2010 SRX Premium 20" Tires - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX Premium 20" Tires in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by beachcad It's a pity that I have a complete set of SRX 18" wheels AND Michelin latitude ...
    300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by beachcad
    It's a pity that I have a complete set of SRX 18" wheels AND Michelin latitude tires with < 10 miles that I would like to sell for a very cheap price. They were taken off of my wife's 2012 SRX that we purchased at the end of July and replaced with the 20s. We're in Florida, so don't need any winter tires, but if I did I would prefer the 18s as a winter set. They did snatch the TPMS from the old wheels, but those can be found on the internet for a very reasonable price. The shipping costs to deliver these up north would be my concern.
    What style of wheels are these?

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Re: 2010 SRX Premium 20" Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    What style of wheels are these?
    They are the factory 18" polished aluminum (7 double-spoke) wheels and tires that came standard on the 2012 luxury SRX.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad

They are the factory 18" polished aluminum (7 double-spoke) wheels and tires that came standard on the 2012 luxury SRX.
    I was afraid of that. I have the same ones. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    I was afraid of that. I have the same ones. Thanks.
    I'm guessing that you're looking for a more custom look wheel. Like another poster stated, I'm a wheels and tires guy too. I had to pay a small fortune to get the chrome wheels for my wife's SRX. The same wheels are now an option on the 2013 performance or premium for what is a steal compared to what I had to give. I still love the looks and no regrets, except for that 2013 deal being so much sweeter!

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Sube5186 - I am not sure why the tires have worn uneven (front and back). I bought the car when it was 9 months old . . and the wear was already uneven. I will keep my eye on it. I assumed the front would naturally wear faster (even in AWD) because the front of the car is much heavier than the back?
    Just some food for thought. After my last post I went out and checked my tires. Turns out the front was one milometer lower than the rear. Had the tires rotated once before and checked them back then. At that time they were perfectly even. The manual says rotate every 5,000 to 8,000 miles. For me, I'll be sticking with the 8,000 miles from now on. 5,000 miles just doesn't seem to be enough to create any wear differential. I suppose this would vary depending on how many passengers you regularly carry and what's in the cargo area. It just so happens my car is in for service as we speak. I needed an oil change and state inspection. I told them to rotate the tires as well.

You're correct about the increased wear to the front tires because of the extra weight. However, the front to rear weight distribution must be pretty close to 50/50 for me to be getting such minimal difference in wear. I don't know what the previous owner did with yours. Keep an eye on tire wear when you get your new ones. You should be experiencing wear similar to mine. At the very least, there shouldn't be a drastic difference.

Sube

Kuya,
    The type of uneven wear you indicated would suggest you may need an alignment, especially if the wear is across the whole tread width.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Do alignment when you put on the new tires for sure. Something has caused the front tires to wear out faster!!!Maybe the first owner had the front end damaged someway. When you put on the new tires, have all the front end componets checked real well to make sure,all is well...

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad View Post
    I'm guessing that you're looking for a more custom look wheel. Like another poster stated, I'm a wheels and tires guy too. I had to pay a small fortune to get the chrome wheels for my wife's SRX. The same wheels are now an option on the 2013 performance or premium for what is a steal compared to what I had to give. I still love the looks and no regrets, except for that 2013 deal being so much sweeter!
    I couldn't spring for the premium or performance packages, which would have given me wheels and much more. To get new wheels now would probably approach the price of the next tier that I skipped. Maybe next time.

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Update:

Looks like I am going with the "Toyo Versado CUV"

Been on the phone with many tire places locally, and was shocked to hear many recommended this tire as being a better luxury tire then the Michelin. Read a lot about it online, and many reviews. It seems to handle better in wet and snow, and be quieter then the Michelin. Or at least, according to reviews online.

The 235/55 20 had very high ratings.

The Toyo Versado is not cheap, but it is slightly cheaper then the Michelin Latitude . . .

Anyone currently using these, or have any additional input before I go get new tires this week?

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I went with 255/50/20 Yokohoma Parada Spec All Seasons

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Quote Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
    I went with 255/50/20 Yokohoma Parada Spec All Seasons
    Definitely a good choice. They are rated #1 in surveys on Tirerack. Most likely go the same route in size as well. I assume they are performing well?

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dude View Post
    Definitely a good choice. They are rated #1 in surveys on Tirerack. Most likely go the same route in size as well. I assume they are performing well?
    I will be installing them on Monday but they look like they will do very well

phyre88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I would be interested in your Michelin Latitude tires and wheels for the SRX. Email me at phyre88@gmai.com if interested in an offer. Thanks

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

i

In the market for new tires 235 55 20 SEARS has Michelin for $276.41 complete mount bal ect plus $70.00 rebate on 4 tires.
    Seems to be back order Sears could not find any I checked with 4 Michelin dealers. Only one could find 2 tires. Called Michelin the tires that came on our SRX have been discountinued. and a new part # (design ?) is being mfg. Could not give me a ETA. Any way I am down to 3.5 /32 hope it does not snow.

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Just wanted to check in, now that I have a few hundred miles on the Toyo's. So far, they are great. Very quiet and excellent traction in down pouring rain. We have had plenty of that recently . . and the snow is coming any day now haha. They seem much quieter than my previous Mich Latitudes. BUT, to be fair I bought my SRX used with 17,000 miles on it @ 10 months old. So I can not compare actual apples to apples (new tires to new tires).

Overall, the Toyo's are very very quiet, very smooth ride . . . I don't feel any bumps, other than major potholes, etc. They handle very well at higher speeds. I don't notice a single difference in steering performance at all. And instantly it felt like my ride was a luxury vehicle again . . . I noticed an immediate difference just sitting in the SRX for the first time, after the tires were changed. Of course, this could all just be in my head.

I will drop back in later on . . . once we get some snow and give an update - just incase someone is curious.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.