Musty "Odor" smell when the windsheid defroster is turned on
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Musty "Odor" smell when the windsheid defroster is turned on in Cadillac SRX Forums; My wife's 2012 SRX has (had) a musty odor coming from the defroster vents when it was turned on. Has ...
    classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Musty "Odor" smell when the windsheid defroster is turned on

My wife's 2012 SRX has (had) a musty odor coming from the defroster vents when it was turned on. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a problem or normal? What was the cause?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Re: Musty "Odor" smell when the windsheid defroster is turned on

I had a musty/bad odor coming from my 2010 when A/C went on (I think the defroster will cycle the A/C also). But anyway, I changed the cabin air filter and it took care of the problem. The car had around 16k miles on it at the time. I was surprised the cabin filter was as dirty as it was, so I think it's doing it's job!

It's an easy install, you can do it yourself for around 15 bucks!

classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Re: Musty "Odor" smell when the windsheid defroster is turned on

OK, So I started searching ebay for any new Cabin Filter deals. Some are saying that the 2010-2011 filters are not the same as the 2012 and/or the 2013. I would think these are all the same between the four years. Is part number: 13271191 correct for the 2012 SRX?

brs332 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V, 2011 SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by classiccars
    My wife's 2012 SRX has (had) a musty odor coming from the defroster vents when it was turned on. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a problem or normal? What was the cause?

Thanks
    Lysol via the cabin air intake sometimes does the trick, too.

Brian.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.