2013 SRX Cue updates
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 SRX Cue updates in Cadillac SRX Forums; I can't find this info but someone on this board might know the answer. Are updated to the CUE system ...
    kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

2013 SRX Cue updates

I can't find this info but someone on this board might know the answer. Are updated to the CUE system done over Onstar or do you have to take it in to the dealership for updating?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Re: 2013 SRX Cue updates

I'm not familiar with the SRX, but I assume it's the same as the XTS and ATS which is updated via USB. So I would assume that means we'll be able to it from home. Not sure tho! I'm interested it seeing how often they release updates. I love my ATS but CUE could definitely use a little more polishing.

caitlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I had to bring 2013 in for service (front guard was falling off) and explained the Navigation takes me far far far out of my way and she said there was an update - so they did so while servicing car.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by caitlex View Post
    I had to bring 2013 in for service (front guard was falling off) and explained the Navigation takes me far far far out of my way and she said there was an update - so they did so while servicing car.
    Even having the latest updates on one's NAV system the NAV system may still take you out of your most direct route. Sometimes it will depend on which method of travel you have selected before you begin your trip (fastest or shortest distance). Sometimes, if I happen to know where there is a turn to make for a shorter or faster route to my destination I will make that turn and of course the NAV system will then adjust itself automatically.

swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

The Nav issue was corrected with a quick update using an SDM card...most of the deeper imbedded updates will require the vehicle return to the service department. GM/Cadillac are not going to allow most of the CUE data to be so readily available that we can download and install at home.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Caitlex, I just wanted to let you know I'm happy to research concerns for you, if you have questions that arise in the future. I hope you'll let us know how you like the update whenever you get the chance, and please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Caitlex, I just wanted to let you know I'm happy to research concerns for you, if you have questions that arise in the future. I hope you'll let us know how you like the update whenever you get the chance, and please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Katie,

My wife have a 2013 SRX build in 10/2012. When was the most recent CUE update released ? The screen response time and the NAV definitely need to be updated. My 2009 CTS-V NAV gives me 3 choices to select a route after i enter the address and with the SRX i get nothing unless i get into the settings? Am I missing something here?

Thank you

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Miamictsv, thank you for your patience! I searched my resources and unfortunately don't have access to the update timing details you're seeking, so I recommend getting in touch with our specialized Infotaiment Customer Support Group for further assistance. Their agents are available at 855-428-3669, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST and Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

According to page 80 of the 2013 Cadillac CUE Infotainment System manual, inappropriate route guidance can occur under one or more of the following conditions.

". The turn was not made on the
    road indicated.
    . Route guidance might not be
    available when using automatic
    rerouting for the next right or
    left turn.
    . The route might not be changed
    when using automatic rerouting.
    . There is no route guidance when
    turning at an intersection.
    . Plural names of places might be
    announced occasionally.
    . It could take a long time to
    operate automatic rerouting
    during high-speed driving.
    . Automatic rerouting might
    display a route returning to the
    set waypoint if heading for a
    destination without passing
    through a set waypoint.
    . The route prohibits the entry of a
    vehicle due to a regulation by
    time or season or any other
    regulation which may be given.
    . Some routes might not be
    searched.
    . The route to the destination
    might not be shown if there are
    new roads, if roads have
    recently changed, or if certain
    roads are not listed in the map
    data. See Maps on page 61.
    To recalibrate the vehicle's position
    on the map, park with the vehicle
    running for two to five minutes, until
    the vehicle position updates. Make
    sure the vehicle is parked in a
    location that is safe and has a clear
    view of the sky and away from large
    obstructions."

If you're still having problems with the route guidance after this troubleshooting, then please do email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Best,

Katie

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Thank you Katie, I have no problem with the NAV in general just it is asking me to use back roads instead of Highways most of the time. I will contact my dealer and see if there is any updates.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I am being told that the next update to the CUE system is coming shortly and you will need to bring your vehicle to the dealer to have it done.

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

Guys, Maybe you didn't know, but, http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...xperience-cue/ There is a forum dedicated to these questions........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.