Steering Noise - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Steering Noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; Thanks for the E-mail Katie. I guess since its a Saab I am on my own despite the parts and ...
    kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Steering Noise

Thanks for the E-mail Katie. I guess since its a Saab I am on my own despite the parts and the quality control issue being the same.

Oh well.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Wish I had different answers to provide, kanundrum! Apologies! Since GM had no involvement in the sale and marketing of 2010MY and newer Saab vehicles in the United States, GM has no warranty or other insight with respect to those vehicles. We do recommend vehicle concerns be addressed with Saab Cars North America, though!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Same parts though :P haha Thanks again

farinacci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX AWD Lux Collection

I just had my 2010 in yesterday for its second set of upper strut mounts. I had them replaced the spring of 2011 due to GM redesigning the part and then last year the winter here in MN was so warm that every time I brought it in they couldnt hear it and said that I already had the updated mounts in and it couldnt be that. Well they were wrong it was the mounts again. Hopefully that is the last set I will need until I trade her in!

Im just going to wait until they become more of an issue than noise and then just rebuild them my self.

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

I had the same issue on my 2008 Torrent GXP. Two years into it, had the bushings replaced under warranty. Now out of warranty, and noticed it making niose again. Out of warranty now. Made it three years this time.

Max

gary2381 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

Are service bulletins repaired free of charge even if your vehicle is out of warranty?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    No. You can beg and see what happens.

Dave3727 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I have a 2012 only 4300 miles same issue with noise in the steering. They replaced struts and now it makes more noise than it did before they replaced the struts. Its going back Monday. See what happens this go around. Been in 3 times for rear hatch rattling and dash information center reading backwards. Hope this time its fixed right.

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

I am having the same issue on my 2010.

I took Sube's TSB number to the dealer, described the problem, and they decieded to chance some steering shaft component. Huh? Alright.

A few weeks later, I brought the car back in because I was hearing a squeaking/grinding noise when going over speed bumps in cold ambient temperature. I was still hearing the grinding noise from turning the wheel, and thought they might be related, so I held off on calling back.

The car went back in last week and they changed the bushings due to the sound going over bumps. Yay! Got in the car, freezing outside, no noise. Good news.

Bad news. The wheel grinding noise is still there. The dealership says they can't hear anything (because its warm by the time I get there) and I might have to leave it over night so they can verify.

Why can't they just replace the parts as outlined in the TSB?

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

I have recently discovered this "creaking/ticking" noise in colder temps when I first start driving. It disappears rather quickly after driving a very short distance. I hope it doesn't get any worse. My 2012 SRX Luxury has 3300 miles on the odo. I purchased it new in July 2012.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    I have recently discovered this "creaking/ticking" noise in colder temps when I first start driving. It disappears rather quickly after driving a very short distance. I hope it doesn't get any worse. My 2012 SRX Luxury has 3300 miles on the odo. I purchased it new in July 2012.
    I'll be curious to find out if you end up having to have the strut mounts replaced like the 2010. If so, that pretty much says it all about this crossover. If GM still has the same problem occurring 3 years later then they have learned nothing. I, on the other hand, have learned a lot from the Caddy fiasco. Never again.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Dave3727,
    Any updates from your visit today?

jcarlilesiu,
    Did you end up having to leave your vehicle at the dealer over night?

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

----------

300:29:1 - We don't' want to leave you out! Are you thinking you want to get this checked out, or are you going to wait on it for a while?

Sarah, Assisting Katie, Cadillac Customer Service

Cadd Customer Service, Can you post the latest part #'s for the 2.8t Suspension? When I replace mine I want to make sure I am getting the latest revision.

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375

I'll be curious to find out if you end up having to have the strut mounts replaced like the 2010. If so, that pretty much says it all about this crossover. If GM still has the same problem occurring 3 years later then they have learned nothing. I, on the other hand, have learned a lot from the Caddy fiasco. Never again.

I am curious as well to know the outcomes ...will say a lot about what Cadillac does about recurring problems....my 2012 is under 3000Km and is still problem free so I am touching wood....I deliberately waited for the SRX to " mature " before buying.... my previous car was a nightmare .. I will not even bother mentioning the brand....I think each brand have their share of issues no matter what ... What makes the difference is how the dealership / manufacturer deals with it....I like this forum for this purpose..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.