2010 SRX Premium 20" Tires - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX Premium 20" Tires in Cadillac SRX Forums; AllGM, there is a new part number for Latitude Tour HP's. Michelin changed the compound from the originals put on ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic

Re: 2010 SRX Premium 20" Tires

AllGM, there is a new part number for Latitude Tour HP's. Michelin changed the compound from the originals put on our vehicles and they are now out of service. If your tire person calls Michelin, they can easily find out there is a replacement Latitude Tour HP on the market already that's newer/better (i don't really know in what respect though). I found the same thing when I was going to get new tires. My tire person just called to find out specifically and there is a new one. (At least in Canada).
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Son of a Gun Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    AllGM, there is a new part number for Latitude Tour HP's. Michelin changed the compound from the originals put on our vehicles and they are now out of service. If your tire person calls Michelin, they can easily find out there is a replacement Latitude Tour HP on the market already that's newer/better (i don't really know in what respect though). I found the same thing when I was going to get new tires. My tire person just called to find out specifically and there is a new one. (At least in Canada).
    Thanks Captain. My tire person called Michelin and the new style is on back order for some reason. The car mfg will get them first to keep the lines running. I will check after the first of the year. $70.00 rebate expires Jan 3

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic

Rain check!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Son of a Gun Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Attached Images
    Hypnos630 likes this.

Hypnos630 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX prem AWD, 2004 CTS-V

Hi, hope you could answer a couple questions. Is your SRX an AWD and have you had any problems with using the 255 vs the stock 235 size tires? I'm not sure if the clearance would be different for the FWD vs AWD model, maybe someone can tell me...
    I'm looking to buy the Continental CrossContact LX20 tire in the 255 size (235 is not offered), TireRack gave it a good review.
    How do you like the Yokohama's?
    Thanks

----------

Hi, hope you could answer a couple questions. Is your SRX an AWD and have you had any problems with using the 255 vs the stock 235 size tires? I'm not sure if the clearance would be different for the FWD vs AWD model, maybe someone can tell me...
    I'm looking to buy the Continental CrossContact LX20 tire in the 255 size (235 is not offered), TireRack gave it a good review.
    Thanks

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
    I went with 255/50/20 Yokohoma Parada Spec All Seasons
    Thanks

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dude View Post
    Definitely a good choice. They are rated #1 in surveys on Tirerack. Most likely go the same route in size as well. I assume they are performing well?
    Hi, hope you could answer a couple questions. Have you had any problems with using the 255 vs the stock 235 size tires? I'm not sure if the clearance would be different for the FWD vs AWD model, maybe someone can tell me...
    Thanks

0 Issues using 255 sizing. No Clearance Problems. Cross Contacts look alright for a nice daily rain/summer/all season tire but dealing with anything that involves snow Ice your going to what something with a bit more of a evacuation channel when it comes to tread.

What area do you live in and what is your main goal? Comfort, Mileage, Traction ? I like my yokohomas as a all around tire how ever when it comes to deep snow traction I am a bit dissapointed. I think I will be moving over to a dedicated winter set and a dedicated other year around tire.

Hypnos630 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX prem AWD, 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
    0 Issues using 255 sizing. No Clearance Problems. Cross Contacts look alright for a nice daily rain/summer/all season tire but dealing with anything that involves snow Ice your going to what something with a bit more of a evacuation channel when it comes to tread.

What area do you live in and what is your main goal? Comfort, Mileage, Traction ? I like my yokohomas as a all around tire how ever when it comes to deep snow traction I am a bit dissapointed. I think I will be moving over to a dedicated winter set and a dedicated other year around tire.
    Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated! I live in metro-Chicago. For winter I bought a set of Blizzaks ($135 after rebate at Discount Tire) with some decent 18" wheels that are closeouts on TireRack (Sport Edition CX $139) and TPS's from Amazon (ACDelco 22854866 GM Original Equipment Tire Pressure Sensor with Cap, Bolt, and Valve Kit $25.50). You won't regret going this route if you get snow where you live. The Blizzaks are awesome, all the hype is true.

For use the rest of the year I'm looking for a highly rated 20" performance tire for dry and wet conditions. The Cross Contacts are priced right and reviews look good too.

BTW... do you have AWD on your Caddy and how many miles you have on the Yokohama's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos630 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated! I live in metro-Chicago. For winter I bought a set of Blizzaks ($135 after rebate at Discount Tire) with some decent 18" wheels that are closeouts on TireRack (Sport Edition CX $139) and TPS's from Amazon (ACDelco 22854866 GM Original Equipment Tire Pressure Sensor with Cap, Bolt, and Valve Kit $25.50). You won't regret going this route if you get snow where you live. The Blizzaks are awesome, all the hype is true.

For use the rest of the year I'm looking for a highly rated 20" performance tire for dry and wet conditions. The Cross Contacts are priced right and reviews look good too.

BTW... do you have AWD on your Caddy and how many miles you have on the Yokohama's?
    Thanks! I was looking into some Nokians as well but that maybe over kill. I do have AWD (Saab 9-4x sister car as show before previously in the thread) and I think on the Yokohomas I have about 25 to 30k miles now they are at 5/32 currently.
    Hypnos630 likes this.

CTS_FAN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4 Premium 2.8T

So, has anyone tried the Bridgestone Duelers?? I'm thinking of getting a set next month...

MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Quote Originally Posted by CTS_FAN View Post
    So, has anyone tried the Bridgestone Duelers?? I'm thinking of getting a set next month...
    I have no personal experience but there is a lot of discussion over on the Toyota Highlander forum about them - most of it not good.
    CTS_FAN likes this.

AllDodge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Got 46K out of the original 20 inch Latitudes and they still had even wear over all tires. Found Sams had the best price and had them installed 2 months a go. Only issue is they didn't do nitrogen fill so took it to my dealer and 40 bucks later all is good

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.