LED Fog light bezels - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, LED Fog light bezels in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'd sit with a battery and an adult beverage and work out the logic. Yellow on each plug probably needs ...
    Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Re: LED Fog light bezels

I'd sit with a battery and an adult beverage and work out the logic. Yellow on each plug probably needs to tap to turn signal since that will be different for each side. White taps to parking lights so they come on with other marker lights. Yellow ACC would go to switched 12v so the relay is energized when key is on, red and black are 'always on' 12v and gnd. But with only 6 wires, it cant be hard to work it all out before ever going to the garage...

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver View Post
    I'd sit with a battery and an adult beverage and work out the logic. Yellow on each plug probably needs to tap to turn signal since that will be different for each side. White taps to parking lights so they come on with other marker lights. Yellow ACC would go to switched 12v so the relay is energized when key is on, red and black are 'always on' 12v and gnd. But with only 6 wires, it cant be hard to work it all out before ever going to the garage...
    Ok, I had some time to test the lights with my jump pack. The red and black wires go directly to the battery as expected but they will not light the LED lights until the Yellow ACC wire is connected to a power source so that one I will need to connect to an ignition fuse. The white wire will dim the lights when they receive power and I will need to hook that up to the low beam lights (if I want the dimming feature). The two yellow wires down by the plugs for each LED light when they receive power the amber LEDs come on and the white LED turn off. Since I was testing them with constant power they didn't blink but when they are hooked up to the turn signal wire for each side they should pulsate as expected.

I am bummed that those clilps are broken. These lights look cool and I would love to hook them up. I did receive a response back from the seller regarding the broken clips. He indicated the Chinese new year started Jan 31st and he will not be back to work for another week and when he returns to work he will ship me another set. I will see if that happens and if I have any issues I also have the dispute option with my credit card if it I need to go that route.

~Tina~
    davedogcaddy likes this.

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Tina

Very strange that the clips broke on both lights. It looks like your light inserts are a more brittle plastic than the other type which is strange given their much higher cost. The ones I have are the common straight units which are more of a vinyl plastic. The clips on my lights are pretty rugged and meant to bend somewhat during install or removal. Mine came in a box and wrapped in bubble wrap which I assume yours were as well. Could yours be returned units?

Too bad about the delay in sending replacements but these are going to look great on your SRX and nobody else is going to have them. You could always silicone these in place

Quote Originally Posted by Tup View Post
    Tina

Very strange that the clips broke on both lights. It looks like your light inserts are a more brittle plastic than the other type which is strange given their much higher cost. The ones I have are the common straight units which are more of a vinyl plastic. The clips on my lights are pretty rugged and meant to bend somewhat during install or removal. Mine came in a box and wrapped in bubble wrap which I assume yours were as well. Could yours be returned units?

Too bad about the delay in sending replacements but these are going to look great on your SRX and nobody else is going to have them. You could always silicone these in place
    Tup, mine were not bubble wrapped and the box looked a little worn but not sure if that was from shipping or if that was the condition of the box when the seller shipped it. When I opened the box it seems a little disheveled in the box so I think this could have been a returned item or could have been damaged in shipping. Either way, for both clips to be broken it isn't good. The bezel on these lights are a pretty stiff (and apparently brittle) plastic and not forgiving at all. I could see if I can find some really strong glue and glue the clips back and use your suggestion with the silicone which would give added support but I will only attempt that route if I don't get replacement lights. I already talked to my credit card company and if they refuse to send me new lights then I can dispute the charge and they will remove it from my card (assuming they do not attempt to resolve the issue and the only resolution would be replacement lights).

The lights definitely look SWEET!!

~Tina~

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Thanks for taking the time to write this up and take photos, I do like the look and love the yellow turn signal option. Keep us posted, thanks again.......also is there anyway you can utilize the factory clips or however they are attached?

OK, here's an update on my LED Fog Light Bezel saga....

In my previous posts here on this thread I posted that I received the lights but they were damaged. I contacted the seller at www.aliexpress.com and all he wanted me to do was glue the broken clips back on with "strong" glue, according to his emails to me and didn't want to send me a replacement set of lights that wasn't damaged. I decided to dispute the charge with my credit card and after going back a forth a few times with them and me, I ended up winning the dispute. So now i have a set of LED Fog light bezels with broken clips (3 out of the four clips broken on one light and 2 out of the four clips broken on the other light). I really like the look and style of these lights and I'm just not confident that they will securely stay in place if I attempt to install them. I would much rather have a non damaged set of lights. I guess I'll have to mull it over and see if I want to attempt to install them or not. So far they have found a home on my kitchen table while I was waiting this whole time for the outcome of the dispute, good thing I don't use my kitchen table very often.

I just wanted to give an update since I haven't provided an update in a while. The dispute process was a long process but wasn't to painful as I had all the communication via email and I was able to provide the transcript of those to my credit card company and my cadillac service manager provided an email indicating that the lights were compromised and gluing the clips back on wouldn't not provide the necessary support to secure the lights in place since they were compromised.

Overall I don't think aliexpress is a bad place to purchase items, I just believe I got a seller that didn't want to make things right. It is just like Ebay but for China. You never know who you are dealing with as these are all private sellers.

Now that the dispute is finalized I should be able to go into aliexpress and provide feedback on the seller. As soon as I opened a dispute with my credit card aliexpress froze the transaction and would not let me provide feedback on the seller. I'll have to check it now to see if I can.

~Tina~

davedogcaddy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

I'm really glad for the update. I had been wondering what the outcome had been. Could you share the seller's username so we know who to avoid from aliexpress?

I've still been on the fence with this mod but I think I'll be going with the tried & true version.

I've noticed there are a bunch of sellers who now carry them on eBay - I'm thinking of going this route as eBay really has good buyer protection in place. Anyone know why there is such a wide variety on price? Even the tried & true version there is a huge spread on prices. They are all the same right? There isn't more than one version around is there?

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    I'm really glad for the update. I had been wondering what the outcome had been. Could you share the seller's username so we know who to avoid from aliexpress?

I've still been on the fence with this mod but I think I'll be going with the tried & true version.

I've noticed there are a bunch of sellers who now carry them on eBay - I'm thinking of going this route as eBay really has good buyer protection in place. Anyone know why there is such a wide variety on price? Even the tried & true version there is a huge spread on prices. They are all the same right? There isn't more than one version around is there?
    That sellers I purchased the lights from is Wang Hale and Peter Wang. On Aliexpress the seller is listed as Wang Hale but the messages back and forth were from Peter Wang. So I would steer clear of either of those names on Aliexpress.

I truly believe the lights are quailty lights and I would have no problem ordering the exact lights again just not from those sellers. I don't know if the lights were damaged in shipping having to go through customs (there was a customs sticker on the box so I believe they openned the box to view the contents) or if they were damaged already and the seller was pawning them off on me. Either way, gluing the clips back on was not a satisfactory resolution for me.

What sucks is the lights work perfectly they just can't be clipped in properly. They are sharp looking lights and will add to the overall look of the SRX. I believe they are the best looking LED DRL fog bezels that I have seen.

~Tina~

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Thanks for the update Tina. I wondered what happened.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.