also has a Bose sound system, and it is SIGNIFICANTLY better. Very rich, full sound. I enjoy it much more. Granted, the Acadia also has a bunch more cabin room to create some better acoustics.

  11. #26
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    249
    The '13 10 speaker is not 5.1. It is Centerpoint Surround, which takes 2.0 stereo and coverts to faux 5.1. Don't blame the Bose speakers, it's the amp that is sub-par, along with the Bose software. The Bose 5.1 in my '12 CTS premium was much better. However, the Acura ELS systems are superior to Bose.

  12. #27
    pissedoffwookiee's Avatar
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    The '13 10 speaker is not 5.1. It is Centerpoint Surround, which takes 2.0 stereo and coverts to faux 5.1. Don't blame the Bose speakers, it's the amp that is sub-par, along with the Bose software. The Bose 5.1 in my '12 CTS premium was much better. However, the Acura ELS systems are superior to Bose.
    i don't know what '13 SRX you have but my '13 SRX has a 5th(5.X) channel on the dash and subwoofer (X.1) which qualifies it as a 5.1 system in my book. you are correct when you say the Bose processor can simulate surround, but if given a surround source (rear entertainment dvd, dvd-a in pre-CUE SRX) you have true surround sound.

  13. #28
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    249

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    i don't know what '13 SRX you have but my '13 SRX has a 5th(5.X) channel on the dash and subwoofer (X.1) which qualifies it as a 5.1 system in my book. you are correct when you say the Bose processor can simulate surround, but if given a surround source (rear entertainment dvd, dvd-a in pre-CUE SRX) you have true surround sound.
    I think I know what you are saying, but having a center speaker does not mean it's a 5.1 system. The Monsoon systems in my Pontiacs had a center speaker, but they were all stereo only. No RES for me in my SRX, so I can't speak if they process discrete 5.1 or not. All I know my system will not play DVD-A discs, or DTS, but will play Surround Sound CDs, albeit faux 5.1. I have demo discs for all three formats. The system will play Surround Sound CDs and will reproduce left, right and center, but will not process the surround sound from the rear speakers. The DVD-A and DTS discs simply try to read and then the system ejects the discs.

  14. #29
    pissedoffwookiee's Avatar
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Native CD audio is stereo only, you can get around this by not using the native lossless cd codec and switching to AC3 or DTS. But now you need a player that can decode those codecs and peel off the discreet channels that were crammed into 2 I don't have that info but if you have surround cd's that is not SACD or DVD-A then they're most likely using an alternate codec and it sounds like CUE is not able to decide it properly it is possible that the Bose processor saw something and created the front separation

  15. #30
    hdrolling's Avatar
    hdrolling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46

    Re: 13 srx subwoofer

    Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    I think I know what you are saying, but having a center speaker does not mean it's a 5.1 system. The Monsoon systems in my Pontiacs had a center speaker, but they were all stereo only. No RES for me in my SRX, so I can't speak if they process discrete 5.1 or not. All I know my system will not play DVD-A discs, or DTS, but will play Surround Sound CDs, albeit faux 5.1. I have demo discs for all three formats. The system will play Surround Sound CDs and will reproduce left, right and center, but will not process the surround sound from the rear speakers. The DVD-A and DTS discs simply try to read and then the system ejects the discs.
    So when my kids watch movies in the rear blue-ray players built into the seats and I hear the surround coming over the speakers that's not 5.1 surround? If not it sounds pretty good to me, except the weak sub woofer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting