DIC "Low Battery in Remote" Message
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By garytexasdelta
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, DIC "Low Battery in Remote" Message in Cadillac SRX Forums; Since I'm probably one of a few people on here whose car is old enough for this to happen, I ...
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

DIC "Low Battery in Remote" Message

Since I'm probably one of a few people on here whose car is old enough for this to happen, I thought I'd post this. Got this message on the DIC today after 3 years and two months of ownership. If you have passive entry, I'd assume that puts more drain on the remote's battery. Since I was already out, I decided to pick up a new battery at Walmart. It's a CR2032 lithium button. While exiting the store, I decided to test the range with the weak battery still installed. The remote start worked from at least 200 feet (line of sight). Opening the remote was a little tricky. You have to remove the key, then "gently" pry the two halves apart. The plastic feels very brittle. I felt like it was about to crack at any second. Luckily, it didn't. I didn't have to reprogram the remote afterwards.

So for those wondering, your car will warn you when the remote battery is weak. Secondly, when you get that warning, it still has sufficient power to operate all functions.

Sube

1358482766-picsay.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Re: DIC "Low Battery in Remote" Message

Good info to know. I'm about there too I suppose.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I should be traded in by that time... although I swapped my one fob out for the other about a year ago. Just because the range dropped on it. (battery level) I use one as a backup and keep one with me.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

e004698 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4

Not to contradict anyone but I had the problem in less than 3 years (intermittent: car not responding to the remote) and did not recieve the low battery warning in the DIC. Took to dealer, they replaced battery and sent me home for the other fob to replace battery in that one, too, all no charge. Most times the remote worked just fine and as I had never had to replace one on any of my other fobs before, was not suspecting the battery.

garytexasdelta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '03 CTS Luxsport, '10 SRX Prem

Cool Re: DIC "Low Battery in Remote" Message

cad fob 1.JPGcad fob 2.JPGcad fob 3.JPGcad fob 4.JPGcad fob 5.JPG Looked and looked.....didn't see these posted anywhere else, so..... remove the key, use a trusty pocket knife to get a slight opening starting at the now exposed edge, use a med slot screwdriver to slide right to left to widen the gap... do both sides (note you can't stick a small screwdriver in the slot revealed by key removal and twist because they overlap, pic 3), and replace the button cell. then, align the two halves, careful because the little board is just sitting there and snap the two halves back together. Ju$t be gentle
    Jake2010 and Jake2010 like this.

TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium - Gold Mist

Replaced mine last month as the range dropped off considerably. No warning from the DIC.

Black SRX Perf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Perform, Black Raven, Shale/Ebony, 20" Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Since I'm probably one of a few people on here whose car is old enough for this to happen, I thought I'd post this. Got this message on the DIC today after 3 years and two months of ownership. If you have passive entry, I'd assume that puts more drain on the remote's battery. Since I was already out, I decided to pick up a new battery at Walmart. It's a CR2032 lithium button. While exiting the store, I decided to test the range with the weak battery still installed. The remote start worked from at least 200 feet (line of sight). Opening the remote was a little tricky. You have to remove the key, then "gently" pry the two halves apart. The plastic feels very brittle. I felt like it was about to crack at any second. Luckily, it didn't. I didn't have to reprogram the remote afterwards.

So for those wondering, your car will warn you when the remote battery is weak. Secondly, when you get that warning, it still has sufficient power to operate all functions.

Sube

Attachment 102609
    Replaced mine a few months ago. I had been wondering how I would know when it was time. It lasted 3 years and 3 months. The owner's manual says to pry apart using the key. It felt like the key was going to break off so I used a small screwdriver instead. I replaced the battery in both fobs.

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Mine showed up a couple weeks ago briefly and hasn't returned, but I am sure the warning was an indication that it is getting low.

Since we bought in September of 2009, I am sure we are about there as well.

embassy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04CTS, 07STS,10 SRX,Now 13 SRX Premium and 13 ATS Premium

Bought mine in July of 2010 and just had the warning show up a few days ago myself. Tried searching the forum but never got this thread. Battery replaced and I had the same fears of the fob breaking on me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.