Steering Noise - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Steering Noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by TRARON My 2010 SRX was in a lot overnight during the first cold spell this year and ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Steering Noise

Quote Originally Posted by TRARON View Post
    My 2010 SRX was in a lot overnight during the first cold spell this year and experienced the grinding when turning noise for the first time. Has the Strut replacement fix worked for this issue?
    Hello TRAFON,

I apologize that you are experiencing this grinding noise when you are turning in your SRX. I do see that you are reaching out to the community for advice and suggestions. If you plan on taking your vehicle into your dealership to address this concern, please feel free to reach out to us via private message so I can assist you in working with the dealership. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoc911 View Post
    My wifes 2011 SRX has been to Permian Cadillac 5 times in the last few months for this issue Last wekk they supposedly finally repaired it per the above service bulletin. This morning 250 miles away as she entered the interstate the car began to make loud grinding and popping noisesand the steering became unstable. She is now behind a wrecker in route to the local cadillac dealer. This will be the 6th time it has been in and it has escalated from a nusiance to a safety issue. CADILLAC SERVICE SUCKS
    Hello mfdoc911,

I apologize that your wife’s SRX was in for service multiple times. I completely understand how frustrating reoccurring issues can be. Was this issue resolved? Did you ever reach out to our Customer Care team so we could create a file for the concerns you were experiencing?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Can someone post up any recent TSB done to their SRX for this issue ? I want to make sure part #'s are correct when I go get mine done. I wanted to know if I can get better components that ones that are available as well directly from Cadillac (like a 2013 model) etc.

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

I notice folks are describing this problem as a "grinding" noise in the front during colder weather. I'm wondering if my 2011 luxury (22000 miles) has the problem. I recently started hearing what I would call a "creaking" noise when I turn the steering wheel on cold mornings. The sound goes away after a few miles and, I suppose, when the car warms up somewhat. My dealership is reluctant to do anything on my car unless they can replicate it on the spot so it might be a struggle to get them to hear and fix it. Does anyone know if there has been a recall or service bulletin issued that I can reference when I take it in?

Quote Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
    I notice folks are describing this problem as a "grinding" noise in the front during colder weather. I'm wondering if my 2011 luxury (22000 miles) has the problem. I recently started hearing what I would call a "creaking" noise when I turn the steering wheel on cold mornings. The sound goes away after a few miles and, I suppose, when the car warms up somewhat. My dealership is reluctant to do anything on my car unless they can replicate it on the spot so it might be a struggle to get them to hear and fix it. Does anyone know if there has been a recall or service bulletin issued that I can reference when I take it in?
    Hello etexlady,

I apologize that you are experiencing this grinding noise with your SRX when you are turning the wheel in cold weather. Have you informed your dealership that this only happens in colder weather and at a cold start? I would be sure to mention that so that they have the best chance to duplicate the concern. Please keep us updated when you take your vehicle in and if you would like me to contact the dealership on your behalf as well, please feel free to private message me. I will be on the lookout for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Here's your answer:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3160786

I would like to invite you to visit one of the "Sticky" threads at the top of forum entitled "How to Goggle Search only this forum". I used the procedure and the search phrase "steering noise". It turned up a lot of posts in this forum relating to your problem.

Note: The above URL takes you to a post in THIS THREAD.

Thank you.

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

Forgive me, Steve, for submitting a post that apparently has irritated you. I know how to search and I did read this thread and some others before I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
    Forgive me, Steve, for submitting a post that apparently has irritated you. I know how to search and I did read this thread and some others before I posted.
    I'm not irritated. I was just trying to be helpful. Why does everybody always take me the wrong way?

I hope at the very least your question was answered satisfactorily.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

I'll mention here, even though I posted in another thread (in case anyone is monitoring this thread).
    My dealer just replaced my strut mounts, and they SAID the struts as well (but thats not part of the problem) on a very early 2012. My build date was Aug 27, 2011 and I know there was some question about whether the issue may have extended into the 2012 MY. Dont take your '12 in if it isnt having a problem. To me, the NOISE was very easy to live with. I just wasnt sure if there was any excessive wear to the bushings/mounts, so I mentioned it (was in for other service anyway) and they took care of it...

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I noticed the noise recently on my 2010 during single digit temps and snow here in Mass. Later in the day when the temp rises to non-Arctic levels, the noise disappears. It's not loud at all, but I can hear a slight groan when making hard turns. I'm not gonna worry about it, as all my previous vehicles made strange noises occasionally in sever temps, including the driver!

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

What is the Service Campaign for this ?

Service Bulletin Number PI0368

Is this correct?

Can someone Post their New Part #'s for the actual Strut Replacement as well

laurajolynn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Permian Cadillac in Hobbs, NM? That is where my 2010 came from also, and I have had my car in at least 4 times since we bought it in September. Same issue. They say they can't replicate it, and won't do anything. Taking it again tomorrow, armed with service bulletin numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by laurajolynn View Post
    Permian Cadillac in Hobbs, NM? That is where my 2010 came from also, and I have had my car in at least 4 times since we bought it in September. Same issue. They say they can't replicate it, and won't do anything. Taking it again tomorrow, armed with service bulletin numbers!
    Hi laurajolynn,

I am sorry that you have experienced these issues with your Cadillac and have been unsuccessful in your attempts to resolve them with the dealer. I know you are taking it in again shortly, but if you would like I can research this issue from my end and collaborate with the dealer. Please send me a PM with your VIN and contact information if you are interested. If a PM does not work, email me at socialmedia@gm.com with “Attention: Austin” in the subject line.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Does the same service bulletin cover 2012 model year? Mine has been doing the same thing in the cold weather and I just came across this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencarguy View Post
    Does the same service bulletin cover 2012 model year? Mine has been doing the same thing in the cold weather and I just came across this.
    I'm amazed that this problem surfaced early on in the 2010 model and is still around for the 2012 model. What's up with that GM? (This would be one of those times when Caddy support should chime in with a logical explanation.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lencarguy View Post
    Hello Lencarguy,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern as well. If you would like, I would be more than happy to contact your dealership and see if the service bulletin you are referencing would apply to your vehicle as well. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I'm amazed that this problem surfaced early on in the 2010 model and is still around for the 2012 model. What's up with that GM? (This would be one of those times when Caddy support should chime in with a logical explanation.)
    Hello stevec5375,

Unfortunately, we don’t have access to what our engineers are working on. I will definitely document your feedback within our database though. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions or comments.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.