New SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Marc NY
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; We owned a Deville for the last 12 years and just discovered how little a low mileage Caddy brings in ...
    floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

New SRX

We owned a Deville for the last 12 years and just discovered how little a low mileage Caddy brings in trade but we did become owners of a Gold Mist, SRX Performance. We're looking forward to many years of enjoyment with the new Caddy if I can ever figure out what all those buttons do. It reminds me of the Ford commercial where a sales says this is a car of many buttons. We've got buttons that operate other buttons. I may enroll in night classes. Merry Christmas to all. Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BriggZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS, LUXw/Nav & Sun Roof, RWD; 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Welcome Floridaguy to the forum and congrats on the new SRX. Just bought a 12 SRX myself and love the car. Stay tuned to the forum and you'll learn a lot. And it doesn't take too long to learn all the buttons. Read the manual and play with the buttons a little each day and you'll be an expert before long. Merry Christmas.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: New SRX

One of the surest ways to learn anything is to read the manual and then you will learn about the things that are of interest to you. Once you learn how to use those items because you want to use them then the extra stuff will gradually become more logical to you. Things like the outside mirror to stow position when in a problem neighborhood or the nav display in the DIC, (speedo which gives an easier picture of what's next than the big complex diagram of the next intersection on the nav screen ), when you are in town where the streets are coming really fast. Remote start when its really hot outside and rear hatch opening when you are leaving the grocery store. Here in Georgia I have found that on leaving my car on a hot day I turn the fan on the A/C to high and then when I am a few minutes away from getting into the car I remotely start it and open the rear hatch to blow the hot air out. Once you begin to use the great features that our cars have then they will become second nature to you. However you have to read the manual first to know what is available for you to use. Good luck.

floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

Thanks for the advice. I've downloaded the manual to my computer and I'm reading it whenever I have a few minutes. I thought the gas pedal was not as responsive as it should be and just read that when the "economy" button is on that among other things, the gas pedal response is affected.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Also the throttle response and transmission will 'learn' to your driving pattern. It won't take too long and you won't feel like its 'slow'.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    One of the surest ways to learn anything is to read the manual and then you will learn about the things that are of interest to you. Once you learn how to use those items because you want to use them then the extra stuff will gradually become more logical to you. Things like the outside mirror to stow position when in a problem neighborhood or the nav display in the DIC, (speedo which gives an easier picture of what's next than the big complex diagram of the next intersection on the nav screen ), when you are in town where the streets are coming really fast. Remote start when its really hot outside and rear hatch opening when you are leaving the grocery store. Here in Georgia I have found that on leaving my car on a hot day I turn the fan on the A/C to high and then when I am a few minutes away from getting into the car I remotely start it and open the rear hatch to blow the hot air out. Once you begin to use the great features that our cars have then they will become second nature to you. However you have to read the manual first to know what is available for you to use. Good luck.
    Isn't the remote start supposed to take of that for you? I mean it puts on the AC on high on hot day all by itself. That's how I read the manual.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

You may be right about the fan being on high but I assumed that it meant that the temp went to max cold. I have some issues with the remote systems working as stated in the manual. I have yet to get my seats to come on although I haven't actually measured the temp of them. They just don't seem to be any warmer than if I just sat on them and turned them on. I did read earlier that there had to be pressure on the seat to actually transfer the heat from the coil to the leather so that could be part of it. It's too cold now to test the A/C to see if the fan and temp both go to high but opening the rear hatch really helps the hot air to escape and then it is not recycled..

nickleman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 premium edition 20011 SRX Premium Edition

You need to have the A/C in the auto mode for this to work right. If it is set to a fan speed, auto start will use that fan speed .

Roy

This is a cutaway of the V's Recaro seats, our seats are built similar (with no side bolsters), it gives you just a little bit of an idea of how things work inside. (I don't actually know which one is the element for heat, but it must be near the white air breather pockets (for ventilated seats) near the top.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

hambone8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium

That doesn't look all that comfortable. In that pic the fans for ventilation look fairly large resulting is significant seating area without foam cushion. I believe the white pocket is adjustable lumbar. I will say I am happy with the seats in the 2013 even with ventilation and driver awareness packages. Will have to how the comfort holds up during the duration of the lease.

On second look, I think the fans may be used for heating as well.

Thanks for the pic!

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    ... Here in Georgia I have found that on leaving my car on a hot day I turn the fan on the A/C to high and then when I am a few minutes away from getting into the car I remotely start it and open the rear hatch to blow the hot air out.
    There is another quick and easy method to let out the HOT air inside your SRX and that is to just hold down the Unlock Button on your key fob for a few seconds and that action will automatically lower all your windows in your SRX for you. Lowering all your windows instead of opening your rear tailgate might be a safer method for those who might have anything of value in the rear storage compartment area.
    300:29:1 and 300:29:1 like this.

hawkeye372 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY
    There is another quick and easy method to let out the HOT air inside your SRX and that is to just hold down the Unlock Button on your key fob for a few seconds and that action will automatically lower all your windows in your SRX for you. Lowering all your windows instead of opening your rear tailgate might be a safer method for those who might have anything of value in the rear storage compartment area.
    Does this work on the 2010 model or just the 2011-13 models.

All new SRX's have the auto down window feature, hawkeye.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

inspectorudy,

Have your questions been resolved about remote start and your heated seats? Feel free to contact me or Katie with the last eight of your VIN and we can look into this further for you. Thank you.

Tricia, Cadillac Customer Service (Assisting Katie).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.