How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service? in Cadillac SRX Forums; The good news is, ever since the last glitch at 7500kms, the Adaptive Cruise only glitched once (at night, in ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service?

The good news is, ever since the last glitch at 7500kms, the Adaptive Cruise only glitched once (at night, in rain, in a Colorado construction zone with tons of reflectors. may or may not have confused it). Now at 18 000 kms with not a hitch!
    Marc NY likes this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Purchased a 2010 luxury with 33305 miles on it two weeks ago and it has been back twice since, first time a new battery and 2nd time for a new radio due to the Washington DC default/clock issue. I was given a 2014 ATS 2.0T with 10 miles on it as a loaner so no complaints there, but I did decide to spend $2100.00 on an extended warranty just in case, takes me to July 2018 or 83305 miles bumper to bumper no deductible.

And the Driver Assist System pulled up an error on the dash. Two trips to the dealer. One to diagnose, one to repair once the parts came in...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

stealth97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance FWD

Westham, did you get the extended warranty at the dealer? Did you have to haggle? I'm considering getting one too. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stealth97 View Post
    Westham, did you get the extended warranty at the dealer? Did you have to haggle? I'm considering getting one too. Thanks!
    Yes I had to Haggle, it started of at 4 years from date of purchase or 50k miles for $2,500 I got it down to 5 years or an additional 50K (which ever comes first) bumper to bumper for $2100 so I'm good after the factory warranty is finished to July 2018 or 83305 miles (which ever comes first) also started off with a $100 deductable, then went to no deductable if I took it back to the dealer I purchased it from but still $100 deductable at other dealers, then it ended up without a deductable anywhere, it's written CNA National Warranty Corp.

stealth97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance FWD

Thank you Westham! Do you mind if I ask which dealer you got it at?

The Chevrolet dealer in Glendale CA. (when the 2010 SRX was recently purchased ) But take a look on the internet, EBay I understand dealers sell them off cheaper because usually they are out of the area and it's very doubtful they will be the ones doing the warranty work.

krawken is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 Luxury

2012- Luxury Had car..1 year and 3 months. Replaced top of dash....always lines in it. Caused by air bag bracket underneath. If you look at pass. dash u will see lines on some. A outline of airbag or bracket Pass seat heater went off after 5 min. They found that pins were bent from Factory underneath seat.
    They fixed both n/c. Other than that.....Love car

Heading back to the dealer again very soon, the light on the AC Zone switch does not illuminate after the switch is pressed. Also can't understand why when the navigation is set with an address and the HDD is switched off the navigation shuts down also, anyone know why or what I'm doing wrong?

Westham, the '10-'12 SRX's Nav and stereo/audio is integrated as one. If you turn off the sound (aside from muting it) it turns off the whole system including Nav. Dumb, yes. But that is the way it works.

Yes, Dumb it is, thanks for the confirmation.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    Heading back to the dealer again very soon, the light on the AC Zone switch does not illuminate after the switch is pressed. Also can't understand why when the navigation is set with an address and the HDD is switched off the navigation shuts down also, anyone know why or what I'm doing wrong?
    Hello westham,

I am sorry you are having a vehicle issue again and are heading back to the dealer. I see TheCaptain was able to answer your navigation question. If there is anything we can assist you with, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

2013 Performance here new in February and back so many times I can even begin to remember them all. It wouldn't be so bad to have to take the car back for all the things that have gone wrong if they would just fix at least one of the issues. We get new cars every 2-3 years and this is the first car that I have had to take back because something actually doesn't work in at least 10 years. I don't think I ask too much but I expect the things that I have bought and paid for to work properly and not cause undo aggravation. Most of the issues have been with the Cue system. You would think that for something that they base a lot of their advertising on, they would make sure the system worked properly and when it didn't to do everything they can to make it work properly. It's like, hey look at this great thing that we got here....oh, oh, don't touch that.....aren't those icons cool?.....what, you really wanted that to work?
    TheCaptain and stevec5375 like this.

skypara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Wow...
    100km/24 hours old SRX Premium here, and tonight will sleep at the dealer's workshop. Reason - TPMS malfunction and requires change of some board.
    Should I've stick with the German brands?...

Hockeyfox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by skypara View Post
    Wow...
    100km/24 hours old SRX Premium here, and tonight will sleep at the dealer's workshop. Reason - TPMS malfunction and requires change of some board.
    Should I've stick with the German brands?...
    NO, Audi A7 with only 6500 miles. Replaced Navigation/Stereo on day 2 of ownership. Replaced passenger seat belt sensor. Replaced windshield washer motor and all tubing. Replaced air bag sensor. Rattle in drivers door - can not locate. I just love this car, but it ongoing issues will have me trading in at the time the warranty expires.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.