Steering Noise - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Steering Noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc jcarlilesiu, Did you end up having to leave your vehicle at the dealer over ...
    jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Re: Steering Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    jcarlilesiu,
    Did you end up having to leave your vehicle at the dealer over night?

Sarah, Assisting Katie, Cadillac Customer Service

Not yet, the temperatures warmed back up in Chicago, so I don't know if the noise is still there or not. They should dip back down later this week and I will have a chance to listen for the sound.

My concern is, I am running out of cold weather, and warranty. My goal was to get this all fixed before the warranty expires, but because it needs to be cold out to replicate the issue, I am concerned that if the repair isn't identified and fixed before spring I won't get another winter under warranty to address the problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
    Cadd Customer Service, Can you post the latest part #'s for the 2.8t Suspension? When I replace mine I want to make sure I am getting the latest revision.
    We actually recommend getting in touch with your dealership to discuss this, kanundrum. Or, if you prefer we contact them to ask on your behalf, please let me know! In order for me to contact your dealer, I would need to collect a few more personal details for you; so, please email me again if you would like to pursue that option.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    kanundrum and kanundrum like this.

Dave3727 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Katie, the car is still at dealer. They drove it yesterday and called and said there is no noise. They kept it overnight and drove it this morning and called and said yes we detect the noise. I sent it for grinding noise when you turn it left or right a week ago, they put new struts on it and said its fixed. I received it, drove it for a weekend and it now squeaks and still grinds. The squeaks came after the new struts. Not real happy with car at this point.

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Thanks I will let you know. I may just ride it out until the spring time as this is not a safety issue more of an annoyance issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    We actually recommend getting in touch with your dealership to discuss this, kanundrum. Or, if you prefer we contact them to ask on your behalf, please let me know! In order for me to contact your dealer, I would need to collect a few more personal details for you; so, please email me again if you would like to pursue that option.

Best,

Katie

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3727 View Post
    Katie, the car is still at dealer. They drove it yesterday and called and said there is no noise. They kept it overnight and drove it this morning and called and said yes we detect the noise. I sent it for grinding noise when you turn it left or right a week ago, they put new struts on it and said its fixed. I received it, drove it for a weekend and it now squeaks and still grinds. The squeaks came after the new struts. Not real happy with car at this point.
    Dave, I can definitely appreciate and can understand your frustration with your experience so far. At your convenience, would you please email me with the last eight of your VIN? (I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.) Then I can explore your best next steps with you.

Best,

Katie

TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium - Gold Mist

Had my 2010 SRX in an Airport lot for a few days in very cold weather. When I left the airport and went over speed bumps (slowly) the front suspension made a terrible growning noise. After leaving it in the garage over night the problem went away. Does anyone know if this relates to the steering issue?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

No traron, this sounds like the same issue my SRX had. The dealer took a while to get it right, but they fixed it, and it is a suspension component not related to steering. (I'd have to look at my service book to remember which part they replaced to solve it though.)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium - Gold Mist

Captain - that would be great if you could let me know. I think our vehicles were built around the same time when we joined this forum. You know sometimes these type of issues can be trial and a lot of error and it can be frustrating. I appreciate any assistance you can give me.

Mine has been in the shop for two weeks now for squeaking and grinding noise. Called yesterday and they said there ordering the newer version of front struts. Wait and see what happens. Don't know why its taking this long to get parts.

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave3727
    Mine has been in the shop for two weeks now for squeaking and grinding noise. Called yesterday and they said there ordering the newer version of front struts. Wait and see what happens. Don't know why its taking this long to get parts.

Which year is your car?

2012 DTurmel.

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave3727
    2012 DTurmel.

Hi Dave....thanks for the response.....does this mean that the SRX has the same strut mount issue for the past 3 years ??? That would be disappointing.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by DTurmel View Post
    Hi Dave....thanks for the response.....does this mean that the SRX has the same strut mount issue for the past 3 years ??? That would be disappointing.
    If this turns out to be the case, and it's likely, that seals the deal for me. Won't be buying another Caddy.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TRARON View Post
    Captain - that would be great if you could let me know. I think our vehicles were built around the same time when we joined this forum. You know sometimes these type of issues can be trial and a lot of error and it can be frustrating. I appreciate any assistance you can give me.
    Hey Traron, the very last component the dealer replaced to remove the squeak was the front stabalizer bar. The new one's paint and bushings don't squeak now when it gets cold and it moves.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3727 View Post
    When you do get the car back can you post up the part #'s

thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.