Happy with Dealer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Happy with Dealer in Cadillac SRX Forums; I took our 2012 SRX4 Premium to Thompson MacConnell Cadillac, Cincinnati, Ohio today for a 12K miles service. They changed ...
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Happy with Dealer

I took our 2012 SRX4 Premium to Thompson MacConnell Cadillac, Cincinnati, Ohio today for a 12K miles service. They changed the oil and filter serviced all the fluids, rotated the tires and washed her so she looked like new. Total time was a little over an hour which I spend looking at the new 2013's and playing with the new toys and models. Best thing about the visit was the bill marked No Charge! I know I paid upfront for the service but it' still nice to see N/C on the invoice and to be treated as good after the sale as before the sale. In my opinion Thompson MacConnell isn't the only Cadillac dealer but they are the best.
    Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Happy with Dealer

It is super to hear that you felt you were treated so great after the sale! Yes, it is a nice feeling to get all that service work done too.

Hopefully you will get treated the same when it comes time for you to trade in again.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    They changed the oil and filter serviced all the fluids, rotated the tires and washed her so she looked like new.
    Bill, glad you had a positive experience. You may want to go to www.dealerrater.com and write a positive review. I'm sure others will benefit from your comments.

A word of advice on tire rotation. You may want to check that they reset the tire pressure monitor sensors. This needs to be done whenever tires are rotated. Otherwise, what's showing as the front tire is really the rear and vice versa. It's commonly overlooked by some service techs. To do this, start your engine and let it run during this entire process. Next, check your tire pressure display in the DIC (little blue screen). Then, let a small amount (1 PSI) of air out of one of the tires. Check the display again to be sure the change is reflected in the correct tire. To add the air you just removed back to the tire, you can simply use a bicycle floor pump if you have one handy. No need to drag out the air compressor. A bike pump will do it in only a few pumps. If the TPMS does need to be reset, your owner's manual covers instructions on how to accomplish this.

http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/Ohio/Cadillac/

Sube

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

Whenever my dealer rotates the tires, they do something to each tire that causes the SRX to honk. Is that when they are resetting the system?

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by carbeck View Post
    Whenever my dealer rotates the tires, they do something to each tire that causes the SRX to honk. Is that when they are resetting the system?
    Yes they are reprograming the system

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Paid4c4, thank you for sharing your positive experience! I hope you've been finding the forum replies helpful so far, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like me to officially document your positive dealer feedback. I'm just an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.