Nav Defaults to Washington DC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav Defaults to Washington DC in Cadillac SRX Forums; After searching this forum, I see that 2010 models had the problem where the Navigation System would default to Washington ...
    floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

Nav Defaults to Washington DC

After searching this forum, I see that 2010 models had the problem where the Navigation System would default to Washington D.C. I have a 2012, and today I attempted to enter a destination, but first I had to agree to some legal declaration, then it had me in Washington, D.C. so I had to change it back to Florida. I guess it's not only 2010 models with this problem. I saw that folks that had this problem also had an issue with the clock. I need to check that and see if that is also an issue. It seems the fix was a firmware update.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Nav Defaults to Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy View Post
    After searching this forum, I see that 2010 models had the problem where the Navigation System would default to Washington D.C. I have a 2012, and today I attempted to enter a destination, but first I had to agree to some legal declaration, then it had me in Washington, D.C. so I had to change it back to Florida. I guess it's not only 2010 models with this problem. I saw that folks that had this problem also had an issue with the clock. I need to check that and see if that is also an issue. It seems the fix was a firmware update.
    In some cases it's a firmware fix. I had to have my Nav/Radio unit replaced twice to have the problem fixed! It looks like after 3 years GM still has not squashed these bugs. Amazing! Head on over to the CUE forum and you will find that they have simply swapped one set of problems for another.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Actually after having our 2013 for almost two months, CUE is working very well. At least the features of it that we use.

I checked the clock this morning and it has the correct time. I also tried to enter a destination in the NAV system and all appeared normal. I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully it won't happen again.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

I checked the clock this morning and it has the correct time. I also tried to enter a destination in the NAV system and all appeared normal. I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully it won't happen again.
    I hate to disappoint you, but if the Nav default thing happened just once, it will continue to happen until you get the firmware update. I may be sporadic, but it will continue to happen. You may never have the clock issue along with the Nav problem. I wouldn't make a specific service visit for just this. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Get the update the next time you're in for something else.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    I hate to disappoint you, but if the Nav default thing happened just once, it will continue to happen until you get the firmware update. I may be sporadic, but it will continue to happen. You may never have the clock issue along with the Nav problem. I wouldn't make a specific service visit for just this. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Get the update the next time you're in for something else.
    Sube
    Thanks Sube, It's on my list of things to do.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks Sube, It's on my list of things to do.
    Floridaguy, I just wanted to let you know I'm here to help if you would like any assistance working with your dealer. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can contact them on your behalf to schedule an appointment or follow up on concerns for you!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Katie.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.