How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Hockeyfox NO, Audi A7 with only 6500 miles. Replaced Navigation/Stereo on day 2 of ownership. Replaced passenger ...
    skypara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Re: How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service?

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfox View Post
    NO, Audi A7 with only 6500 miles. Replaced Navigation/Stereo on day 2 of ownership. Replaced passenger seat belt sensor. Replaced windshield washer motor and all tubing. Replaced air bag sensor. Rattle in drivers door - can not locate. I just love this car, but it ongoing issues will have me trading in at the time the warranty expires.
    OMG! Your case is terminal... And that's Audi for crying out loud..

I do hope there will be no more unscheduled workshop visits with the SRX after they fix the TPM system. And on the positive note I was informed about a recently introduced law here (U.A.E.) stating that a car with three warranty breakdowns will be replaced by the dealer with a brand new one. Not that I'm looking forward for it, but makes me feel better.

skypara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium
    OK, the 100km old SRX is 3rd day at the dealership maintenance for the minor TPMS problem... The story is now beyond funny, and way into the "for crying out loud" zone... Cadillac, seriously?!...

buzzkill657 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 srx
    Mine has been in the shop 6 times in the last two months. I have only had it about 18 days in those two months. Mainly transmission shakes at 30 when stopping shakes three times but they say they can't duplicate problem. Guess it's time for another ride along

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill657 View Post
    Mine has been in the shop 6 times in the last two months. I have only had it about 18 days in those two months. Mainly transmission shakes at 30 when stopping shakes three times but they say they can't duplicate problem. Guess it's time for another ride along

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Hello buzzkill657,

I understand your frustration with your vehicle being at the dealer multiple times in the last two months. I have interacted with you via private message, and myself or Gregory will continue to interact with you via PM.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

BKbroiler61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

I started this thread months ago. My wife's SRX went back again last week for the nav screen not dropping to lower position after shifting out of reverse and the radio changing stations when the vehicle is restarted. Fix for both is a new radio according to the dealer.

Hockeyfox is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2014 SRX just purchased and my Nav Screen froze up once prior to hitting the 100 mile mark. Stopped and started the car...nothing. Waited 10 minutes and all is well. Only happened once but am a bit concerned. The Plastic molding on the front passenger window (on the left hand side) was delivered with a crease in it and will be replaced. The menu screen that comes up when the proximity sensor recognizes your hand stayed on for a good 5 minutes before it disappeared. All of these issues are a bit concerning but other than that, the car drives great and we love the intellibeam headlights. Those work great. Am going to wait and see if the electronic demons rear their ugly head before I ask the dealer to take a look. I will say that everytime we drive the car the vehicle exhibits an awful oil burning type of smell. Seems to be getting better and I am sure that various protective coatings etc. are just being burned off. If anyone has knowledge to the contrary and believe I should be concerned, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by BKbroiler61 View Post
    I started this thread months ago. My wife's SRX went back again last week for the nav screen not dropping to lower position after shifting out of reverse and the radio changing stations when the vehicle is restarted. Fix for both is a new radio according to the dealer.
    Hello BKbroiler61,

I am sorry your wife's SRX went back to the dealer due to the nav screen not functioning properly. If you would like to further discuss this concern with us, please reach out via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfox View Post
    2014 SRX just purchased and my Nav Screen froze up once prior to hitting the 100 mile mark. Stopped and started the car...nothing. Waited 10 minutes and all is well. Only happened once but am a bit concerned. The Plastic molding on the front passenger window (on the left hand side) was delivered with a crease in it and will be replaced. The menu screen that comes up when the proximity sensor recognizes your hand stayed on for a good 5 minutes before it disappeared. All of these issues are a bit concerning but other than that, the car drives great and we love the intellibeam headlights. Those work great. Am going to wait and see if the electronic demons rear their ugly head before I ask the dealer to take a look. I will say that everytime we drive the car the vehicle exhibits an awful oil burning type of smell. Seems to be getting better and I am sure that various protective coatings etc. are just being burned off. If anyone has knowledge to the contrary and believe I should be concerned, let me know.
    Hello Hockeyfox,

Congrats on your recent purchase of a 2014 SRX. I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing with your vehicle so soon after purchase. If you would like to further discuss any concern with us, reach out via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

BKbroiler61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Laura,

Thanks. The dealer is waiting for a new radio. No problem yet. We have a 2014 SRX loaner.

Bruce

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Hockeyfox, the burning smells come with a new vehicle, and will dissipate after the first 800 km/ 1000 miles.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Hi,
    Just got my 2010 SRX Lux back after the dealer replaced the Transmission Shift Control Assembly, reason was the DIC was showing the display "shift into Park" when the vehicle was in park so the shifter was not sending the the signal to the ECM.
    What with the recent Radio/Nav unit replacement I hope that this is not a sign of things to come, but I'm feeling better about my extended warranty purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    Hi,
    Just got my 2010 SRX Lux back after the dealer replaced the Transmission Shift Control Assembly, reason was the DIC was showing the display "shift into Park" when the vehicle was in park so the shifter was not sending the the signal to the ECM.
    What with the recent Radio/Nav unit replacement I hope that this is not a sign of things to come, but I'm feeling better about my extended warranty purchase.
    Hello westham,

I am glad the dealer was able to help resolve your vehicle issues. I am sorry for any inconvenience this was for you. If additional concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to contact Gregory or I for assistance.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

spartan4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2103 SRX

I have been in for two or three recalls, I had a rattling sound when accelerating uphill for the first 5k miles (dealership blamed on bad gas but I use only Chevron), I have had CUE issues - tuner buttons don't work properly for radio, Ipod doesn't work right at all, even after upgrades, seat belt sensor goes off in passenger seat when I put 2 pounds of papers on it, auto wiper sensor works poorly, and now, yesterday, my heated seats stopped working. All this in the first 11k miles. Very disappointed. Dealership never has answers - "bad gas" for the rattle, "the tuner worked fine when I tried it" for the tuning issue, "maybe you should update your iPod" for the iPod issue, etc etc. This is my third Cadillac - probably my last.

Janeiowa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2014. AWD

I have a 2014 SRX...took delivery in Sept. It's back to dealer for second time with a CUE screen going black while driving. It's a known issue to GM, but it's annoying for a brand new car.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan4444 View Post
    I have been in for two or three recalls, I had a rattling sound when accelerating uphill for the first 5k miles (dealership blamed on bad gas but I use only Chevron), I have had CUE issues - tuner buttons don't work properly for radio, Ipod doesn't work right at all, even after upgrades, seat belt sensor goes off in passenger seat when I put 2 pounds of papers on it, auto wiper sensor works poorly, and now, yesterday, my heated seats stopped working. All this in the first 11k miles. Very disappointed. Dealership never has answers - "bad gas" for the rattle, "the tuner worked fine when I tried it" for the tuning issue, "maybe you should update your iPod" for the iPod issue, etc etc. This is my third Cadillac - probably my last.
    Hello spartan4444,

I apologize that you have experienced these issues with your SRX. Have you spoken with our Customer Care team regarding these issues yet? I would be more than happy to look into these concerns for you if you would like. Please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with? You can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line as well. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Janeiowa View Post
    I have a 2014 SRX...took delivery in Sept. It's back to dealer for second time with a CUE screen going black while driving. It's a known issue to GM, but it's annoying for a brand new car.
    Hello Janeiowa,

I have responded to one of your other posts regarding this issue but I wanted to respond to this one as well to make sure that you received it. I apologize that you are annoyed by your SRX’s CUE display as well. I know how frustrating these issues can be on a new vehicle. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.