Steering Noise - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Steering Noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; Will do If she knew what she was talking about. Hope they don't sneak another set of the same part ...
    Dave3727 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Re: Steering Noise

Will do If she knew what she was talking about. Hope they don't sneak another set of the same part number. I've been driving the loaner, a 2013 SRX with 2500 miles on it. There is no squeaks or grinds and the temps have been 35 degrees and lower. So it doesn't seem to have the same issue.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3727 View Post
    Will do If she knew what she was talking about. Hope they don't sneak another set of the same part number. I've been driving the loaner, a 2013 SRX with 2500 miles on it. There is no squeaks or grinds and the temps have been 35 degrees and lower. So it doesn't seem to have the same issue.
    It doesn't have the same issue "YET". Mine didn't have the problem until I hit 18K miles (2010 premium).

TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium - Gold Mist

Thanks Captain I am going to make an appointment and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Stopped by the dealer today and was told the struts where in. I asked if these were the same as they have been using? They told me its a completely new strut and they will probably be a recall issued. I was also informed that this is the forth change in design on the struts. I think I would fire that engineer by this point.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Stopped by the dealer today and was told the struts where in. I asked if these were the same as they have been using? They told me its a completely new strut and they will probably be a recall issued. I was also informed that this is the forth change in design on the struts. I think I would fire that engineer by this point.
    A recall would indicate a safety hazard with the struts. Do you have a part number on the new struts?

classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

My wife took her 2012 in for service yesterday. (Noise in front end when cold.)
    Ordered parts: "Upper Mounts" BUT, they said they are on national backorder. No sure on the time frame for that.

Not yet but when I pick the car up I will update if the part numbers are on the invoice.

Well I received the car back today. Good news no noise so for. Bad news is looks like they put the same part number on it again. Not a new upgraded part as was told so this is the part no# they used both times 22918669. See what happens.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Well I received the car back today. Good news no noise so for. Bad news is looks like they put the same part number on it again. Not a new upgraded part as was told so this is the part no# they used both times 22918669. See what happens.
    Thank you for the info, and good luck on the fix.

The part number for the Stabilizer Shaft Insulator (bushing) is 22741853 in case anyone is having front end noise in cold weather when going over bumps. This could be the cause of the problem. Thanks Captain for your assistance. Had mine replaced today.

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Thanks!

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by TRARON
    The part number for the Stabilizer Shaft Insulator (bushing) is 22741853 in case anyone is having front end noise in cold weather when going over bumps. This could be the cause of the problem. Thanks Captain for your assistance. Had mine replaced today.

Thank you for sharing this....that is why I like this forum.

mfdoc911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

My wifes 2011 SRX has been to Permian Cadillac 5 times in the last few months for this issue Last wekk they supposedly finally repaired it per the above service bulletin. This morning 250 miles away as she entered the interstate the car began to make loud grinding and popping noisesand the steering became unstable. She is now behind a wrecker in route to the local cadillac dealer. This will be the 6th time it has been in and it has escalated from a nusiance to a safety issue. CADILLAC SERVICE SUCKS

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoc911 View Post
    My wifes 2011 SRX has been to Permian Cadillac 5 times in the last few months for this issue Last wekk they supposedly finally repaired it per the above service bulletin. This morning 250 miles away as she entered the interstate the car began to make loud grinding and popping noisesand the steering became unstable. She is now behind a wrecker in route to the local cadillac dealer. This will be the 6th time it has been in and it has escalated from a nusiance to a safety issue. CADILLAC SERVICE SUCKS
    You realize that in most states if you have the car in the shop for the same problem more than 3 times, you can file under the Lemon Law?

My 2010 SRX was in a lot overnight during the first cold spell this year and experienced the grinding when turning noise for the first time. Has the Strut replacement fix worked for this issue?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.