anyone have the new clear taillamps?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, anyone have the new clear taillamps? in Cadillac SRX Forums; As title says I am wondering if anyone has ordered these? They are a $500 from gmpartsdirect...seems like a good ...
    Cb4h is offline Cadillac Owners Member

anyone have the new clear taillamps?

As title says I am wondering if anyone has ordered these? They are a $500 from gmpartsdirect...seems like a good deal if they look good was wondering if anyone had any pics of these lights, and if you installed them yourself? Thanks guys...Also, I currently have the performance wheels on my 12 but I love the new polished 20 optional on the 13 the spoked one....any idea when these will be available on the market.

Thanks have a good one

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2013SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cb4h
    As title says I am wondering if anyone has ordered these? They are a $500 from gmpartsdirect...seems like a good deal if they look good was wondering if anyone had any pics of these lights, and if you installed them yourself? Thanks guys...Also, I currently have the performance wheels on my 12 but I love the new polished 20 optional on the 13 the spoked one....any idea when these will be available on the market.

Thanks have a good one
    I have a pic from a 2012 I test drove...I'm new to this forum, so I have to figure out how to post the pic from my ph. I really liked these tail lights, It's an option I'll be adding when I order my 2013 SRX

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance
    I have them on my 2011 and very easy to install in like 5 mins...remove one black push pin and 2 Philip screws and just remove the bulbs from the housing and reverse with new taillights...if I find a pic I will post later

msupilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: anyone have the new clear taillamps?

swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

I just had them installed in my Silver 2013 but I dont have any pics yet. I will post soon. They look great. Not as dramatic as the Escalade Premium, but still nice.

Hey just wondering if anyone ever got pics uploaded of these?

toggan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Sport Luxury, 3.0 V6
    Picture please

redvett94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Clear tail light lenses reminds me of a RICER. Come on everyone do not stoop so low to the cheap crap.

Amissing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Srx 2011
    image-3231781124.jpg

Do you have saw the srx of Asian exporting version?

Sorry I was late but here you go

I really like them they look good!!! not as dramatic as on the escalade but very nice affordable upgrade. Thanks for the pics

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Am I the only purist who thinks less is more? Not saying there aren't those who find them appealing, but I think it cheapens the look of the vehicle. It's more of a street aftermarket look imo. Is it just me?

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    Am I the only purist who thinks less is more? Not saying there aren't those who find them appealing, but I think it cheapens the look of the vehicle. It's more of a street aftermarket look imo. Is it just me?
    I think you may be giving too much thought to justifying your individual tastes. My personal opinion is that I prefer the stock taillight lens over the clear also. But I like the chrome wheels and mesh grill, so I can't be a purist.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Customizing one's vehicle is what makes some of our SRX members different than perhaps most Cadillac owners. I usually prefer stock with sometimes adding a few extra GM accessories here and there. However, I can certainly appreciate their desire to show off their individual taste and style.

Quote Originally Posted by redvett94
    Clear tail light lenses reminds me of a RICER. Come on everyone do not stoop so low to the cheap crap.
    I would consider agreeing with you if they were some cheap eBay lights for $20 but they are GM produced lights and are not cheap in price so just personalize my SRX from the back is the same as a personalize tag

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1
    I must say I somewhat agree with you about it being somewhat "street aftermarket" but I must say its SO MANY SRXs floating around I wanted something to make mine stand out like my grille

300:29:1 you would probably hate mine even more because I have green led turn signals in there for the holiday season as I did last year because my 6 year old son loves the crystal red with green led and you only do that with the aftermarket lights...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.