How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 23K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work: 1. Left rear ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service?

I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 23K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work:

1. Left rear red reflector fell off and had to be replaced.
    2. The chrome pieces surrounding the front mirrors on both sides fell off and had to be replaced. TWICE!
    3. Have had the Radio/Nav unit replaced two times due to Washington DC always being the default; wouldn't remember the last selected channel; always got Nav warning screen.
    4. No A/C coming out of the rear vents.
    5. Rearview mirror had to be replaced due to excess movement.
    6. Bluetooth failure due to Logic Lock.
    7. Left license plate light lens cover fell off.
    8. New front windshield due to delamination in the upper left and right corners.
    9. Had both right and left headlight assemblies replaced. Water-logged and didn't work.

I treat my car very carefully and keep it spotless. This is the first American car I've had in a very long time. I've never had so many problems with other cars I've owned. When Consumer Reports says the "predicted reliability" on this car is not very good, I think you can see why if mine is any indication.

11/19/2013: Updated with new warranty work (#9).

Dean5101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Performance

2011 SRX Luxury with around 35,000 miles. Bought it new and my SRX has been in for service around 9 times. My uncle and cousin-in-law work for Cadillac/GM, I wonder if I can trade it in for a newer model with some extra credits....

1. Strut Issues (creaked when going over bumps in cold) = 3 visits until it was finally fixed
    2. AC malfunction (it gets really hot in a black SRX with black leather in the summer) = 2 visits (broke twice)
    3. Service rear axle alarm has gone off twice in the cold = 2 visits
    4. Nav computer memory issue, needed to be updated = 1 visit
    5. Liftgate malfunction (Sunroof drain got kinked and rain caused liftgate module to fail somehow). This just happened last week. Was embarrassing as hell as I had my boss in the car with me for a business trip. The service airbag, and tire pressure alarm were going off. Nav screen and all the dash gauges would reset themselves every few minutes. We had to drive like this for 3 hours.

btk301 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

8 times since August

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

1. The chrome molding near the front mirrors fell off. - fixed
    2. Front Left TPMS went intermittent. - sensor replaced
    3. Radio/Nav defaults to Washington DC and would not keep the set time. - reprogrammed the radio/nav
    4. Rain leaks into passenger side floor carpet even when the sunroof drain is clean. - (still an ongoing issue)
    5. Front strut creaks when cold. - replaced the strut top bushing

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Adaptive Cruise still is having 'cool down' issues. Even after sitting at the dealer for two weeks. Time for a different dealer.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Bejay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Luxury

2012 SRX, currently with 66,000 miles. Have had 2 warranty issues: Left front wheel bearing replaced and rear axle pump failed. Love the vehicle, highly disappointed in drivetrain quality. Last vehicle had 235,000 miles with less problems.

I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 26K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work:

1. Left rear red reflector fell off and had to be replaced.
    2. The chrome pieces surrounding the front mirrors on both sides fell off and had to be replaced. TWICE!
    3. Have had the Radio/Nav unit replaced two times due to Washington DC always being the default; wouldn't remember the last selected channel; always got Nav warning screen.
    4. No A/C coming out of the rear vents.
    5. Rearview mirror had to be replaced due to excess movement.
    6. Bluetooth failure due to Logic Lock.
    7. Left license plate light lens cover fell off.
    8. New front windshield due to delamination in the upper left and right corners.
    9. Both front headlight assemblies replaced due to water condensation and saturation causing failure.

I treat my car very carefully and keep it spotless. This is the first American car I've had in a very long time. I've never had so many problems with other cars I've owned. When Consumer Reports says the "predicted reliability" on this car is not very good, I think you can see why if mine is any indication.
    rokkerz likes this.

rokkerz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Base 18" wheels

We also lease a 2011 SRX. Ours is a Base with 46K on it. Excluding oil changes we have had the vehicle in seven times for warranty issues. The first time was one week after we bought it. I had a burr on the left front rotor and was making a load, high-pitched squeal. We then brought it in to have the right roof rail air bag re-calibrated. Then our radio would not turn off when we exited the car. It would run for hours with the car off. Then both upper strut mounts were replaced. Then the right front axle seal was replaced - twice within a year. I just brought in in this morning because it is making a creaking/scraping sound in cold weather after it has been sitting. We also have that rattle in the right rear.

----------

We also hate the transmission in this car (2011 SRX Base). It hangs up when we coast then try to accelerate.

----------

Ouch.
    stevec5375 likes this.

DarrinMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I have owned 2 SRXs. The 2010 went back once when the trim fell off under the mirror. The 2012 no warranty work. I have enjoyed both vehicles and drive many miles a year.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinMI View Post
    I have owned 2 SRXs. The 2010 went back once when the trim fell off under the mirror. The 2012 no warranty work. I have enjoyed both vehicles and drive many miles a year.
    Yes, but you have a 2012 model. One would hope that GM could get its act together with the 3rd year model. If you'd had the 2010 model, you would be pissed to. Trust me on this.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

nice quick edit.

Quote Originally Posted by gmjim View Post
    nice quick edit.
    huh?

Aren't you the guy that started off with a 2010 SRX and bailed to a wagon? Why are you still hanging out in here being a bore?

BKbroiler61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

I started this thread months ago. We traded my wife's 11 SRX for a 14 SRX. I'm happy to report that, with 6K miles so far, no warranty issues.
    stevec5375 and georule like this.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I've had a few minor trim pieces that needed adjusting and tires that were not able to be balanced but nothing that would keep us from driving it. The tires were not GM's fault.
    stevec5375 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.