Box of Firsts - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree23Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Box of Firsts in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by inspectorudy ... and I as well as all of us on this cite just contributed over $50 ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Box of Firsts

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    ... and I as well as all of us on this cite just contributed over $50 BILLION to GM that we will NEVER get back and if I want to offer them advice on how to build a better car or spend their/our money then I feel I have the right to do so. As moderators I would expect you to keep things civil and not become advocates for either side in a discussion on this forum.
    Your first incorrect statement is related to the 50 Billion that we (the taxpayers) "contributed" to GM and that we will "NEVER" get back is unquestionably wrong! It was a "Bridge Loan" not a "Bail Out" and the Government (taxpayers) owns stock in GM which by-the-way has marketable value and will eventually be cashed out sometime in the future!

Secondly, the TheCaptain was calling you out for your behavior. Moderators, Super Moderators and Administrators on any website have the right to express the last word. If you feel that you were wrongfully called out and or mistreated you must PM one of the site's Administrators and or owner of the site to ask for an explanation. "Free speech" is not a given "right" or "guarantee" that is why there are site rules of conduct that every member agrees to when they sign up. A member can post "anything" they want to say except; when they start to bash, berate or insult any of the regular members and or in this case any of the site's Moderator(s).

Ponyman and Ponyman like this.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

As usual Marc you are wrong. GM was GIVEN $50 BILLION dollars in exchange for GM new stock after the stock holders and bond holders were screwed out of their holdings. The stock was issued at a strike price more than double what the first half of GM stock that the US gov. held was sold for. That means that we, the tax payer, have already lost over $26 BILLION dollars on the first sale. We, the tax payers, still own the other half and GM is pressing for the gov. to sell it at the below 50% of the strike price. That will equal about $26 BILLION more of permanent loss for the tax payers. The bridge loan that you are referring to was paid off from other money that the US gov GAVE GM. Plus Obama allowed GM to NOT pay any federal income corporate taxes for years to come. How do you think that makes Ford feel? As for your stupid "Free speech" rant please show me where I insulted or bashed anyone on this forum that didn't insult me first. I referred to the "Gift" box that some of the owners of the SRX got and called it stupid for a company that just exited bankruptcy to be wasting money on. At NO time did refer to anyone on this forum by name or inference. I enjoy this forum but there are about five or six people who think that only praise is acceptable concerning GM or the SRX. That's fine but try not to make it personal when you disagree.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Wow and all I wanted to know is if anybody else had recieved the box. The stuff was kind of cheesy and an IPad would have been SO much better, but then again they didn't have to do ANYTHING!! Take it for what it is a small expression of Cadillac's appreciation.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy
    The only people that "Jump" on me are the same ones over and over. Just like they are the same ones that jump on anyone else who has a complaint or suggestion. Is this site a cheerleading site for GM or an owner's site to discuss problems and issues with other owners? If I wanted a cheerleading site I would pick up a GM brochure! It is also revealing that when Jimmyh told me to get laid it was meant to be funny but when I suggested he take his box of firsts to a cat house I was being rude. I think I see the trend here, Go GM or No GM then go.
    You just don't get it. And you never will.

If you hate GM so much you are in the wrong place. You are just being a troll then and should accept that folks here don't like you.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

You are right that I don't get it but then I have always been a little different. If I have offended any of you I apologize and hope to continue to offer my opinions and suggestions on this site.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I hope you do continue to contribute and offer your opinions. Everyone is welcome here. Just keep in mind that no one here wants to keep hearing over and over how much someone dislikes GM and their policies.

People who come here to solve a problem with their Cadillac, look for an answer, may or may not find it, and they leave. Those who stay are typically people who are passionate about their Cadillacs. They really don't want to see anti-GM or anti-Cadillac sentiment. They certainly don't want to see it over and over from the same person. Imagine something you own, that you really enjoy, that you are so happy you purchased. Now imagine someone telling you what a piece of crap it is and that you were wrong to buy it, and that the manufacturer of it should be crucified. I don't think you would like that at all.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Wow and all I wanted to know is if anybody else had recieved the box. The stuff was kind of cheesy and an IPad would have been SO much better, but then again they didn't have to do ANYTHING!! Take it for what it is a small expression of Cadillac's appreciation.
    I didn't get "the box" but as for taking it for what it is, well, in reality "it" is a marketing gimmick to get you all warm and fuzzy so you'll want to buy another vehicle from them.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I'm hoping to buy my first Caddy tomorrow and could care less about a box of firsts. They should have used that money to illuminate the cup holders!

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

And there's a problem with them making an effort to make you feel " warm and fuzzy" to buy another car from them. Seems pretty smart if it works. A large return for a minimal investment if you do buy another vehicle.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    I'm hoping to buy my first Caddy tomorrow and could care less about a box of firsts. They should have used that money to illuminate the cup holders!
    Would a supplier discount help? Or are you all set?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    Would a supplier discount help? Or are you all set?
    Thank you Jim. I have not negotiated with the dealer yet, but I have received a quote. I was actually trying to PM you about that. I would think it would not hurt to have the supplier discount. You probably know a lot more about that than I. It is a 2012 fwd Performance with a couple small options.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.