A lot of questions - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: What would you buy

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • The 2012 FWD luxury SRX

3 18.75%
  • The 2013 FWD luxury SRX

8 50.00%
  • Something else entirely

5 31.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, A lot of questions in Cadillac SRX Forums; All I can tell you is the 13 seats are better. They look the same, but for me they are ...
    Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: A lot of questions

All I can tell you is the 13 seats are better. They look the same, but for me they are so much better. I am 6"2" 255lbs, so that might be a factor also. The 10 I never liked the seats, griped to the wife from day one they were not comfortable to me and a hundred miles in them was torture. We were 5 minutes into the test drive on the 13 and I told my wife the seats were better. She didn't notice it then, but on the 80 mile drive home she also commented on the seats. We took it on a 350 mile trip to our vacation home, and I had no problems riding in it that far. Previously in the 10 we would have been stopping much more often.
    As for CUE, all we do is play the radio, use the bluetooth and navigation, and all that has worked fine for me. If you are a techno geek then maybe it isn't good enough, but you can't please everybody. Also, even though we don't use it to it's potential, it sure looks cool, and the backup camera comes on immediately. The 10 there was considerable lag time for the screen to come up and the camera to come on. Once when backing out of a parking space a car ran right up behind me. The screen wasn't up yet, but I was saved by the rear parking sensors. I personally really like the fact you don't have a screen sticking up from the dash.

9-5lover is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by erdoc48 View Post
    The question remains for you: new with CUE or saving quite a bit of money (even if the seats are a bit different in the 2013)?
    If I go with the SRX, it will be the 2012--to me the changes aren't worth the $6-7K difference between the purchase price of the two vehicles. I just need a couple more drives in it and the Volvo before I make my decision.

e004698 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4

Thanks, Ponyman.
    I am making an appointment with my dealer on Wed to check out SRX seats and also the ATS.

----------

I bet the 3.6 makes a nice improvement, too!

erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

ATS is a real nice car- a little snug in the back seat, and no real discounts to speak of since it's new.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by e004698 View Post
    Thanks, Ponyman.
    I am making an appointment with my dealer on Wed to check out SRX seats and also the ATS.

----------

One point to consider is the ease of entry and exit with both vehicles. The SRX is by far the easiest getting in and out of because it is a slightly higher vehicle.

Yes the 3.6L engine will make a huge difference with 308 HP along with some great torque especially throughout the lower RPM range!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by e004698 View Post
    Thanks, Ponyman.

----------

E004698, please let me know if you would like me to step in on your behalf at any point and follow up with your dealer. I'm happy to investigate your vehicle questions further as well, so please feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance! I'm happy to help where I can.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.