New to the Forums, looking for Brake Lines and Other Mods
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By kanundrum
  • 2 Post By kanundrum
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New to the Forums, looking for Brake Lines and Other Mods in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi Folks New to the forums, I have a 2011 Saab 9-4x Aero XWD (SRX Twin) and I am looking ...
    kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

New to the Forums, looking for Brake Lines and Other Mods

Hi Folks

New to the forums, I have a 2011 Saab 9-4x Aero XWD (SRX Twin) and I am looking to do some modifications to the car

I will be painting my wheels in upcoming weeks (after new tires are in installed) and here is a Mockup of how the car will look

Any Recommendation on Tires (20" Wheels) and plus sizing etc? What are most of the folks running here ?

Also I found a few LED threads but wondering if there is a vendor that everyone uses and a master list for the LED swap out, I hate the yellow lights in the car

Lastly for now I see no one has switched over to stainless steel lines with some Motul RBF600 Fluid so far and I was looking to make the convert using the following lines

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goodridge-G-...3809b3&vxp=mtr

Most of the time the previous model year should fit (I know it does with a few other cars) so just wondering if anyone knows any VAST differences with the brake lines between the 09 and 10 despite the motor difference

BTW

Installed the weather tech Digital Fit mats and the K&N Filter on the 2.8L V6 and they both work brilliantly. Already solved a Check Engine Light issue as this is the same motor as my previous car (2008 Saab TurboX)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: New to the Forums, looking for Brake Lines and Other Mods

Bumpo anyone have the Yokohoma Parada Spec X Tires? If so what side did you go with

tmw
    tmw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I've swapped brake lines on other cars and had an impact, but with my 12 srx the brakes are so tight as they are , I have no desire to swap those hoses....well at least for a long while.

Are you doing it for better braking or just for looks to match the new set of wheels ?

For sure better braking, the current set stills feel a bit spongy even after a full bleed

Redoing the wheels soon, anyone with experience on plus sizing the tire from 235 to a 255 etc ?

Time to upgrade brakes looking for better pads rotors (found a EBC Stage 2 set) also looking for lines.

----------

Bumpo looks like these folks have some kits

http://www.r1concepts.com/Cadillac-SRX-2011-parts.aspx
    r1concepts and r1concepts like this.

r1concepts I sent you a email let me know!
    r1concepts and r1concepts like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.