Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed???? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Situation is this. I stop for gas with my wife in the passenger seat. Yes we both have fobs. I ...
    woodytwo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD

Angry Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed????

Situation is this. I stop for gas with my wife in the passenger seat. Yes we both have fobs. I get out and the horn does it 3 beeps thing which is most embarrassing. Yes it knows that there is a fob in the SRX but it also knows that someone is in the passenger seat. (There are sensors for this built in) So why can't the program be modified that when this occurs to not honk 3 times???? And when there is a fob in the car and someone in the seat to not lock at all????
    No one in the SRX and a fob is in the SRX, then it is OK to honk 3 times?????

Seems like a fix to the software could remedy these problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Re: Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed????

I have found that if I close the tailgate and then sit in the driver's seat, the horn will give 3 honks if the driver's door is closed before the tailgate is fully latched. I don't think about waiting to close the driver's door until the tailgate finishes doing it's thing, and shouldn't have to. I believe you can simply disable the 3 honks though. This is designed to alert you to a remote being left in the vehicle.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Woodytwo, I'm very sorry this experience has left you frustrated with the honking. I will be sure to document your feedback in a place where the appropriate GM teams can access it, and if you would like me to research this concern further for you don't hesitate to contact me! I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be very helpful.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

It is really great to see that Katie, the Cadillac Customer Service person was here to try and offer some assistance.
    TheCaptain and TheCaptain like this.

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance
    If you feel like you don't need this reminder period, you can disable it completely in car settings...

woodytwo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Woodytwo, I'm very sorry this experience has left you frustrated with the honking. I will be sure to document your feedback in a place where the appropriate GM teams can access it, and if you would like me to research this concern further for you don't hesitate to contact me! I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be very helpful.

Best,

Katie

Katie, you are an angel! Thanks for your help.
    woodytwo

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by woodytwo View Post
    Katie, you are an angel! Thanks for your help.
    woodytwo
    Glad to be of assistance, Woodytwo! I'm headed out of the office soon for the weekend, but I will be sure to check my emails and continue investigating when I return Monday morning (12/17).

Katie

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

When you get out to pump gas and someone else is remaining in the car with a fob, put the SRX into accessory mode by pushing the start button twice instead of just once. Then it won't do the triple honk. The only downside is that it will chime whenever a door is open, but it's a small price to pay.

You can also shut off the triple honk in the config menu, if you wish.

I just disabled mine. Too many false alarms for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1
    I just disabled mine. Too many false alarms for me.
    I am still hearing it after deselecting it in the config menu. UGH!

That's weird...I say double check to see if deselected after turning off vehicle and starting again...I personally never deselected it before because I always want to be reminded but make sure we are talking about the same thing...you are deselecting "remote left in vehicle reminder" correct?

----------

That's weird...I say double check to see if deselected after turning off vehicle and starting again...I personally never deselected it before because I always want to be reminded but make sure we are talking about the same thing...you are deselecting "remote left in vehicle reminder" correct?

Quote Originally Posted by daddie2k3

----------

I verified that this option was deselected. I'll see if it happens again. I don't really need this reminder, and could do without the "false alarms".

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

it's not really a false alarm... it is alerting you that the remote is in the vehicle

if it is honking and the remote is not in the vehicle then that would be a false alarm
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    it's not really a false alarm... it is alerting you that the remote is in the vehicle

if it is honking and the remote is not in the vehicle then that would be a false alarm
    If I'm in the vehicle, and the thing is going off, and it's just me ad the 1 remote, it's a false alarm. I open the rear hatch, press the close button, open the driver's door and sit down. If I close the door before the hatch has fully latched, the alert goes off. This seems faulty to me.

If I'm in the vehicle, and the thing is going off, and it's just me ad the 1 remote, it's a false alarm. I open the rear hatch, press the close button, open the driver's door and sit down. If I close the door before the hatch has fully latched, the alert goes off. This seems faulty to me.
    I must say that I do agree this is NOT faulty because just remember the hatch is considered to be a 5th door and regardless of the order of which is closed first it WILL remind you that you left your key in car and which means your car is unlock for whoever to steal your car because we all know if you have a key left in a unlock car what can happen...
    Lets paint a picture you pull up at the shopping mall and you have to return an item because of wrong size and you go to the hatch to get that item and while doing so your phone rings sitting in the center console so you close the hatch and you go back to driver door and reach over in car to get phone and drop the fob(rather it falls out hand, shirt pocket, etc) and you normally have passive lock on(which I do) so you don't have a need to press lock on fob because you know it will lock on its own...well it will honk 3 times for me and say "COME(honk 1) GET(honk 2) FOB(honk 3)" but with this disabled you won't get the honks and like I said earlier you have a very nice caddy waiting on anybody to sit down and place foot on brake and push engine start...

But I will consider you situation because I deal with them also but my secret is do know close the driver door completely and it will NOT remind you because it believes the you left the car so the next you have this situation and you want the door close...shut it 99% where you would normally give the hip bump to close the car from the outside...IT WORKS EVERYTIME FOR ME

HOPES THIS HELPS EVERYBODY!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.