HID conversion questions. 2011 Luxury - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, HID conversion questions. 2011 Luxury in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by bwclemons The ballast and everything else will slide into the housings, so you don't have to put ...
    SrxNamja is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

Re: HID conversion questions. 2011 Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by bwclemons View Post
    The ballast and everything else will slide into the housings, so you don't have to put any holes into the housing if you don't want to. At first I thought they would slide around but once they move into a position and get jamed in they don't move any more. So far they don't seem to be effected by any heat in the housings.
    did you drill holes or end up just placing them in the housing? I means I would be extremely happy if I didnt have to. I contacted kb and they stated the srx example posted was from this forum probably but i wonder whos car it was so maybe they could chime in as well.

bwclemons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

I've done it. They can be slipped in via the cover when you install the bulb. The error code eliminator will go in there also. It saves some of the wiring because you connect directly to the connector in the housing. You may need to use a zip tie to make sure the wires aren't touching the metal projector when it's in the housing. It works pretty well. I removed the whole housing from the car though. If you are trying to do it without removing the housing I'm not sure how easily it will all stuff in.

shimy86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

bwclemons.... where did you order from and how much was the kit with the code eliminator. Was it just plug and go with no flicker problems and everything still works like from factory??

Thanks!!

bwclemons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

Yes, everything works fine. I would use kbcarstuff.com. Get the standard VOLT Hid system. H10 bulb and
    4300k for the color. Also get the can us fix. Do not get a harness. Everything will stuff into the housings and you will not have to cut anything and from the outside no one will know anything is different from the original. I'm not sure if everything will be able to be done without removing the housing because I did remove them for a install. I would try though. You can always remove the intake for the passenger side and the fuse block for the drivers side. I personally would remove the front cover, but that's me.[ Xenon depot also has good systems so you could use them also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.