Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Passenger Side Door Sill Plate Light

14K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  TheCaptain 
#1 · (Edited)
On my 2012 SRX upon opening the front passenger side door the sill plate light of the Cadillac logo does not illuminate. I think it should and it does on a 2013 loaner that I borrowed. The dealer says that they think on the 2012's that it isn't suppose to light. I think that is garbage and that they just don't want to repair it.

2012 SRX owners, I would appreciate it if, the next time you are near your car, you would open the front passenger side door to see if your door sill plate lights up.

Thanks very much!

Since posting this thread and reading the much appreciated replies, I can report the passenger side door sill plate logo light does not go on even in the dark.

#7 ·
Nemosr, if you don't mind sending me an email with the last eight of your VIN, I can check my resources for any insight or confirmation! Email me anytime at Katie_Lucile@gmexpert.com, and I would be happy to investigate.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service
Katie, twice I have attempted to send you emails with the last eight of my Vin and both times the emails were returned with "NO SUCH ADDRESS" messages. What should I try next? Thanks, Nemosr

#12 ·
I just checked my SRX's passenger door at 4:50 PM today and the Cadillac in the sill plate was illuminated, although you couldn't easily see it I had to put my hand over the top of it to see that indeed it was on... BTW: the driver's door was closed and yes the car was also off.

#13 ·
I just noticed a similar thing on my 2012 SRX and after finding this thread did a bit of testing.

With the car in the garage:

Driver's side always comes on when the door is opened.

It seems that the Passenger side comes on depending on how much light is hitting the light sensor in the car (maybe the driver's side too as this wasn't exactly a scientific test).
The Garage has no windows, but with the large Garage door open there was enough light getting to the sensor to stop the passenger sill plate from lighting. However, after closing the garage door, the passenger sill plate lit up.

I have a 2012 Premium Trim SRX in case trim level matters (I don't think it does).

I hope this helps,

nemosr, any official word on the way it should work?

#17 ·
Yes it should light up.
FYI the Collections go as follows:
Base -> Luxury -> (2010 has a Luxury/Performance before Performance) Performance -> Premium (2010 had a Premium Performance as well - 2.8T)

#18 ·
I was curious after reading the above, so I experimented with my 2012 Luxury last night and this morning. The passenger-side sillplate light does NOT come on when only the passenger door is opened, regardless of the amount of external light. Both sill plate lights come on when the driver-side front door is opened. If the driver door is opened first, then closed, the interior lights remain on during the delay period. If you open the pasenger door, the sill plate light is on....but, of course, the other interior lights are still on as well.

G
#19 ·
I was curious after reading the above, so I experimented with my 2012 Luxury last night and this morning. The passenger-side sillplate light does NOT come on when only the passenger door is opened, regardless of the amount of external light. Both sill plate lights come on when the driver-side front door is opened. If the driver door is opened first, then closed, the interior lights remain on during the delay period. If you open the pasenger door, the sill plate light is on....but, of course, the other interior lights are still on as wel

Same results as your 2010 Premium

#22 ·
Ok, my old '10, the Passenger side doesn't illuminate unless the driver's side has already opened; my '13 illuminates the passenger side upon door opening.

#24 ·
You have to find out what is damaged or non functioning in order to replace it. Which will take some electrical testing done at the source (sill plate). Maybe the door sensor isn't operating, or maybe you just need to change out the sill plate light?

#26 ·
If someone has a drawing (Rippy? :D) It's most likely push/pull clips. Everything is these days. Just have to find out what direction to pull (most likely straight up).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.