Our new 2012 SRX, AWD, Performance Collection SUV
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Our new 2012 SRX, AWD, Performance Collection SUV in Cadillac SRX Forums; I returned home last night with our new 2012 SRX AWD, Performance Collection SUV. The vehicle is for my wife ...
    hiznhrz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Blk/Blk SRX Performance Collection

Our new 2012 SRX, AWD, Performance Collection SUV

I returned home last night with our new 2012 SRX AWD, Performance Collection SUV. The vehicle is for my wife and replaces our fully loaded 2003 full size Lincoln Navigator. We'll miss the Navigator. It was a big comfortable and safe vehicle to drive daily and to take on long trips. We will NOT miss the 10 MPG in the city and 14 MPG on the highway. To look at the SRX it appears to be a peanut size SUV next to the Navigator. The SRX, however, drives big! I don't mean this in a negative way. The SRX has a ton of passenger cabin space and drives like a large, stable, and very quiet and comfortable SUV on the road. I set the cruise control for 55 MPH on the drive home. I was amazed with the 26 MPG the SRX delivered driving up and down the hills of Pennsylvania and Maryland. There are a lot of functional bells and whistles to learn but I think I'm going to really like this little SUV. The one most inspiring take away after last nights 200 mile drive was how well built the SRX seems to be put together. I am very pleased with the fit and finish of everything I was able to look at yesterday. Yes we have a global economy today but I feel fortunate and proud to drive such a well made AMERICAN designed and assembled product.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Our new 2012 SRX, AWD, Performance Collection SUV

Would you care to share how much you were able to negotiate off sticker? I am getting ready to look at a 2012 tomorrow and their offer so far seems OK but I feel can be better. I also realize the dealer needs to make some money but they need to liquidate the 2012 models.

Congrats on the vehicle!

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    I bought my 2012 in November and can tell you I will never buy another vehicle other than during last quarter of the year....(my wife did the same 2 years ago with a different brand) .... And in both cases the discounts were breath taking....got roughly $12k off the MSRP for luxury package AWD.

The only down side with that approach is that you are stuck with what they have left in inventory...I was lucky I got what I was looking for, package, options and colors....

I am looking at a 2012 Performance fwd. They are at about $9,000 off sticker, so it seems there is more savings to be had. Also, I guess I need 20 posts to send PM's so forgive my onslaught of posts here.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Our experience going from a 2010 with the 3.0 to a 2013 with the 3.6 is that the ggas mileage has remained the same, or even slightly better. Guess the 3.0 was having to work too hard to get better mileage, even though it was smaller displacement.

hiznhrz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Blk/Blk SRX Performance Collection

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Would you care to share how much you were able to negotiate off sticker? I am getting ready to look at a 2012 tomorrow and their offer so far seems OK but I feel can be better. I also realize the dealer needs to make some money but they need to liquidate the 2012 models.

Congrats on the vehicle!
    adamjeeps, the 2012 SRX Luxury, Performance, and Premium packages seems to move very well so while the dealers work with you they are not desperate. Our MSRP rounded up to $49K and the dealer discount was $8K and change. The dealer also gave us close to $2K more on our trade than anyone else. When you add up the all the "puts and takes" we probably got $10K off.

For what it's worth, I don't shop for the absolute best price. I was more interested in dealing with someone who would not waste my time. I bought from Marc Gagliardi at Kelly Cadillac in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He returned every phone call within hours and made me feel like he was working for me when he dealt with his managers who approve offers. It's nice to deal with a car saleman who is a true professional. From start to finish, they were about the best car dealer I've ever worked with.

Thanks for the info. I do not want nor plan to go in and demand a ridiculous deal, just looking for a ballpark feel of where I should be on price.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

new 2012 premium awd msrp 53,405 paid 44,242

floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

I wish I'd read these prices before I purchased my 2012. I used the GM Supplier Discount which was about 2K off MSRP and the 4K Bonus Dollars for a 2012. That's the last time I'll ever think the GM Supplier Discount is a good deal.

erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

I just bought (12/30) a 2012 Performance version with compact spare, all weather floor mats, mudguards, and in Platinum Ice (additional $995). It was a demo with 5800 miles on it, and it lists for $46850 or so (front wheel drive). We paid $38,355 prior to tax and registration. It winds up being $8500 or so off list, so I'm pretty satisfied. We bought our CTS from the same sales person 7 years ago.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

edit

xxxxxxxrcv8@hotmail.com is offline Guest
    Automobile(s): 2008 crx
    Great purchase but is not a suv is a crossover which is better

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

What do you want rcv8? Sportiness and fuel economy (crossover) or tow/haul cargo capacity (SUV)?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hiznhrz, thank you for posting your reaction to the SRX! And congratulations on your purchase! I'm going to document your feedback where the appropriate GM teams can view it, and don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you ever have questions on your new ride.

Adamjeeps, I'm just an email away if you have any questions while you shop for your next vehicle!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Katie, we purchased a new 2012 SRX yesterday. Was very pleased with Colonial Auto in Charlottesville.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.