LED Fog light bezels - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, LED Fog light bezels in Cadillac SRX Forums; I did not use the extra wire. I couldn't get it to do anything for mine, so I just wired ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: LED Fog light bezels

I did not use the extra wire. I couldn't get it to do anything for mine, so I just wired mine into the fogs hot and ground. (Via a separable connector so no mods to factory wiring)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I did not use the extra wire. I couldn't get it to do anything for mine, so I just wired mine into the fogs hot and ground. (Via a separable connector so no mods to factory wiring)
    Captain, so it sounds like your LED lights only come on when you turn on your fog lights based on how you wired them. By wiring them to the fog lights, I guess you didn't have to run the wires all the way to the battery, correct?

Thanks for the info.

~Tina~

Indeed you are correct, my wiring is all contained behind the driver side fog light, with only a small wire running over to the right to power the right side. (Zip tied to the front frame)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Thinking of finally doing this project myself. I have had a set like The Captain has on my 'watch' list on ebay for quite sometime. I like the ones Tina ordered better, but there had been some discussion about how well the 'chrome' does (or doesn't) hold up. Is there anyone here who has had the ones Tina is getting on their car for a while that can comment on how they are holding up? Captain - I think you have had your the longest - how are yours holding up.

I think I want to hook mine up to the DRLs, and maybe even the headlights so they 'auto-dim'. Anybody end up disconnecting the factory DRLs and just running these LEDs? Any issues there?

Where I 3M'd the front facing chrome bar is ok, where the chrome surrounds the light (in the circle) is pitted fairly bad. It's just black plastic behind it (obviously), but it's definitely not factory quality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Where I 3M'd the front facing chrome bar is ok, where the chrome surrounds the light (in the circle) is pitted fairly bad. It's just black plastic behind it (obviously), but it's definitely not factory quality.
    Thankfully I am not exposed to the harsh winters with the chemicals and road salts you have there in Canada. I am sure the chrome in the LED lights I am getting will not be factory quality as very few aftermarket accessories are but I believe it will do ok here in FL. I was also considering spraying a clear coat over it for added protection. I will have to research on what is out there that I could use.

~Tina~

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    Thankfully I am not exposed to the harsh winters with the chemicals and road salts you have there in Canada.
    This is a very good point. I'm also in the South, and won't see much in the way of salt. Is that what you think is causing the pitting Captain?

Not really, I chrome polish them the same time I do my rear liftgate piece and side vents; its just all the gravel and small rocks we have for road debris around here I'm sure.

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

What chrome polish do you use captain?

I use Mothers. (Red bottle)

I just received an email today from DHL saying my fog lights are out on the truck for delivery. Hopefully they do not require signature as I will not be home today and they just leave them at the door. I am anxious to get them. I suspect that nothing will be in English and if that is the case it will be fun trying to figure out the additional wires outside of the red power wire and black ground wire.

~Tina~

Tup

Good luck Tina. One hint is the fuse box picture in this link:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Profe...754677711.html

Scroll down and you will see the picture showing the wiring. This picture shows a white wire going to fuse 46 which is the low beam lights. This might be the control wire for dimming your new leds? the turn signal lights might be a challenge. You could always get them hooked up minus the turn signal feature for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tup View Post
    Good luck Tina. One hint is the fuse box picture in this link:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Profe...754677711.html

Scroll down and you will see the picture showing the wiring. This picture shows a white wire going to fuse 46 which is the low beam lights. This might be the control wire for dimming your new leds? the turn signal lights might be a challenge. You could always get them hooked up minus the turn signal feature for now.
    Thanks Tup.

After thinking about it more, I don't think I want to utilize the dimming option. It think I am going to wire the LEDs to be on all the time and not dim when the headlights are on, unless they are obnoxiously bright then I will look into the dimming option. As far at the turn signals go, I believe it will be a little more challenging. I might have a difficult time finding the wires I need without tearing down the entire front end of the car.

And like you said, worst case is that I only wire them up as LEDs to be on with ignition if I can't figure out the turn signal portion.

Tup, did you have an issue with one of the LEDs being wired backwards like some of the folks on here had an issue with?

~Tina~

----------

Just an update on my delivery.... my lights are being delivered via DHL and apparently the delivery requires a signature. The DHL delivery driver called my cell phone to let me know signature was required and he was at my house and no one was home. I didn't answer the call when he called as I didn't recognized the number but listened to the voicemail a few minutes after the call. On the voicemail he stated to call him back and he will arrange delivery later today if I would be home while he was still in my area. I called him back and he offered to meet me this afternoon on my way home from work somewhere on his route and on my commute home to give me the package and just to call him as I was leaving work to see where he was. I asked if he was still in the area of my house and if he could just deliver it to my mom's house who lives about 6 miles from my house and he said he would. I gave him her address and within 15 minutes the package was delivered. I thought it was great that he took the extra time to call me and offer to either meet me or deliver it to another location where I can have someone sign for it.

I am not sure if he did this because it was an international package as he mentioned it was a package from Hong Kong in his voicemail or if this is his typical process when a package requires signature and no one is home to accept it but either way I was very surprised and pleased with his service.

Kudos to DHL!!!

~Tina~

Tup

Tina

My lights worked fine with no adjustments.

The good news is that I have the lights....the bad news is that the clips on the side of each light bezel that are used to clip them in place are broken on both LED Bezel. The box looks like it was a little warn so not sure if that happened during shipping or if it was shipped that way. I have contacted the seller and sent him pictures of the broken clip on each LED Bezel and we will see how I will get a new set of lights.

So it doesn't look like I will be installing them anytime soon. But it did give me a chance to look at the wiring and I will be extremely surprised if I can get these to work as turn signals. The extra two wires are a white wire and a yellow wire and the yellow wire has a sticker labeling it ACC so I guess that is the optional wire to hook up to the low beams but I have no clue what to do with the white wire and then there is a separate yellow wire by the plug for each of the LED light units and I have no clue if that yellow wire is related to the yellow ACC wire. I had thought the white wire was the ACC wire to dim the LEDs but this one has the yellow wire with that label on it. There were instructions but they made no mention of the yellow wire or the white wire but they showed a blue wire in cryptic instruction graphic but there is no blue wire that I have in my set of lights.

I attached a few pics :-)

Pics of the broken Clip

LED Broken Clip 1.jpg LED Broken Clip 2.jpg LED Broken Clip 3.jpg

Pics of the wires

LED Wires.jpg LED Wires 2.jpg LED WIres 3.jpg

Box Contents

LED Box Contents.jpg

Front shot of the lights

LED Front Pic.jpg

~Tina~

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.