Key Fob - Seat Memory 'Link'?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Key Fob - Seat Memory 'Link'? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2013 SRX. Does a specific key fob have a(ny) association with one of the seat memory choices ...
    JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Key Fob - Seat Memory 'Link'?

I have a 2013 SRX. Does a specific key fob have a(ny) association with one of the seat memory choices (1 or 2)? If there is, how does one tell which key fob is associated with which seat memory? (my fobs do not have a digit on them as I have had in other vehicles)

-tnx,

Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Re: Key Fob - Seat Memory 'Link'?

no. seat memory (buttons on the side of the seat) are different that remotes. The remotes just go back to whatever position seats were in when that remote left the car. so, you basically have 4 seat positions; 2 buttons and 2 remotes.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

JWLaRue, feel free to send me an email if you have any further SRX questions! I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and happy to investigate where I can.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Ahhh...understood. So I just set the seat(s) and as long as I use the same fob I'm good.

-tnx,

Jeff

hwilliams555 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Is this feature on the 2010 SRX also

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Yes.

caddyshac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013

I also have same problem. Whichever remote I use the seat goes back to memory 1. Can't get to program seat 2 with remote 2. 2013 SRX.

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

These cars are different when it comes to the memory settings. As Huey Driver said, the car will remember all of the various settings for that particular remote when the car is shut off. It will do that for each remote and is totally independent of the memory buttons on the seat. You actually have 4 different memory settings, 2 for the buttons located on the seat and one each for each remote.

How can I get my wife's key fob to remember her settings and my key fob to remember mine. Now, no matter
    Which key fob I use it will always go to memory 1.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

There is no correlation with the FOBs and the Memory 1 and 2 on the seat. They are totally independent. To set your FOB, get in the car, set the seat positions then exit the car with the FOB making sure to close the door. Do the same for the other FOB. The Memory 1 and 2 can be set by positioning the seat and holding down the Mem button and pressing 1 or 2 at the same time. You will hear a chime indicating it's set.

What I do is Set Memory 1 then exit the car with my FOB. That has Memory 1 and the FOB at the same settings.

Every time my wife uses her key fob, she needs to adjust her seat, mirror. But my key fob seems to remember or go to position one. Is their something I missed.
    Thanks

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    When I bought my 2012, I was not able to make the fob remember seat / mirror position....until I tried the other one and then the first one started working...don't know what the problem was

Does the automatic memory recall on cue personalization menu be "on when driver door open" or off.

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.