Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service?

28K views 103 replies 53 participants last post by  adamjeeps 
#1 ·
My wife has had her 2011 SRX luxury for 2 years now, 29,000 miles. In that time it was back twice to fix the radio changing stations as the vehicle was restarted. Once for an occasional power steering noise, sounding like air in the system. They didn't find a cause for that and lately it's happening again. Another visit for AC work - the accumulator/filter needed replacement. Another time for a rattle sound in the right rear somewhere - it's still doing it. Lately, one of the key fobs is malfunctioning. Last time at the dealer, McGuire in Woodbridge NJ, they left serious grease deposits on the front passenger floormat and carpet, and didn't fix the rattle.
I am not a GM basher by any means. I've owned nothing but GM vehicles in my 40 years of driving. I have never had more than 1 or 2 issues with any previous vehicle .This is very disappointing.

#32 ·
Just got my 2010 SRX Performance (with 32K miles) back from the dealer after having multiple items fixed. Luckily, all fixes were covered 100% under warranty. I only had the vehicle for 3 weeks before I starting noticing the issues. Perhaps, the previous owner didn't care/notice enough to have them fixed. Below is a list of each issue, along with its fix.

1) HVAC Noise (Churning/Flutter in Dash) - Actuator Replaced and reprogrammed. Sound is gone.
2) Rumble in Rear of Vehicle - Gas Tank Replaced. Suspension tuned. Sounds less rough in the rear so far.
3) Front Wheel Scraping/Grinding Noise in Cold Weather - Upper Strut Mounts replaced. Need to try driving when it's cold, below 40 degrees.
4) Nav Issue (Showing Washington, DC and Displaying "I Agree" Screen) - Updated software to latest version. So far, so good.
5) Lag in Shifting During Acceleration - Was told this could not be fixed. Has to do with lack of 3.0L V6 256HP engine. Newer models have a 3.6L with 308HP, apparently.

#34 ·
Caddybill said:
My 2011 Lux has had several warranty issues. Last one was to have the radio/nav system replaced. Previously, the AC dryer was replaced, a power seat motor was replaced, and the OEM tires had to be trued in order to balance them. Now, of coarse, I will be needing to replace these tires at about 25,000 miles.
This is my 3rd new Cadillac and seems to need more repairs than any of my former cars. I have never had this many warranty repairs In any of my other GM cars. My last vehicle was an 04 GMC Envoy XL and I am now wishing I had not traded it on this SRX. The only trouble I had with it was a bad speedometer after 90000 miles.
I am now wondering if I should not have bought a better extended warranty than the 60000 mile one I have.
I just found my driver seat motor has quit working again. Thank goodness for the warranty. However, it still will cost me one or two days time away form my business.

#35 ·
2010 SRX Luxury AWD:

Digital clock in touch screen would not hold change to daylight savings time. Each time car was turned off and on, time would revert back to previous. Radio was replaced--twice.

Major leak from sunroof flooded carpet. Replaced drain hose and cleaned carpet.

Fluttering noise from driver door. Allegedly repaired--four times--yet it's still there.

Service Theft Deterrent System light was on for several days, then car needed to be jump started. Electrical and theft systems checked out ok, and battery was replaced

Headlamp bulb had to be replaced in order to pass state inspection at local Goodyear shop. Shortly afterward, got letter from Cadillac about headlamp recall. Submitted claim and GM reimbursed me.

Car would not start, and Service Stabilitrac light came on. Car had to be towed to dealer (on Saturday night, of course, not to be touched until Monday). Installed some software updates to fix. They also found OnStar not working, and repaired cellular antenna connectors.

Needless to say, that's more warranty repairs than any car I have ever owned.

#36 ·
my 2013 performance with Driver assist had FRONT CAMERA service notice come on the driver's dashboard display. The Lane Departure does not work when the front camera is off. They first did FIRM-Update. 2 days later, I had to take it back for the exact same problem. This time, They replace the whole front camera. So far, the only problem i am having is lane departure warning turning on and off....i notice it because when you are on the freeway and you have the lane departure on, there should be a green icon on the driver's side dash board. Then that light goes off, I tried to trigger the Lane Departure... NOTHING. When it comes on, I did the same thing to Trigger the Alarm and it works. So I give it a little while....

#37 ·
I hope I don't jinx our good luck but our 2012 with 11.5K hasn't been back to the dealer except for oil changes, tire rotation and detailing. I've had a lot of new cars from a number of manufacturers and our SRX is the best of the bunch. I replaced a 2009 Infiniti FX35 with 22K with our SRX and consider it a step up. I'm planning on replacing the 2012 in 2015 at which time I'll look around and drive the models/makes which I find interesting and choose accordingly. I have no brand loyalty and base purchases on quality, performance, toys and price.

#39 ·
Paid4c4, I'm happy to hear everything is going well with your SRX! Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and don't hesitate to contact me if you ever have vehicle questions. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Working backwards from yesterday, I had the radio replaced to fix the whole nav, radio, clock issue. The stability system /AWD quit working during a blizzard, that has been fixed. I had the engine/transmission reflashes. I had the power steering recall addressed and I bought 4 new tires because I got a nail too close to the sidewall and because tires were worn 7/32, had to replace all 4, something to do with AWD/ differencial. I had better luck with mt 2004 Envoy also, but it is head and shoulders above the Envoy I love the SRX and agree with the guy that the 3.6 would really be nice. Also agree with guy who said any first year model is going to have a few shakeouts. Don't dispair! If you send out a thread about warranty service, your bound to get a few hits. 2010AWD 27k miles
Your feedback is also much appreciated, e004. I'm just an email away if you would like me to officially document any of your (or any customer's!) SRX experiences. I'm always happy to investigate on your behalf!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#38 ·
Working backwards from yesterday, I had the radio replaced to fix the whole nav, radio, clock issue. The stability system /AWD quit working during a blizzard, that has been fixed. I had the engine/transmission reflashes. I had the power steering recall addressed and I bought 4 new tires because I got a nail too close to the sidewall and because tires were worn 7/32, had to replace all 4, something to do with AWD/ differencial. I had better luck with mt 2004 Envoy also, but it is head and shoulders above the Envoy I love the SRX and agree with the guy that the 3.6 would really be nice. Also agree with guy who said any first year model is going to have a few shakeouts. Don't dispair! If you send out a thread about warranty service, your bound to get a few hits. 2010AWD 27k miles

#40 ·
One thing to keep in mind when reading this thread is that a lot of people have "issues" with their SRX they don't even know are problems. Heck, some of the techs don't even know about certain problems and you have to direct them to the documentation. So I suspect there are people out there driving around in SRXs that are bug ridden and are blissfully ignorant. Just look at how many questions we get on this forum that indicate a clear lack of reading the manual.

#41 ·
We purchased our 2012 SRX Premium AWD in March 2012. We now have 16,500 trouble free miles. No issues whatsoever. I have owned many different brands of automobiles in my 50+ years of driving and can say without reservation this is the most solid vehicle I have owned. We also have a 2007 Lexus ES350 purchased new in 2006. The first 40,000 miles with the Lexus was a nightmare. The Lexus had numerous rattles, brake issues, camshaft replacement, and several other issues. Our Cadillac has so far been much more dependable.

#44 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 18K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work:

1. Left rear red reflector fell off and had to be replaced.
2. The chrome pieces surrounding the front mirrors on both sides fell off and had to be replaced. TWICE!
3. Have had the Radio/Nav unit replaced two times due to Washington DC always being the default; wouldn't remember the last selected channel; always got Nav warning screen.
4. No A/C coming out of the rear vents.
5. Rearview mirror had to be replaced due to excess movement.
6. Bluetooth failure due to Logic Lock.
7. Left license plate light lens cover fell off.
8. New front windshield due to delamination in the upper left and right corners.
9. Left front headlight assembly replaced due to water standing in it and causing major condensation internally.

I treat my car very carefully and keep it spotless. This is the first American car I've had in a very long time. I've never had so many problems with other cars I've owned. When Consumer Reports says the "predicted reliability" on this car is not very good, I think you can see why if mine is any indication.

{Edit: I added #9 today since I just got back from the dealership. The service advisor told me the headlight assembly would have cost me $1,000 to replace if it hadn't been covered by warranty. OUCH!! }

#45 ·
My 2012 Cadillac SRX with no more than 3,000 miles on it suddenly died on me in the middle of the road, I started it back up and it would not go above 20 MPH...Took it to the dealer and they cant seem to figure what the problem is. 1st american car I ever owned and im so dissapointed, I should've stuck with Acura!!!

#46 ·
2010 SRX with 28,000 miles and going in tomorrow for regular scheduled maintenance plus more warranty issues. Has been in at least 18 times for warranty issues, (not in order).

1. Windshield and passenger side glass spots and streaks - 3 times in the first two weeks of owning the vehicle.
2. Front strut issue - twice.
3. Squeaks and rattles from the sunroof area.
4. Headliner clips broke and headliner fell down on drivers side.
5. Washington DC Nav issue.
6. Rattle in rear - rear armrest came loose.
7. Rattle in rear - rear passenger window channel came loose.
8. Windshield cracked while sitting in garage.
9. Front headlight kept going out.
10. Stabiltrak light kept coming on.
11. Towed in when engine control module failed - three weeks for parts.
12. Rattle in headliner and clips came out again.
13. Grinding noise when turning steering wheel.
14. Passenger seat came loose.
15. Fluttering noise from AC unit

My 2004 CTS and 2007 STS were perfect. One recall on the CTS in three years and zero issues with the STS. Guess I am making up for it now.

#50 ·
There were things I didn't like about it compared to our new 13, but actually our 10 was trouble free, except for the drreaded chrome strip. Other than oil changes, the chrome strip replacement was the only time it was in the dealership. I well above average care of my vehicles, and I would have to rate our 10 as satisfactory. We may have been the exception, but all of them weren't bad.

#52 ·
Pony,

I recall the times we were at one another throat on here. Perhaps you can understand why I was so bitter when you consider after paying $40K+ for a new SRX I was having all these problems. Apparently you have been quite fortunate not to have a problematic vehicle like so many of us who took the bait on the 2010 version 1 dot 0.

----------

2010 srx power steering hose leaking,grinding noise front struts twice sensors and now power steering just blew up.Not impressed!
Posts like these, unfortunately, are why Consumer Reports rates the SRX reliability as "below average". I'm dumping mine before it runs out of warranty in Jan 2014. There is no way I'm getting stuck with out-of-pocket expenditures for a bad design.

#53 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 18K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work:

1. Left rear red reflector fell off and had to be replaced.
2. The chrome pieces surrounding the front mirrors on both sides fell off and had to be replaced. THREE TIMES!
3. Have had the Radio/Nav unit replaced two times due to Washington DC always being the default; wouldn't remember the last selected channel; always got Nav warning screen.
4. No A/C coming out of the rear vents.
5. Rearview mirror had to be replaced due to excess movement.
6. Bluetooth failure due to Logic Lock.
7. Left license plate light lens cover fell off.
8. New front windshield due to delamination in the upper left and right corners.
9. Replaced driver's side headlight due to condensation and water standing in it.

I treat my car very carefully and keep it spotless. This is the first American car I've had in a very long time. I've never had so many problems with other cars I've owned. When Consumer Reports says the "predicted reliability" on this car is not very good, I think you can see why if mine is any indication.

#54 ·
Can someone help me? I have the same Washington DC Problem with the navigation, as well as the radio not remembering that I was on FM before I turned off the car. I took the car in to the dealer 2X on the navigation and disappearing clock issues. I have now been told by the dealership that there is no fix for the issues with defaults to Washington. Others seem to have gotten some help, my dealer said sorry you just have to do the extra step to change the state every time. I have had the car since 3/26/13 and have been in for service 3 times nori am not impressed with Cadillac at all!!!

#57 ·
My new 2013 is less than two months old, sitting at the dealer for its third time. 7100 kms on it right now.

Right from day one: Adaptive Cruise hasn't worked properly, it runs in 20 minute "segments" with a two minute cooldown. First time to dealer at 1100 kms, couldn't find anything wrong.
3600 km: Right Side Blind Zone Alert malfunctioned and remained ON all the time, even when the vehicle was off. Also the vehicle would not restart, randomly, and was towed to the dealer while it sat for a day (saturday evening to monday morning) and was 'fine' and restarted normally on monday. :mad2:
7100 kms: Adaptive Cruise again to see if they can fix it.

#59 ·
The 2010 SRX is just a pile of junk. I have owned 2004 2500HD diesel, 2 different Astro vans, 2007 Equinox and none of those I had to go back for warranty work more than 2 times.

In 2.5 years of ownership, and 35000kms I had all this done:

- front diff leaking, whole housing replaced with gaskets
- awd failed, rear diff pump and filter replaced
- gas tank replaced due to noise
- front strut and top mounts replaced due to noise
- rear hatch struts replaced
- rear hatch noise over rough pavement (they cant find the problem)
- pedal assembly got a loose spring sound to it (dealer cant find the problem)
- front headlight hazing (dealer said its not covered under warranty WTF?)

I have spent well over a month in the dealers courtesy cars. SUCKS.

#60 ·
Hello bsze,

I apologize that you have had so many issues with your SRX. I know how frustrating multiple vehicle issues can be. I see that you are not located in the U.S. since you are using km. Unfortunately, we are only equipped to work with U.S. customers. Have you reached out to GM in the country that you live? If you were to private message me where you are located, I could locate the contact information for you. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#61 ·
The good news is, ever since the last glitch at 7500kms, the Adaptive Cruise only glitched once (at night, in rain, in a Colorado construction zone with tons of reflectors. may or may not have confused it). Now at 18 000 kms with not a hitch!

#62 ·
Purchased a 2010 luxury with 33305 miles on it two weeks ago and it has been back twice since, first time a new battery and 2nd time for a new radio due to the Washington DC default/clock issue. I was given a 2014 ATS 2.0T with 10 miles on it as a loaner :cool2: so no complaints there, but I did decide to spend $2100.00 on an extended warranty just in case:bonkers:, takes me to July 2018 or 83305 miles bumper to bumper no deductible.

#63 ·
And the Driver Assist System pulled up an error on the dash. Two trips to the dealer. One to diagnose, one to repair once the parts came in...

#65 ·
Yes I had to Haggle, it started of at 4 years from date of purchase or 50k miles for $2,500 I got it down to 5 years or an additional 50K (which ever comes first) bumper to bumper for $2100 so I'm good after the factory warranty is finished to July 2018 or 83305 miles (which ever comes first) also started off with a $100 deductable, then went to no deductable if I took it back to the dealer I purchased it from but still $100 deductable at other dealers, then it ended up without a deductable anywhere, it's written CNA National Warranty Corp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.