2010 Exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 Exhaust in Cadillac SRX Forums; Looked under my 2010 Pemium today and noticed that the exhaust pipe going from the manifold to the muffler is ...
    TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium - Gold Mist

2010 Exhaust

Looked under my 2010 Pemium today and noticed that the exhaust pipe going from the manifold to the muffler is rusted. Does anyone know if the Stainless Exhaust should appear rusty on the outside? Dealer claims this is normal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: 2010 Exhaust

I would say it is normal. Take a pic of you can and post it for further analysis.

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Mine looks like it was rusting and there was a puddle of black water underneath the car as well but not sure what is going on, any suggestions?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Where underneath the car, kanundrum?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

TRARON, I'm sorry to hear you've been concerned about your exhaust. I just wanted to hop on this thread quickly to let you know I'm happy to contact your dealer at any point in the process to follow up on concerns for you. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Kanundrum, is your dealer aware of the black water? Please don't hesitate to email me if you would like any assistance working with your dealer as well!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Where underneath the car, kanundrum?
    right where the muffler is

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    TRARON, I'm sorry to hear you've been concerned about your exhaust. I just wanted to hop on this thread quickly to let you know I'm happy to contact your dealer at any point in the process to follow up on concerns for you. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Kanundrum, is your dealer aware of the black water? Please don't hesitate to email me if you would like any assistance working with your dealer as well!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Not yet I will let them know

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I know the soot from the engine exhaust gets on the chrome surrounds for the tips, and when it gets wet (rain or snow) and sits, it washes some of the soot off into black puddles on the floor. That's all I've ever seen and its two puddles right where the tips are.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

its just condensation in the muffler combining with carbon in there and draining out the holes in the muffler. there's lots of water vapor in exhaust and sometimes it doesnt pass through if things dont warm up enough. There are small holes in the muffler to allow it to drain out. Normal condition.

Thanks Huey, that Is what I thought! Darn no excuse for a 3" turbo back exhaust now

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

I just look under my 2010 SRX at the muffler where the two tail pipe exit, there is a tiny hole with trail of black residue come out of it. I'll take some picture this afternoon and load them tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ufgators View Post
    I just look under my 2010 SRX at the muffler where the two tail pipe exit, there is a tiny hole with trail of black residue come out of it. I'll take some picture this afternoon and load them tomorrow
    This is normal according to the post above

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.