Ice Inside The Windshield
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Ice Inside The Windshield in Cadillac SRX Forums; I came to car after work tonight to find the inside of the windshield covered in a thin layer of ...
    300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Ice Inside The Windshield

I came to car after work tonight to find the inside of the windshield covered in a thin layer of ice. There was no frost on any of the exterior windows. It seemed odd to me to have this happen, and I can't remember this happening on any other car. Is this just something that happens, or is there an underlying problem?
    Also I'm wondering about the auto setting on the climate control. I had it on auto, and pressed the front def button. It still showed auto and front defrost on the display. Adjusting the blower speed takes it out of auto. I thought auto meant all aspects are controlled by the system. Can someone explain how this works?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Re: Ice Inside The Windshield

Moisture on the inside of the window causes it, not unheard of on other vehicles by any means.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Get in the car repeatadly with snow on your shoes. It melts and soaks up the carpet. The car cools off, the moisture condenses on the windshield, and it freezes into ice. It helps to leave the windows open if you park in a heated garage.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Also, the HVAC has three controls. Auto (button) takes over auto for all three, fan, temp, and direction. You can override any control into manual by pushing the appropriate button, and the other two settings will stay on auto until overridden manually or everything is set back to auto with the main Auto button.
    (so you could have fan speed and direction in manual and temp still in auto)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain
    Also, the HVAC has three controls. Auto (button) takes over auto for all three, fan, temp, and direction. You can override any control into manual by pushing the appropriate button, and the other two settings will stay on auto until overridden manually or everything is set back to auto with the main Auto button.
    (so you could have fan speed and direction in manual and temp still in auto)
    Thanks Captain.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.