New to the forum! just purchased 2011 srx luxury. had some questions.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New to the forum! just purchased 2011 srx luxury. had some questions. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well, first let me start off by saying I've been lurking on here before I even purchased my car last ...
    SrxNamja is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

New to the forum! just purchased 2011 srx luxury. had some questions.

Well, first let me start off by saying I've been lurking on here before I even purchased my car last Saturday and love this forum.

I traded my old 2003 deville and purchased the 2011 srx luxury model for a great price so now I'm realizing how terrible the headlights really are lol.
    So to get down to it I was planning on having the factory fog lamps installed and switch out the bulbs on the lowbeams to a silverstars. same with the fog lamps but I've read that you can simply do the full plug in play on the fogs without a problem. I'd rather avoid trying to after market the headlights due to warranty and problems with the daytimes.

does this set up sound good to you veterans and people that have already done it? Last thing is the color which I purchased is the silver which i love but after some research i was possibly thinking of painting the underbody to match the exterior to give the SRX a full body look,like the black ones. has anybody attempted this or would it look crappy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Re: New to the forum! just purchased 2011 srx luxury. had some questions.

hello and welcome.

I had a similar experience before purchasing my wife's SRX and agree this forum is great. She also got a luxury model and I purchased and installed the GM fog light kit (factory). I have not made any changes to the headlights or bulbs.

I saw pictures from a dealer website (I believe it was a Cadillac dealership in Texas) of a platinum ice SRX that had all of the gray plastic body panels painted to match the body color (white). It looked fantastic in the pics! Unfortunately, I don't have the link or a record of where I found it. If I come across it again, I will send the link.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad View Post
    hello and welcome.

I had a similar experience before purchasing my wife's SRX and agree this forum is great. She also got a luxury model and I purchased and installed the GM fog light kit (factory). I have not made any changes to the headlights or bulbs.

I saw pictures from a dealer website (I believe it was a Cadillac dealership in Texas) of a platinum ice SRX that had all of the gray plastic body panels painted to match the body color (white). It looked fantastic in the pics! Unfortunately, I don't have the link or a record of where I found it. If I come across it again, I will send the link.
    Definitely send that link if you find it. I haven't run across any pics of this yet but i don't see why it wouldn't look great as giving the srx a full look to it. when I was comparing the black to the other colors it makes a large difference in my eyes at least. As far as the HId lighting and fog lamps Ive called 5 gm dealerships and none of the prices really match or they dont have too much experience in installing them. It kind of sucks as hourly labor is involved but i did contact one and he said 30 a piece for them installed but I hope he wasn't thinking of bulb replacement. (Specifically stated install of new foglamps)

I really wanted the HID on the low beams but couldnt justify the 8k difference for premium package vs lux with the premium with 10k more miles. Didnt want the NAV system as Id never use it. these after market installs I've been reading sound great but me putting them on would be a nightmare and no dealership will touch an aftermarket. plus i still have 4 year bumper to bumper

Quote Originally Posted by SrxNamja View Post
    Definitely send that link if you find it. I haven't run across any pics of this yet but i don't see why it wouldn't look great as giving the srx a full look to it. when I was comparing the black to the other colors it makes a large difference in my eyes at least. As far as the HId lighting and fog lamps Ive called 5 gm dealerships and none of the prices really match or they dont have too much experience in installing them. It kind of sucks as hourly labor is involved but i did contact one and he said 30 a piece for them installed but I hope he wasn't thinking of bulb replacement. (Specifically stated install of new foglamps)

I really wanted the HID on the low beams but couldnt justify the 8k difference for premium package vs lux with the premium with 10k more miles. Didnt want the NAV system as Id never use it. these after market installs I've been reading sound great but me putting them on would be a nightmare and no dealership will touch an aftermarket. plus i still have 4 year bumper to bumper
    SRXNamja,
    I found the link I mentioned about the color matched SRX:
    http://www.weilcadillac.com/-2012-SR...tion-3180.aspx

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

VERY NICE!!!! I have to say I to really like that mono-tone look indeed!

To be honest with you that is one of the main reasons why I try to stick to Flannel Gray, Black or Black ICE colors is because those colors will blend in much better with the lower panels than most of the other colors.

GGMiv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY
    VERY NICE!!!! I have to say I to really like that mono-tone look indeed!

To be honest with you that is one of the main reasons why I try to stick to Flannel Gray, Black or Black ICE colors is because those colors will blend in much better with the lower panels than most of the other colors.
    It also blends pretty well with the mocha steel color. I was going to get the gold mist color until I saw the contrast with lower panels. Then I saw the mocha steel and the rest is history.

That is perfect! now if i can find a autobody that can paint it. I have the gradient silver srx.

Quote Originally Posted by GGMiv View Post
    It also blends pretty well with the mocha steel color. I was going to get the gold mist color until I saw the contrast with lower panels. Then I saw the mocha steel and the rest is history.
    We chose the mocha steel also. We added the heavy wire mesh chrome grill and the GM accessory chrome wheels that really gave it a 'special' and classy look that the mocha steel went with so well - IMHO

I will say that I would have the paint matched lower panels in a heartbeat, I think it looks fantastic.

I called up the dealership earlier today and spoke to Dan one of their salesmen. I asked what it would cost for a 2013 SRX (without having to paint the newer style grille) it costs $2,200.00. Not really a bad option price for that great custom look.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I called up the dealership earlier today and spoke to Dan one of their salesmen. I asked what it would cost for a 2013 SRX (without having to paint the newer style grille) it costs $2,200.00. Not really a bad option price for that great custom look.
    yup, called up there and thats about the price they said but I live in MN so it will be more cost effective to have it done here though a reputable autobody paint shop. Any Minnesotans on this forum that have a good insight on which dealership tend to handle the srx more as most I called didn't even have the slightest on just a foglamp install.

edit...

well fellas, this might be a future project of mine if I can get the price down but no additional cutting and simply replaces oem. the only thing I'd leave out are the fender flares but depends how it will look with out them.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/D3-SRX-Side-...item27c8f8b477

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Wow Namja! Those look sweet!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Wow Namja! Those look sweet!
    Yes sir!! Talked to the guy and his wife owns the silver one pictured but he tends to drive it more as its his commute to work as opposed to driving his cts-v 40miles . It's simply jaw dropping the kit makes the SRX look sportier without overly doing it. They are also talking about making a 3.0 and 3.6 supercharged in the future for us that own 2010-2011 model. I don't know but I'm seriously contemplating trading it in for the 2012 since 3.6 standard engine is what should have been in the earlier models. So its either keep the 11 I have and upgrade it slowly or just buy the 12. Maybe those that have driven both can chime in on the difference but i plan on going in monday to test drive the new model. Why can't I just be content lol or my motor blow and they have to put a 3.6 in(dreaming)

Hey Namja, I know the they are only for the side panels but I would like to see the front and rear ... is there any photos of the front and rear views too?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.