2012 SRX are DVD rear headrests available & how do they work?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 SRX are DVD rear headrests available & how do they work? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello, just signed up and my first post (hopefully of many!). I am in the process of buying a used ...
    chadurban is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

2012 SRX are DVD rear headrests available & how do they work?

Hello, just signed up and my first post (hopefully of many!).

I am in the process of buying a used 2012 SRX. Has all the options I want except no rear DVD on the headrests. Does anyone know if these can be ordered from Cadillac and be installed to work the same as if the car came with them factory installed? The reason I don't want an aftermarket set is because I want to be able to control what is playing in the back from the front. Is this how the setup would normally work from factory? I understand while your moving you can't view in the front which is fine, but would start it before starting the car or while in park. I have 2 young kids and just want to be able to start their movie without having to crawl in the back seat or use a remote with an aftermarket set. If anyone knows or has the entertainment package please let me know what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: 2012 SRX are DVD rear headrests available & how do they work?

I have the RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) package and it is all controlled through the head unit up front. The rear seat gets some buttons to change sources and volumes, and a remote for main control.
    The after factory install you talk about in the headrests is not controlled by the head unit up front, nor can it be. I am unsure if they link together or are completely separate units either...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I have it in my 2010 and I can't imagine that it's something easily installed, it's built into the seat backs, linked into the head unit.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Welcome to the forum, chadurban! I recommend checking in with your Cadillac dealership if you have any questions regarding this type of potential installation. And I would also be happy to contact your dealer for you at any point! Please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the factory style DVD Headrest system is only available as a factory installed option. There are aftermarket solutions, but they usually go for around $1500 for just the kit (ie: labor not included)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

look for a 2012 with the dual dvds my grandkids love it! you can listen to music in the front while they watch movies in the back with the wireless headphones on

chadurban is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX
    Thanks for all the info, going to have to find an aftermarket set I guess. Something with a decent remote as I am getting tired of having to reach back or stand outside in the cold with the back door open, setting up the movie for my daughter (some of those DVD menu intros are long!). My current cheapo unit just doesn't cut it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.