Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service?

28K views 103 replies 53 participants last post by  adamjeeps 
#1 ·
My wife has had her 2011 SRX luxury for 2 years now, 29,000 miles. In that time it was back twice to fix the radio changing stations as the vehicle was restarted. Once for an occasional power steering noise, sounding like air in the system. They didn't find a cause for that and lately it's happening again. Another visit for AC work - the accumulator/filter needed replacement. Another time for a rattle sound in the right rear somewhere - it's still doing it. Lately, one of the key fobs is malfunctioning. Last time at the dealer, McGuire in Woodbridge NJ, they left serious grease deposits on the front passenger floormat and carpet, and didn't fix the rattle.
I am not a GM basher by any means. I've owned nothing but GM vehicles in my 40 years of driving. I have never had more than 1 or 2 issues with any previous vehicle .This is very disappointing.

#67 ·
The Chevrolet dealer in Glendale CA. (when the 2010 SRX was recently purchased ) But take a look on the internet, EBay I understand dealers sell them off cheaper because usually they are out of the area and it's very doubtful they will be the ones doing the warranty work.

#68 ·
2012- Luxury Had car..1 year and 3 months. Replaced top of dash....always lines in it. Caused by air bag bracket underneath. If you look at pass. dash u will see lines on some. A outline of airbag or bracket Pass seat heater went off after 5 min. They found that pins were bent from Factory underneath seat.
They fixed both n/c. Other than that.....Love car

#69 ·
Heading back to the dealer again very soon, the light on the AC Zone switch does not illuminate after the switch is pressed. Also can't understand why when the navigation is set with an address and the HDD is switched off the navigation shuts down also, anyone know why or what I'm doing wrong?

#70 ·
Westham, the '10-'12 SRX's Nav and stereo/audio is integrated as one. If you turn off the sound (aside from muting it) it turns off the whole system including Nav. Dumb, yes. But that is the way it works.

#73 ·
2013 Performance here new in February and back so many times I can even begin to remember them all. It wouldn't be so bad to have to take the car back for all the things that have gone wrong if they would just fix at least one of the issues. We get new cars every 2-3 years and this is the first car that I have had to take back because something actually doesn't work in at least 10 years. I don't think I ask too much but I expect the things that I have bought and paid for to work properly and not cause undo aggravation. Most of the issues have been with the Cue system. You would think that for something that they base a lot of their advertising on, they would make sure the system worked properly and when it didn't to do everything they can to make it work properly. It's like, hey look at this great thing that we got here....oh, oh, don't touch that.....aren't those icons cool?.....what, you really wanted that to work?

#75 ·
NO, Audi A7 with only 6500 miles. Replaced Navigation/Stereo on day 2 of ownership. Replaced passenger seat belt sensor. Replaced windshield washer motor and all tubing. Replaced air bag sensor. Rattle in drivers door - can not locate. I just love this car, but it ongoing issues will have me trading in at the time the warranty expires.

#80 ·
I started this thread months ago. My wife's SRX went back again last week for the nav screen not dropping to lower position after shifting out of reverse and the radio changing stations when the vehicle is restarted. Fix for both is a new radio according to the dealer.

#81 ·
2014 SRX just purchased and my Nav Screen froze up once prior to hitting the 100 mile mark. Stopped and started the car...nothing. Waited 10 minutes and all is well. Only happened once but am a bit concerned. The Plastic molding on the front passenger window (on the left hand side) was delivered with a crease in it and will be replaced. The menu screen that comes up when the proximity sensor recognizes your hand stayed on for a good 5 minutes before it disappeared. All of these issues are a bit concerning but other than that, the car drives great and we love the intellibeam headlights. Those work great. Am going to wait and see if the electronic demons rear their ugly head before I ask the dealer to take a look. I will say that everytime we drive the car the vehicle exhibits an awful oil burning type of smell. Seems to be getting better and I am sure that various protective coatings etc. are just being burned off. If anyone has knowledge to the contrary and believe I should be concerned, let me know.

#86 ·
Hi,
Just got my 2010 SRX Lux back after the dealer replaced the Transmission Shift Control Assembly, reason was the DIC was showing the display "shift into Park" when the vehicle was in park so the shifter was not sending the the signal to the ECM.
What with the recent Radio/Nav unit replacement I hope that this is not a sign of things to come, but I'm feeling better about my extended warranty purchase.

#88 ·
I have been in for two or three recalls, I had a rattling sound when accelerating uphill for the first 5k miles (dealership blamed on bad gas but I use only Chevron), I have had CUE issues - tuner buttons don't work properly for radio, Ipod doesn't work right at all, even after upgrades, seat belt sensor goes off in passenger seat when I put 2 pounds of papers on it, auto wiper sensor works poorly, and now, yesterday, my heated seats stopped working. All this in the first 11k miles. Very disappointed. Dealership never has answers - "bad gas" for the rattle, "the tuner worked fine when I tried it" for the tuning issue, "maybe you should update your iPod" for the iPod issue, etc etc. This is my third Cadillac - probably my last.

#90 ·
Hello spartan4444,

I apologize that you have experienced these issues with your SRX. Have you spoken with our Customer Care team regarding these issues yet? I would be more than happy to look into these concerns for you if you would like. Please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with? You can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line as well. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I have a 2014 SRX...took delivery in Sept. It's back to dealer for second time with a CUE screen going black while driving. It's a known issue to GM, but it's annoying for a brand new car.
Hello Janeiowa,

I have responded to one of your other posts regarding this issue but I wanted to respond to this one as well to make sure that you received it. I apologize that you are annoyed by your SRX’s CUE display as well. I know how frustrating these issues can be on a new vehicle. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#91 ·
I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 23K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work:

1. Left rear red reflector fell off and had to be replaced.
2. The chrome pieces surrounding the front mirrors on both sides fell off and had to be replaced. TWICE!
3. Have had the Radio/Nav unit replaced two times due to Washington DC always being the default; wouldn't remember the last selected channel; always got Nav warning screen.
4. No A/C coming out of the rear vents.
5. Rearview mirror had to be replaced due to excess movement.
6. Bluetooth failure due to Logic Lock.
7. Left license plate light lens cover fell off.
8. New front windshield due to delamination in the upper left and right corners.
9. Had both right and left headlight assemblies replaced. Water-logged and didn't work.

I treat my car very carefully and keep it spotless. This is the first American car I've had in a very long time. I've never had so many problems with other cars I've owned. When Consumer Reports says the "predicted reliability" on this car is not very good, I think you can see why if mine is any indication.

11/19/2013: Updated with new warranty work (#9).

#92 ·
2011 SRX Luxury with around 35,000 miles. Bought it new and my SRX has been in for service around 9 times. :( My uncle and cousin-in-law work for Cadillac/GM, I wonder if I can trade it in for a newer model with some extra credits....

1. Strut Issues (creaked when going over bumps in cold) = 3 visits until it was finally fixed
2. AC malfunction (it gets really hot in a black SRX with black leather in the summer) = 2 visits (broke twice)
3. Service rear axle alarm has gone off twice in the cold = 2 visits
4. Nav computer memory issue, needed to be updated = 1 visit
5. Liftgate malfunction (Sunroof drain got kinked and rain caused liftgate module to fail somehow). This just happened last week. Was embarrassing as hell as I had my boss in the car with me for a business trip. The service airbag, and tire pressure alarm were going off. Nav screen and all the dash gauges would reset themselves every few minutes. We had to drive like this for 3 hours.

#94 ·
1. The chrome molding near the front mirrors fell off. - fixed
2. Front Left TPMS went intermittent. - sensor replaced
3. Radio/Nav defaults to Washington DC and would not keep the set time. - reprogrammed the radio/nav
4. Rain leaks into passenger side floor carpet even when the sunroof drain is clean. - (still an ongoing issue)
5. Front strut creaks when cold. - replaced the strut top bushing

#95 ·
Adaptive Cruise still is having 'cool down' issues. Even after sitting at the dealer for two weeks. Time for a different dealer. :mad:

#97 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 26K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work:

1. Left rear red reflector fell off and had to be replaced.
2. The chrome pieces surrounding the front mirrors on both sides fell off and had to be replaced. TWICE!
3. Have had the Radio/Nav unit replaced two times due to Washington DC always being the default; wouldn't remember the last selected channel; always got Nav warning screen.
4. No A/C coming out of the rear vents.
5. Rearview mirror had to be replaced due to excess movement.
6. Bluetooth failure due to Logic Lock.
7. Left license plate light lens cover fell off.
8. New front windshield due to delamination in the upper left and right corners.
9. Both front headlight assemblies replaced due to water condensation and saturation causing failure.

I treat my car very carefully and keep it spotless. This is the first American car I've had in a very long time. I've never had so many problems with other cars I've owned. When Consumer Reports says the "predicted reliability" on this car is not very good, I think you can see why if mine is any indication.

#98 ·
We also lease a 2011 SRX. Ours is a Base with 46K on it. Excluding oil changes we have had the vehicle in seven times for warranty issues. The first time was one week after we bought it. I had a burr on the left front rotor and was making a load, high-pitched squeal. We then brought it in to have the right roof rail air bag re-calibrated. Then our radio would not turn off when we exited the car. It would run for hours with the car off. Then both upper strut mounts were replaced. Then the right front axle seal was replaced - twice within a year. I just brought in in this morning because it is making a creaking/scraping sound in cold weather after it has been sitting. We also have that rattle in the right rear.

----------

We also hate the transmission in this car (2011 SRX Base). It hangs up when we coast then try to accelerate.

----------

Ouch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.