- 12-19-12 06:26 AM #16
Re: Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed????
Also note: if you have the key on you, get out of the vehicle and leave the drivers door open, then hop back in and close the door, the vehicle will honk. The vehicle is programmed with a simple order of events operation, and according to it, the key never left the car and you did. The car doesn't actually know when you are in the seat with the key aside from when it check upon ignition start and at certain intervals set after ignition start.
I noticed this right away, and any time i get out and back in again, i just close the driver door when i get out, and open it to get in again and it completes the order of events for it to not give a horn warning.
- 12-19-12 09:07 AM #17Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
- Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
Originally Posted by TheCaptain
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- Syracuse, N.Y.
- 12-19-12 10:29 AM #18Originally Posted by 300:29:1
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Reach Pliers
Long Reach Pliers - 11" 90 Degree Long Reach Pliers
- PowerTorque Tools - Universal Joint Set
Universal Joint Set - 3 Piece; 1/4 Inch, 3/8 Inch, 1/2 Inch
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key SAE
Long Arm Hex Key SAE - 13 Pcs SAE Long Arm Hex Key Set; With Storage Container