2010 SRX HDD/NAV problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX HDD/NAV problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; Greeting all, This is my first Cadillac. If these are the norm, I am a bit disappointed. 1. can't access ...
    Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

Unhappy 2010 SRX HDD/NAV problems

Greeting all,
    This is my first Cadillac. If these are the norm, I am a bit disappointed.

1. can't access HDD. It's like hdd doesn't exist can't cycle through with "CD/AUX/HDD" button
    2. "info" button could not download info at all even after 30 min waiting
    3. Nav defaults to Washington DC, won't save new address always revert back to previous owner's addresses even though I deleted 3x
    4. POI's are out-dated
    5. did not come with a map/disc
    I emailed Katie @gmexpert this morning for help
    anyone with tips please help thanks
    Tan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Re: 2010 SRX HDD/NAV problems

Here's something you may find of interest. There are several threads covering this topic.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-location.html

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Many early Nav systems required replacement. I don't know if there was a recall. See the dealer, they will probably replace your unit.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Tan, thank you for emailing me! I will be replying to your message shortly after I investigate potentially open recalls on your SRX, and I'm so sorry to hear about your frustrations.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thank you Katie. I am getting lots of grief from the family for not staying with Toyotas and Hondas.

JD76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Lux FWD

My 2010 lease is up and as much as I love the car. im getting another make & model - just because of the navi issue. My dealership made me go on a run around with no solution to the problem. One rep actually tried to get me to purchase a navigation disc even though it doesnt require a disc (he thought otherwise)... once I spoke to someone else, they said theres a backorder for getting the update added to my vehicle... Poor customer service - enough to have me walk away.

Mine was easily remedied with a software update, and has work perfectly since then. I think it's like a lottery on the software taking, or complete replacement of the unit.

Here's a copy and paste of the original letter from GM on the fix. I believe the software update I got was U415c

#PIT4998B: Clock Concerns - Inaccurate GPS Location - Unwanted
    Radio Performance After An Ignition Cycle - (Jul 27, 2010)

Subject: Clock Concerns, Inaccurate GPS location, Unwanted Radio Performance After An Ignition Cycle

Models: 2010 Buick Lacrosse
    2010 Cadillac SRX
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox
    2010 GMC Terrain
    With UYS navigation radio

This PI was superseded to add keywords and change subject line. Please discard PIT4998A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Some customers may complain of any of the following concerns related to the clock. This information applies to the UYS
    navigation radio.

1. The clock may reset to 12:00.
    2. The clock is inaccurate.
    3. Unable to adjust the hour and/or minutes on the clock.
    4. Location resets to Washington DC every ignition cycle (corrected once GPS signal is received).
    5. Last audio source is lost after ignition cycle - Defaults back to FM preset for example user was listening to CD.
    Turned off vehicle and waited 10 minutes. Turned on vehicle and now FM is playing.
    6. "I agree" screen is displayed every ignition cycle.

These can be caused by an internal failure in the radio.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Replace the radio to fix this concern.

Please follow the latest version of PIT4911 for instructions on ordering the UYS Navigation radio.
    Record the following information: Radio PN, Application Version, and Database Version.
    This information can be accessed by selecting the "Nav" tab at the top of the radio screen. Scroll down and select "Map
    Database Information".
    (Example: Application Version U2D2 Database Version V 20.08.16)
    Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved
    without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Ufgators View Post
    Thank you Katie. I am getting lots of grief from the family for not staying with Toyotas and Hondas.
    I'm getting lots of grief from myself for not staying with a foreign car (Infiniti comes to mind). I have only 20K miles on my 2010 SRX and it has had so many tech problems that I dare not let it get out of warranty without replacing it with a car that isn't so needy with repairs.

At least I bought American when the economy was well in the toilet. Now it's time to go back to reliability.

http://www.infinitiusa.com/all-new-q50/gallery/

I'm not griping, but simply stating the facts.

JD76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Lux FWD

Im with you.. Im giving in my 2010 tomorrow and swapping for a BMW... Their customer service is top notch

Customer service is top notch. Yearly maintenance cost are outrageous. I have no idea what BMW chokes out of an owner for annual maintenance, MB on the other hand has an A and B service that can range from $400 - $900 annually. After years of driving MB, don't miss that at all.

GGMiv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dude
    Customer service is top notch. Yearly maintenance cost are outrageous. I have no idea what BMW chokes out of an owner for annual maintenance, MB on the other hand has an A and B service that can range from $400 - $900 annually. After years of driving MB, don't miss that at all.
    I had a 2003 Mercedes which had the "free" maintenance. Then the 2008 didn't. Two expensive A services and one B service later, I now appreciate the included maintenance with my 2011 SRX.

The SRX got the software update yesterday, but did not fix the problems. I have to bring the car back this afternoon so the Tech can read the code to order a replacement unit. The Val Ward Cadillac rep. Cheryl is very helpful in resolving this problem. THanks Cheryl. There are lots of people with this problem was there a recall? On the safercar.gov there are only 3 recalls for the 2010 SRX and the Nav/radio was not one of them. How do you know if the recalls has been repaired on your vehicle if you bought it used?

gary2381 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

I have a 2010 SRX Premium and I have had the radio replaced four times. The most recent occasion the dealer said that GM told them to go with a 2011 radio. I haven't had any issues since then but there are features on the 2010 radio that I liked that the new one doesn't have. I expect with all of the trouble that you are having that you will need a newer radio as well.

dcc8203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V-Wagon on order

My wife had her radio replace in the 2012 model we bought in June 2012. Her car was down for a few days and the dealership gave her a '13 SRX to drive, so the experience was painless.

Not a safety issue so I don't think there is any reason for a recall.

If you want to talk about reliability problems we can discuss my friend's Honday Odyssey, which has spent more of its life in the shop than on the road.

Had the Nav replaced by the dealer yesterday (2hours) It works great now. Washington DC is not the default anymore.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.