Box of Firsts - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Box of Firsts in Cadillac SRX Forums; Marc you are very talented to be able to see me sneer and I was not offering to barter something ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Box of Firsts

Marc you are very talented to be able to see me sneer and I was not offering to barter something I never received. I was inferring that the money they wasted on a box of junk would be better spent on offering "Free" nav upgrades to those of us who have the nav systems. BTW, I can suggest any damn thing I feel like suggesting and it is none of your business. And if you think that calling something a "Gift" makes it free for GM then you have never run a business. That is money that could be better spent tending to the customers that need tending to. I am very happy for you and I hope you use the little scope and the other items that you couldn't sell at a garage sale. Put it up on your mantel and tell your friends that you have a friend at GM that sent you a free gift.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

I guess you told him, now didn't ya.
    allgm, allgm, Marc NY and 1 others like this.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

WOW Some one needs a chill pill. Just a suggestion ....

Kennyj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy
    Marc you are very talented to be able to see me sneer and I was not offering to barter something I never received. I was inferring that the money they wasted on a box of junk would be better spent on offering "Free" nav upgrades to those of us who have the nav systems. BTW, I can suggest any damn thing I feel like suggesting and it is none of your business. And if you think that calling something a "Gift" makes it free for GM then you have never run a business. That is money that could be better spent tending to the customers that need tending to. I am very happy for you and I hope you use the little scope and the other items that you couldn't sell at a garage sale. Put it up on your mantel and tell your friends that you have a friend at GM that sent you a free gift.
    I sure hope you feel better after that rant
    allgm, allgm, Marc NY and 1 others like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    You really need to get a hobby. Or laid maybe. Or something.
    allgm, allgm, Ponyman and 1 others like this.

Jimmy maybe you should take your own advice. I made a simple suggestion based on my knowledge of the First junk sent out by GM. This cost a lot of money and it isn't very usable stuff. Maybe if you took your box from GM to the local cat house you might be able to get laid. Why am I the bad guy when I was suggesting something that would benefit ALL of us instead of a few with stuff that isn't useful? Do all of you, Marc, Jimmy and Kenny work for GM?

No I do not in fact I have purchased Mercedes, BMW's and Porches exclusively until I bought my Wife a 2009 CTS. She liked the car so much we purchased a 2012 SRX.
    Ponyman, Ponyman, Marc NY and 1 others like this.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Why am I the bad guy when I was suggesting something that would benefit ALL of us instead of a few with stuff that isn't useful?
    Geeze, I don't know why..................

BTW, I can suggest any damn thing I feel like suggesting and it is none of your business.
    allgm, allgm, TheCaptain and 5 others like this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

There's a way of doing it tactfully, inspector; and then there is just plain rude.

For most people, a gift is the thought that counts. Your kids never gave you crappy pictures to hang on your fridge and you can't even decipher what they drew? Did you cut them them down and say they should at least draw something useful or something somebody can understand?
    allgm, allgm, Ponyman and 3 others like this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Two things captain; 1. you are now equating the "First" with children's crappy pictures, I didn't and 2. you are equating GM with children which I didn't. You and I as well as all of us on this cite just contributed over $50 BILLION to GM that we will NEVER get back and if I want to offer them advice on how to build a better car or spend their/our money then I feel I have the right to do so. As moderators I would expect you to keep things civil and not become advocates for either side in a discussion on this forum.

A question to the forum moderator - is there a way to filter out individuals from the threads?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

You can put anyone on ignore. The problem is that you will still see they posted, you just won't see what they posted.

Inspectorudy, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I have nothing against you. But the reason you are made out to be the bad guy is because of your constant and ever-present negativity about, well, pretty much everything.

Lighten up a little and you will find that people won't be so quick to jump on you. We all just want to have a little fun here.

The only people that "Jump" on me are the same ones over and over. Just like they are the same ones that jump on anyone else who has a complaint or suggestion. Is this site a cheerleading site for GM or an owner's site to discuss problems and issues with other owners? If I wanted a cheerleading site I would pick up a GM brochure! It is also revealing that when Jimmyh told me to get laid it was meant to be funny but when I suggested he take his box of firsts to a cat house I was being rude. I think I see the trend here, Go GM or No GM then go.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

I have to say that I was initially pleased with this Box of Firsts, but that quickly faded. Much of the stuff is not really usable, and it seems like an awful lot of packaging wasted. I was still stinging from having to pay a small fortune to have the factory fogs installed, frustrated at the lack of a way to get OEM HID headlamps, and had not received ANY follow up communications from my selling dealer. As a first time Cadillac buyer who spent a considerable amount of money, I expected some follow up from my selling dealer. I have purchased/leased several BMW vehicles and expected more from Cadillac. I did post about my dealer experience in the appropriate sub forum here shortly after the sale. For those who find this box a welcome treat, great. I was not really impressed, and felt it was a waste of money. I have been pleased with my SRX after 7 months and 2600 miles. Winter handling has been excellent.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I equated the 'gift' just the same as any 'gift' I receive. Someone took time and money to get me a box of chocolates, a pack of breath mints, or a home made card. Cadillac did the same here.

Yes, both of our governments took 'our' money to save a corporation. Do I care? No. They saved a lot of people's jobs. That is not the point of this thread.

You also made your point that yes, Cadillac can withhold the gift and save the money to do something else with. That's totally your opinion. Just remember there is lots of people here with just as many opinions and feel just as strongly as you do.
    Ponyman and Ponyman like this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.