Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed???? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed???? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Also note: if you have the key on you, get out of the vehicle and leave the drivers door open, ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed????

Also note: if you have the key on you, get out of the vehicle and leave the drivers door open, then hop back in and close the door, the vehicle will honk. The vehicle is programmed with a simple order of events operation, and according to it, the key never left the car and you did. The car doesn't actually know when you are in the seat with the key aside from when it check upon ignition start and at certain intervals set after ignition start.
    I noticed this right away, and any time i get out and back in again, i just close the driver door when i get out, and open it to get in again and it completes the order of events for it to not give a horn warning.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain
    Also note: if you have the key on you, get out of the vehicle and leave the drivers door open, then hop back in and close the door, the vehicle will honk. The vehicle is programmed with a simple order of events operation, and according to it, the key never left the car and you did. The car doesn't actually know when you are in the seat with the key aside from when it check upon ignition start and at certain intervals set after ignition start.
    I noticed this right away, and any time i get out and back in again, i just close the driver door when i get out, and open it to get in again and it completes the order of events for it to not give a horn warning.
    Now THAT'S helpful! At least I can understand what"s happening and how to deal with it. I'm not someone who leaves/loses keys. I tend to be very consistent in how I do things. I may reelect the warning and know how to avoid unintentional alarms. Thanks Captain.

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1

Now THAT'S helpful! At least I can understand what"s happening and how to deal with it. I'm not someone who leaves/loses keys. I tend to be very consistent in how I do things. I may reelect the warning and know how to avoid unintentional alarms. Thanks Captain.
    Im glad somebody could shine some light to help you out because that's all we are trying to do but I thought you would've tried leaving the vehicle on or in acc mode already...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.