How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service? in Cadillac SRX Forums; 2010 SRX with 28,000 miles and going in tomorrow for regular scheduled maintenance plus more warranty issues. Has been in ...
    embassy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04CTS, 07STS,10 SRX,Now 13 SRX Premium and 13 ATS Premium

Re: How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service?

2010 SRX with 28,000 miles and going in tomorrow for regular scheduled maintenance plus more warranty issues. Has been in at least 18 times for warranty issues, (not in order).

1. Windshield and passenger side glass spots and streaks - 3 times in the first two weeks of owning the vehicle.
    2. Front strut issue - twice.
    3. Squeaks and rattles from the sunroof area.
    4. Headliner clips broke and headliner fell down on drivers side.
    5. Washington DC Nav issue.
    6. Rattle in rear - rear armrest came loose.
    7. Rattle in rear - rear passenger window channel came loose.
    8. Windshield cracked while sitting in garage.
    9. Front headlight kept going out.
    10. Stabiltrak light kept coming on.
    11. Towed in when engine control module failed - three weeks for parts.
    12. Rattle in headliner and clips came out again.
    13. Grinding noise when turning steering wheel.
    14. Passenger seat came loose.
    15. Fluttering noise from AC unit

My 2004 CTS and 2007 STS were perfect. One recall on the CTS in three years and zero issues with the STS. Guess I am making up for it now.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

everybody knows by now the 2010 was a loser
    stevec5375 and stevec5375 like this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by ladypro View Post
    everybody knows by now the 2010 was a loser
    It was such a loser that I doubt very seriously that I'll be buying another Cadillac anytime soon.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by embassy View Post
    2010 SRX with 28,000 miles and going in tomorrow for regular scheduled maintenance plus more warranty issues. Has been in at least 18 times for warranty issues, (not in order).

1. Windshield and passenger side glass spots and streaks - 3 times in the first two weeks of owning the vehicle.
    2. Front strut issue - twice.
    3. Squeaks and rattles from the sunroof area.
    4. Headliner clips broke and headliner fell down on drivers side.
    5. Washington DC Nav issue.
    6. Rattle in rear - rear armrest came loose.
    7. Rattle in rear - rear passenger window channel came loose.
    8. Windshield cracked while sitting in garage.
    9. Front headlight kept going out.
    10. Stabiltrak light kept coming on.
    11. Towed in when engine control module failed - three weeks for parts.
    12. Rattle in headliner and clips came out again.
    13. Grinding noise when turning steering wheel.
    14. Passenger seat came loose.
    15. Fluttering noise from AC unit

My 2004 CTS and 2007 STS were perfect. One recall on the CTS in three years and zero issues with the STS. Guess I am making up for it now.
    Let us know how your visit to the dealer goes tomorrow, embassy. We apologize that you've had to have so many repairs done on your SRX already, and if there is anything you need please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll do all we can to assist!
    Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

There were things I didn't like about it compared to our new 13, but actually our 10 was trouble free, except for the drreaded chrome strip. Other than oil changes, the chrome strip replacement was the only time it was in the dealership. I well above average care of my vehicles, and I would have to rate our 10 as satisfactory. We may have been the exception, but all of them weren't bad.

stemp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

2010 srx power steering hose leaking,grinding noise front struts twice sensors and now power steering just blew up.Not impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    There were things I didn't like about it compared to our new 13, but actually our 10 was trouble free, except for the drreaded chrome strip. Other than oil changes, the chrome strip replacement was the only time it was in the dealership. I well above average care of my vehicles, and I would have to rate our 10 as satisfactory. We may have been the exception, but all of them weren't bad.
    Pony,

I recall the times we were at one another throat on here. Perhaps you can understand why I was so bitter when you consider after paying $40K+ for a new SRX I was having all these problems. Apparently you have been quite fortunate not to have a problematic vehicle like so many of us who took the bait on the 2010 version 1 dot 0.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by stemp View Post
    2010 srx power steering hose leaking,grinding noise front struts twice sensors and now power steering just blew up.Not impressed!
    Posts like these, unfortunately, are why Consumer Reports rates the SRX reliability as "below average". I'm dumping mine before it runs out of warranty in Jan 2014. There is no way I'm getting stuck with out-of-pocket expenditures for a bad design.

I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 18K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work:

1. Left rear red reflector fell off and had to be replaced.
    2. The chrome pieces surrounding the front mirrors on both sides fell off and had to be replaced. THREE TIMES!
    3. Have had the Radio/Nav unit replaced two times due to Washington DC always being the default; wouldn't remember the last selected channel; always got Nav warning screen.
    4. No A/C coming out of the rear vents.
    5. Rearview mirror had to be replaced due to excess movement.
    6. Bluetooth failure due to Logic Lock.
    7. Left license plate light lens cover fell off.
    8. New front windshield due to delamination in the upper left and right corners.
    9. Replaced driver's side headlight due to condensation and water standing in it.

I treat my car very carefully and keep it spotless. This is the first American car I've had in a very long time. I've never had so many problems with other cars I've owned. When Consumer Reports says the "predicted reliability" on this car is not very good, I think you can see why if mine is any indication.

Sandyz3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Can someone help me? I have the same Washington DC Problem with the navigation, as well as the radio not remembering that I was on FM before I turned off the car. I took the car in to the dealer 2X on the navigation and disappearing clock issues. I have now been told by the dealership that there is no fix for the issues with defaults to Washington. Others seem to have gotten some help, my dealer said sorry you just have to do the extra step to change the state every time. I have had the car since 3/26/13 and have been in for service 3 times nori am not impressed with Cadillac at all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyz3 View Post
    Can someone help me? I have the same Washington DC Problem with the navigation, as well as the radio not remembering that I was on FM before I turned off the car. I took the car in to the dealer 2X on the navigation and disappearing clock issues. I have now been told by the dealership that there is no fix for the issues with defaults to Washington. Others seem to have gotten some help, my dealer said sorry you just have to do the extra step to change the state every time. I have had the car since 3/26/13 and have been in for service 3 times nori am not impressed with Cadillac at all!!!
    You need your Nav/Radio replaced and it needs to be flashed with the latest version of the firmware. Your dealer is either clueless or lazy. This is a known issue and has been around for a very long time.
    davedogcaddy, allgm and allgm like this.

Andy_TN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Second what Steve said. At one point, our dealer tried to tell us this was "normal" behavior. Be persistent and if you're still not getting anywhere, find a new dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    You need your Nav/Radio replaced and it needs to be flashed with the latest version of the firmware. Your dealer is either clueless or lazy. This is a known issue and has been around for a very long time.
    [COLOR="Silver"]

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

My new 2013 is less than two months old, sitting at the dealer for its third time. 7100 kms on it right now.

Right from day one: Adaptive Cruise hasn't worked properly, it runs in 20 minute "segments" with a two minute cooldown. First time to dealer at 1100 kms, couldn't find anything wrong.
    3600 km: Right Side Blind Zone Alert malfunctioned and remained ON all the time, even when the vehicle was off. Also the vehicle would not restart, randomly, and was towed to the dealer while it sat for a day (saturday evening to monday morning) and was 'fine' and restarted normally on monday.
    7100 kms: Adaptive Cruise again to see if they can fix it.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

embassy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04CTS, 07STS,10 SRX,Now 13 SRX Premium and 13 ATS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    My new 2013 is less than two months old, sitting at the dealer for its third time. 7100 kms on it right now.
    That is starting to sound like my 2010. Ouch.

bsze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4

The 2010 SRX is just a pile of junk. I have owned 2004 2500HD diesel, 2 different Astro vans, 2007 Equinox and none of those I had to go back for warranty work more than 2 times.

In 2.5 years of ownership, and 35000kms I had all this done:

- front diff leaking, whole housing replaced with gaskets
    - awd failed, rear diff pump and filter replaced
    - gas tank replaced due to noise
    - front strut and top mounts replaced due to noise
    - rear hatch struts replaced
    - rear hatch noise over rough pavement (they cant find the problem)
    - pedal assembly got a loose spring sound to it (dealer cant find the problem)
    - front headlight hazing (dealer said its not covered under warranty WTF?)

I have spent well over a month in the dealers courtesy cars. SUCKS.
    stevec5375 likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bsze View Post
    The 2010 SRX is just a pile of junk. I have owned 2004 2500HD diesel, 2 different Astro vans, 2007 Equinox and none of those I had to go back for warranty work more than 2 times.

In 2.5 years of ownership, and 35000kms I had all this done:

- front diff leaking, whole housing replaced with gaskets
    - awd failed, rear diff pump and filter replaced
    - gas tank replaced due to noise
    - front strut and top mounts replaced due to noise
    - rear hatch struts replaced
    - rear hatch noise over rough pavement (they cant find the problem)
    - pedal assembly got a loose spring sound to it (dealer cant find the problem)
    - front headlight hazing (dealer said its not covered under warranty WTF?)

I have spent well over a month in the dealers courtesy cars. SUCKS.
    Hello bsze,

I apologize that you have had so many issues with your SRX. I know how frustrating multiple vehicle issues can be. I see that you are not located in the U.S. since you are using km. Unfortunately, we are only equipped to work with U.S. customers. Have you reached out to GM in the country that you live? If you were to private message me where you are located, I could locate the contact information for you. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.