- 12-19-12 06:26 AM #16
Re: Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed????
Also note: if you have the key on you, get out of the vehicle and leave the drivers door open, then hop back in and close the door, the vehicle will honk. The vehicle is programmed with a simple order of events operation, and according to it, the key never left the car and you did. The car doesn't actually know when you are in the seat with the key aside from when it check upon ignition start and at certain intervals set after ignition start.
I noticed this right away, and any time i get out and back in again, i just close the driver door when i get out, and open it to get in again and it completes the order of events for it to not give a horn warning.
- 12-19-12 09:07 AM #17Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
- Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
Originally Posted by TheCaptain
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- Syracuse, N.Y.
- 12-19-12 10:29 AM #18Originally Posted by 300:29:1
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; SAE; Includes: 3/8" X 7/16", 1/2" X 9/16" & 5/8" X 11/16"
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 50 Piece; 3/8 Inch Drive